RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Painting, Detailing & Bodies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-painting-detailing-bodies-195/)
-   -   cricut vinyl cuttting machine. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-painting-detailing-bodies-195/8841061-cricut-vinyl-cuttting-machine.html)

GT100 06-10-2009 10:33 AM

cricut vinyl cuttting machine.

Anyone here have any experience with the Cricut vinyl cutting machine? If so, would it be good for making your own masks and maybe even outter designs? Link below. Thanks

http://www.cricut-craftsdirect.com/servlet/StoreFront</p>

Extreme Crash 06-10-2009 06:44 PM

RE: cricut vinyl cuttting machine.

As far as I know the cricut is a cartridge dependent cutter. You have to buy predesigned pattern cartridges to cut with. I have a Craft Robo and it can cut masks, decals and more that you design yourself. There are many eps files on the internet that you can use with it.

kochj 08-21-2009 03:53 PM

Can you use that machine ot cut out designs for aircraft shrink covering???
Like using monokote or Oracote?? and then apply it to a RC plane??

dhal22 08-29-2009 08:05 PM

that craft robo looks pretty cool.

victory-rc 08-30-2009 01:00 AM

look into the uscutter brand also,there on ebay and they even have a forum of there own to help you out with questions. google it,that should work.
Most likely you only need a small table top unit and they have one for around$250.

Igotntc3andrevo 08-30-2009 07:24 PM

Ive got the P-Cut from USCutter and while it is not the best....It sure is great for the money and some pretty intricate designs.

dhal22 09-30-2009 06:52 PM

ORIGINAL: kochj

i am going to need lettering for a painted plane. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6819340/tm.htm

will one of these machines cut decal style lettering?

victory-rc 10-01-2009 12:42 PM

ORIGINAL: dhal22

ORIGINAL: kochj

i am going to need lettering for a painted plane. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6819340/tm.htm

will one of these machines cut decal style lettering?
I dont see why the uscutter wouldnt. its a nice plotter/cutter.

dhal22 10-30-2009 07:39 PM

just got back to this thread, thx for the advice on the uscutter.

CalvaryCustoms 11-21-2009 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HI Guys, I have a USCutter MH-1351 50" cutter, and I can cut just about anything you can dream up. Along with the cutter, to need a good design program (i use CorelDRAW Design Suite X4) The cutter and program cost less that $500 on Ebay and has worked great for almost a year that I've had it. If you look around for a vinyl supply company, you can find rolls of vinyl, 24"x150' for a little under $100 and thats ALOT of decals. The only other thing you will need is Transfer Tape (get med tack). Basicly this is masking tape you put over the decal/graphic after you remove the scrap, or "weed" it. Put the transfer tape over the decal, peal off the paper back, put it on the body or plane or whatever, rub it down real good, the peal off the tape and your good to go.

If you guys have anymore questions about this, just let me know.

Thanks,
Tim
Calvary Customs

Here are some vinyl jobs I've done

victory-rc 11-22-2009 10:41 AM

ORIGINAL: SEA_TEC

HI Guys, I have a USCutter MH-1351 50'' cutter, and I can cut just about anything you can dream up. Along with the cutter, to need a good design program (i use CorelDRAW Design Suite X4) The cutter and program cost less that $500 on Ebay and has worked great for almost a year that I've had it. If you look around for a vinyl supply company, you can find rolls of vinyl, 24''x150' for a little under $100 and thats ALOT of decals. The only other thing you will need is Transfer Tape (get med tack). Basicly this is masking tape you put over the decal/graphic after you remove the scrap, or ''weed'' it. Put the transfer tape over the decal, peal off the paper back, put it on the body or plane or whatever, rub it down real good, the peal off the tape and your good to go.

If you guys have anymore questions about this, just let me know.

Thanks,
Tim
Calvary Customs

Here are some vinyl jobs I've done
nice work,you need dunkin donut stickers on the cop car :D
like you said,ebay. .... I think they have the correct vinyl rolls with the peel backing included.
Sounds like the uscutters work very well.

studysession 12-19-2009 10:36 AM

Cool idea -

http://www.cricut-craftsdirect.com/s...ette-SD/Detail

CalvaryCustoms 12-19-2009 10:57 AM

Hey Study, That machine will work for small jobs like r/c bodies, just make sure it will cut calender vinyl. Vinyl, applyed right, will keep paint from seaping in around the edges and making a great paint job look like crap.

studysession 12-19-2009 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: CalvaryCustoms

Hey Study, That machine will work for small jobs like r/c bodies, just make sure it will cut calender vinyl. Vinyl, applyed right, will keep paint from seaping in around the edges and making a great paint job look like crap.

I like the idea of these kinds of toys for making custom items for the RC's. -
What is calendar vinyl?

CalvaryCustoms 12-19-2009 12:03 PM

Calender Vinyl is basicly what bumberstickers are made out of. Ypou can find it at any sign supply store. Or, if you don't have any around you, I have plenty I can sell. It is a little thicker than the sample stuff that comes with those machines that are ment for scrapbooking. You can probobly find a 24" vinyl cutter/plotter for about that price on ebay. just a thought.

studysession 12-19-2009 12:15 PM

When it comes times - I will shop around for the biggest machine for the money when I am ready. Right now - just came across the post and love the idea of doing personal decals or paint masks for my RC's.

victory-rc 12-19-2009 12:52 PM

Not sure,check before/ if you buy, .... The cricut cutter has "pre set patterns" ...I dont think you can use it for plotting out your own pics,I think cricut sells cartriges for it with THERE patterns.

dhal22 12-19-2009 01:16 PM

you mean THEIR?

ArloRogers 12-24-2009 11:01 AM

There is a software package for the circut machine that allows you to do cad designs for the machine to cut.