Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Need a painter in Texas (DFW)

Old 06-20-2003, 02:49 AM
spadworld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a painter in Texas (DFW)

I live near DFW and may need a painter for my New HPI 200mm Eclipse Body #7431. This will be going on a NTC3. I only want this body painted in a glossy black. Easy eh? Here's the catch. I need the headlights, tail lights, fog lights, and front side marker lights to remain clear on the body. The sticker must be able to cover the clear section though on the side marker and tail lights.
I have a Can of Pactra Racing finish Outlaw Black # RC250 so maybe some one local can either come by or allow me to stop by for a lesson in R/C Body painting. Heck I may be able to trade you something for your time. A complete Custom LED lighting kit TO YOUR SPECS! For either a Grade A paint and decal job from you or just assistance through the whole thing. As far as decals go I just want it to look like the real car and keep it simple.

I know most people don't want a snot nosed 16 yr old Punk to Come by their house so I'll just let you know a little about me. I am a 24yr old Married Service Manager at an Apartment Complex of 2 years. I'm mild natured but I heat up easily when I can't figure out a simple problem. When it comes to painting Cars or R/C car bodies I would end up stomping it into a grease spot due to a small run.

If LED Lighting isn't what you want I could either pay you or do some side work that I would be qualified for.

Either Drop me a line here or a PM and we can work out any details and THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:00 PM
Dstruked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy masking

For the masking of the head lights tail lights ect. Go and get some type of adhesive tape, painting mask should work fine. Get the decal sheet and cut out the lights and then trace them onto the tape, there may even be enough extra material on your decal sheet that you can use that instead of tape. ONce your done tracing, cut em out and stick em on the inside, Mask up your windows with the window masks if included, and spray that puppy black.

Brian