Community
Search
Notices
RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies Discuss painting techniques, methods and materials. Also detailing and bodies

Silverado is done!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 05:10 PM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silverado is done!

Details first. I used Parma Faskolor paints. FasPearl Charcoal mixed with FasChrome, FasKolor Red, and FasBlack for the body, sprayed on with an old Testors airbrush. Sealed it with FasCoat, but I'm going to add another coat tomorrow. The wheels and spoiler are painted with rattlecan Rustoleum "Hard Hat" industrial bright red. I know it won't stick long, but I mainly wanted to see how it would look. I had to reverse the spoiler mounts to kick the front of it up, otherwise it pushed down on the bed.

The only decals are the headlights, taillights, and bowtie. The Mutilator was traced on from a printoff of the original logo, since the only way to get the decal is to buy another Mutilator.

The motor sits inside the cab, which is why I cut all of the front windows out. Until I can find a long glowplug heater, I'll have to start it with the body off.

The paint lines aren't perfect, I had some issued with the premask, but for my first time, I think it turned out pretty good.

Enough talk, here it is!

Old 04-18-2010, 08:07 PM
authorjim1

Default RE: Silverado is done!

Awesome, looks great. I love trucks and cars that look like an actual car on the street. Not all the flames and stuff.

What's next, any more detailing? Though it looks great as it is.

Jim
Old 04-18-2010, 08:10 PM
AlienModified
My Feedback: (1)

No, this one is done. Next project is finding a car body to fit my Losi Speed-NT. That'll probably look more like a street car too. I'm not really into the race truck style bodies, or the looks. While they are beautiful when done right, it's just not my style. Next one I'll probably put more detail in though.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
KerbyKustoms
My Feedback: (6)

Nice job. The lines look pretty good to me.