Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Window masks

Old 04-07-2010, 02:20 PM
basketballfan60123
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window masks

Is there any easy way to make window masks for an rc body; I have 1/8th scale body that comes with no window masks.
It only comes with window decals; I was thinking about using them as window masks but afraid they have to much sticky adhesive.
Is there a better way ?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
RcRacer37E

Default RE: Window masks

You could always use liquid masking film or master mask. I use the first as the master stuff stinks.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Casper06

You could also use painters tape or masking tape but that is a bit stickier. Tamiya also sells a low tack tape but their stuff is expensive I only use it when I need to.
Old 04-25-2010, 11:23 PM
Dawman
My Feedback: (33)

All I use is liquid mask , Parma . Just brush it on and draw out your designs , windows , and lettering . Cut you lines and pull each section when your ready to paint . I used to use masking tape and pre-made masks but with liquid your body will be a one off custom .