RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-painting-detailing-bodies-195/)
-   -   Is a whole in the windshield (and rear window) sufficient cooling? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-painting-detailing-bodies-195/691793-whole-windshield-rear-window-sufficient-cooling.html)

KyleSch 04-13-2003 06:43 AM

Is a whole in the windshield (and rear window) sufficient cooling?

I'm not sure if I need to cut out the windows too.

Kyle

KyleSch 04-13-2003 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the body.

txt1 04-18-2003 05:50 AM

you can put one on the front letf door to help.

txt1 04-18-2003 05:51 AM

by the way please check my rs4 3 if you have time

KyleSch 04-19-2003 12:59 PM

Ya I cut out the driver side window it was gettin kinda hot

And I saw your RS4 3, must of been really expensive with all that aluminum.

GALAXY 04-24-2003 10:30 AM

Here's an idea,what if you cut out the air dam in the front bumper and put some mesh in there so it can intake air.Then you wouldn't have to have a hole in the window.I don't know if it would actually be enough cooling but it would look cool :)

AllAmericanDan 05-04-2003 07:18 PM

Airdams

I think in cutting holes in the front of the body you would lose alot of the downforce on the front and rear of the car aswell as slowing it down quite a bit. The air coming through under the body is going to lift the front at high speed. I would cut front window, rear window maybe driverside aswell.

Monster Flip 05-07-2003 02:52 AM

Check out my pics...i've never had problems with my front being lifted @ high speed yet with these holes...but then again my RS4 2/RS4 3 might just be too slow for Allamerican dan :D

GALAXY 05-07-2003 10:25 AM

where are your pictures? I already cut my airdam and even made an intercooler for looks.

Monster Flip 05-07-2003 03:35 PM

dude, check the gallery...

otterball21 07-11-2003 06:25 PM

intercooler?! really? get some pictures on.. you should you some window screen.. :D look more close knit and betta...

packfan88 07-12-2003 12:18 AM

all you need is a front hole about 1.5 inch diameter(enough to get at the fuel tank too)

the body post holes,the ignitor hole, and then one hole like the one in the front windshield for the air to get out from inside the body.

if you dont cut the back, the air will parachute the body causing drag and wont cool as much.
you should trim the rear bumper up about an inch and a half from the groud too to let that air out of the body too.

vutting out the windows is not only unnecassary, it will make it very weak and cause whacky air flow.