Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Visa landing gear

Old 06-13-2011, 04:07 PM
4ptrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visa landing gear

Does anyone happen to have a extra set of the standard landing gear for the VISA? I believe Passport or Onas gear are also the same gear. I'm trying to get my Primary Visa ready. Current gear had de-laminated. If so please PM me to discuss.

Thanks
Larry
D2-VP
Old 06-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Mastertech
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Visa landing gear

Larry,

I have a set of Onas gear, they've been drilled for the mount but you're welcome to them if need be.

Tim
Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Larry, the gear can actually be repaired rather easily. Just flex it to open the delam slightly, flow in some thin CA and clamp overnight. Use some material between the gear and clamps that the CA wont stick to. I have used 1/8 ply that has been Monokoted and waxed. Any CA that flows out can be cleaned up with some 600 grit wet and then the gear can be polished back to a gleam with normal compound. I have done this with 40% Comp ARF gears and had them hold for years.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:04 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: speedracerntrixie

Any CA that flows out can be cleaned up with some 600 grit wet and then the gear can be polished back to a gleam with normal compound.
CA debonder works great in removing overflowed ca from the surface. No polish required.

The gear I repaired this way for a guy at a recent contest, had delaminated at the knee exiting the fuse. Thin ca flowed very easily through the carbon layers making a mess on the opposite side. Protect your clothes (you can guess how I know). Lay the gear on a plastic bag and drizzle the ca in there.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:09 AM
4ptrol

Thanks everyone for the help. I have used the same methods but this gear actually has a hollow void in the area where the gear exits the fuse and becomes wider. I really don't trust it. The CA did help put until I can fill the void I don't want to take the chance and end up having to complete fill work on the bottome of the wings.

Larry