Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

John Foglesong

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default John Foglesong

I only found out today from Dave Reaville's website:

"November 17th, 2011- I am a little perplexed this morning. In this day and age of modern technology and up to the minute reporting one expects to see news at a blindingly fast pace. So imagine my shock when I started researching the dates for the 2012 Event schedule and I go to the Northwest Hobby Expo only to discover that John Foglesong had passed away October 21st, 2011 after battling cancer. I had just seen John at the Cascade event in August and was always impressed with his enthusiasm and “out of the box” thinking when it came to contests. He was a big influence on the hobby scene in Washington State as the spearhead behind the Northwest Hobby Expo these past few years. My belated condolences to his family and friends."

John had a great passion for our hobby and helped out with keeping the pattern scene going in District 8. He had a refreshingly less serious outlook on pattern.
Godspeed and blue skies John. You will be missed in District 8. Sorry to see you go so soon.

Freddy Hagens