Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Parma Faskolor Pearl White

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 02:05 PM
Derigor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parma Faskolor Pearl White

So I go to spray the Pearl White on my truck body last night and it came out silver.

Just wondering if anyone else has used this color before and has any tips for using this paint? I want to know if I messed up (by not mixing/stirring/shaking it well enough, even though I thought I had), or if I got a Pearl silver bottle with a Pearl white label on it.

Kinda miffed as my body looks terrible now, but I can live with my mistakes if it was my fault it looks silver instead of a pearl white.
I thought maybe this stuff goes on real thin and you have to back it with white, but Parma usually mentions things like that on their site.

I'm using the pearl white as the base color/primary color for my truck. Am I supposed to just put one a thin coat of this stuff, or nice solid coats like I would do a normal base color?
Old 07-27-2009, 06:15 PM
authorjim1

Default RE: Parma Faskolor Pearl White

hello and sorry about the body. It really hurts when that happens. Your post caught my interest, and even though I don't have a full answer for you I can tell you this.

I bought a bottle of that stuff and brused it on trying to create a two tone with the pearl white as one of the colors. Brushing actually can work quite well when you're applying it to the inside. Anyway, I had to quickly clean and sand it off because the color was very weak. Maybe I did something wrong as well but it struck me that it just wasn't very well formulated.

Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Jim
Old 07-27-2009, 07:12 PM
OvalRacer99

I am not familier with Fastcolor paints, but with pactra, it's a 2 step process. First you spray the pearl, then back it up with the other color, or in your case the white. Since I do not have an aribrush, I buy the rattle cans.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:30 AM
Derigor

well, I got home last night and the paint looked whiter. but you are right, the color is really weak. I sprayed another (light) coat of it and it went back to looking silver. Tonight I'm going to back it with white and let it sit up for 24 hours.

Yesterday evening I took the body outside and looked at it through the sunlight and you could see that it was indeed "drying" white. I'll post some pics of it before/after I back it with the white tonight. I bet it will have the effect I am looking for under natural sunlight with the over spray film off the body.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:37 PM
bermankahns

once the white is on there it should give you the color you are looking for.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:11 PM
jamesc43
My Feedback: (2)

I did the same thing once.

I finally realized that it is pearl effect without color. I still am not sure if you are to spray it on the body first and then back with another color or if you spray a transluscent color fist then spray the pearl effect behind it then back it with another light color (say white, yellow, or something light in pigment).