Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Focus Sport & Power - Again

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 AM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Focus Sport & Power - Again

edit
Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Focus Sport & Power - Again

Oh come now Vince,
I get up late on Sunday and am 3 hours behind you anyway so have no chance to see what goodies you have to show or read your usual good stuff.
 I just ran into a couple of Pattern guys at the field yesterday and they were all electric now. I told them I have the Focus Sport and YS 110 and they were actually thrilled. Very nice guys wanting me to build it (well, it's an ARC) and show up. It's good to have some friends at the home field involved in the same event.
So how is your AMA Pattern stuff going?
Chris...
Old 01-30-2011, 03:02 PM
crankpin
My Feedback: (15)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was going to add more text, erased it all, then we had visitor's, they just left. I put Focus #1 in the ground, Miami. Could not find an ARF, Mike Plummer gave me one that needed a little work, then I decided to finish the ARC, which is in these picture's, measuring all tip's to tip's, inside, outside, llining up stab to wing, just got in from securing the stab. 110 going in this one, 115 is here, and will order another 115 next week. Horizon replaced the firmware in my original R921, and tx battery, original tx battery was leaking. They have been on top of these issue's, if that is an issue.

UltraBob, (RCU name), had a F. Sport ARF, he let me buy it, so that is next on the table. Lot of spa and bpa bird's here. Should get out to the field next week, we have had almost a month of steady visitor's. You know, when visitor's come, your personal life comes to a standstill. If I can get my act together, will be at Lakeland Feb. 19-20. No desire to be on a Wheatie's box, just have some fun. I am looking at a plane from the UK, I need that like a hole iin the head, not qualified for all this stuff, more later. This ARC, I did get a set of covered wing's, stab's, painted canopy, rudder, fin, etc., I glassed the fuselage, had to install the wing tube, then Ultra_Cote. I did experiment with hair spray,vs using BalsaRite on the fuselage balsa, sprayed right over the glass cloth and finishing resin. Did not use the woodpecker, all came out good, not used to UC, do a lot of MK. Covered the same scheme as the stock Piedmont Focus Sport's.

115 here with the 110, you can see the difference at carb area, not an expert, no regulator on front anymore, good report's on the ops. Two picture's showing covering job progress.

Vince
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17899.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1555937   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59780.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1555938   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ye84448.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	1555939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lf94157.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	1555940   Click image for larger version

Name:	It10740.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1555941   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40009.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1555942  
Old 01-30-2011, 03:19 PM
remmulp
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vince,

Ignore the PM, was mistaking,

Looks great, get it done. Let's have some fun at Lakeland; be glad to help and call the sequence for you.

Mike P
Old 01-30-2011, 07:16 PM
stuntflyr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, Vince. Mom and Dad got out of LAX non-stop to MIA this morning in First Class on my passes. Miracle. This means they'll be home there in Punta Gorda Isle and I'll have a model going there soon.
I'm cleaning up the garage after maintainance on all the kid's and my other models, next is the Focus Sport ARC. Was yours pretty straight, and straight forward? Your 115 looks cool. I have one low time, repaired 110 and one 110 NIB. Look forward to getting mine up. I'll probably paint mine.
Chris...