RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-painting-detailing-bodies-195/)
-   -   Mustang Mini Me--well, not exactly... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-painting-detailing-bodies-195/4206692-mustang-mini-me-well-not-exactly.html)

BuzzBomber 04-25-2006 08:34 PM

Mustang Mini Me--well, not exactly...

1 Attachment(s)
It's been a number of years since I painted a car body, so be nice to me, but look below to see my latest effort. When the new '05 Mustang came out, I knew I had to have one(especially after driving a convertible 'stang on vacation), so in June last year I put my pickup for sale and one day a shiny mineral grey 05 V-6 convertible followed me home. Sometime in the fall I saw an HPI '05 Mustang GT-R body to fit the RS-4 hanging around the LHS, and then it clicked--I remembered the RS-4 Rally edition that had been languishing on my shelf for a while. Naturally, I bought the body, and some Faskolor beige, pearl black, and white, to try to mix a color close to my 'ride-on scale' Mustang. I didn't get around to painting it until February, but in the meantime, I stumbled on a nice set of LED head and tail lights and figured "why not?". Overall, I think it came out decently. Since the roofline is different between the coupe and ragtop, I didn't bother to give 'mini-mustang a black top like big brother has. So, take a look-see at the finished product and tell me what you think. I only wish I could find a set of rims like what my convertible has(with the spinner hubcaps)

dustin7837 04-26-2006 12:32 AM

RE: Mustang Mini Me--well, not exactly...

hehe. Thats pretty cool!

CadillacDTS2001 04-26-2006 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: BuzzBomber

I only wish I could find a set of rims like what my convertible has(with the spinner hubcaps)
are you serious!
spinner hubs hahahahahahaha[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
omg ..... come on you are joking rite , but hey the body looks killer
but something is out of place on the back of it !

rc monkey 04-26-2006 04:02 PM

nice:D

BuzzBomber 04-27-2006 10:23 AM

ORIGINAL: eyekandy19

I only wish I could find a set of rims like what my convertible has(with the spinner hubcaps)
are you serious!
spinner hubs hahahahahahaha[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]
omg ..... come on you are joking rite , but hey the body looks killer
but something is out of place on the back of it !

Just to clarify, I'm talking about old-school spinner centercaps(intended for quick tire changes during a race). My convertible has them, but they're not functional. Ford just put them on there to borrow from the original Mustang heritage. See below for a pic of the rims that came with my car.

Thanks for the comments, guys!

BuzzBomber 04-27-2006 10:26 AM

Hmm, picture won't upload. Oh, well......AHA!

Found one on the web--

http://www.karkraft.com/2005%2016%20wheels%20001.jpg

gunnut 04-27-2006 07:27 PM

awww ok I see what you mean now.
I thought you meant big 20+ inch RIIIIIIMS [:'(]
Nice car! (both of them!)

brownstone101 04-27-2006 09:44 PM

i REALY like the body :D it is nice and polished up great job :D

BuzzBomber 04-28-2006 10:08 AM

Thanks for the compliments! I got a chance to run the car just after sunset the other day and the lighting adds a whole new dimension to it! Maybe I'm easily amused, but the car just looked SO cool tearing around the parking lot with the lights illuminating the pavement:D.

oldshoolclod 04-28-2006 12:14 PM

Thanks for the compliments! I got a chance to run the car just after sunset the other day and the lighting adds a whole new dimension to it! Maybe I'm easily amused, but the car just looked SO cool tearing around the parking lot with the lights illuminating the pavement:D.

you are not alone...............:eek: