Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Prophecy Musings

Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prophecy Musings

Hi guys,

I’m in full-on hoard mode and have recently acquired a second Prophecy to add to my growing list of pattern planes (if anyone knows of a Smaragd kit, I am all ears!) My original thoughts were to use the airplane as a “mule”, if you will, but I have since reconsidered my stance and will convert the airplane to electric. I didn’t see much need in having two YS-powered Prophecies since they are more for nostalgia than anything else at this point. My decision has stemmed from the fact that the airplane is no beauty queen. It is built pretty straight but there are quite a few little quirks about it. My OCD being so bad that I have to rearrange the letters in the disorder <g>, this airplane is the one that will go under the knife to make pretty and as close to perfect as my feeble skills will allow.

That brings me to the reason for this thread. Is there anyone out there that has a copy of the drawings that I presume came with Prophecy kits? My recently-acquired Hydeout kit came with about 20 sheets of drawings, templates and whatnot to make formers and for general aircraft layout. I also have a full-size drawing of the Hydeout that I acquired some time back. While I don’t necessarily need a full-size drawing, if it exists, the letter-sized instructions/drawings/notes would be very handy. To recall, the associated paperwork with my Hydeout was drawn by Ken Blackwell. Does anyone know if he did similar work for the Prophecy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Ryan
Old 02-16-2013, 04:36 PM
Atlanta 60
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Prophecy Musings

Hey Ryan...I should have the Phrophecy info if you haven't found it yet. I will have to dig it up and get copies made but if you wanna PM me your info I will forward it to you when I can...

Have Fun...

Chuck
Old 08-03-2016, 11:06 AM
rotorguy55

I have acquired a Prophecy and have no ducumentation on it. I'm looking for CG specs and wing encedence specs being its adjustable! I'd be happy to pay for any plans, drawings, info, ect. Thanks!! My email is [email protected].
Old 03-12-2019, 02:26 PM
flyonenow
My Feedback: (1)

Anyone out there have instructions, plans or information on the Prophecy?
Thanks,
Paul
Old 02-08-2020, 07:00 PM
l78 nova

Originally Posted by flyonenow View Post
Anyone out there have instructions, plans or information on the Prophecy?
Thanks,
Paul
email [email protected] Prophecy cg 7 inches back from leading edge at root from a flat table raise the tail 3/4 of inches that 0 , set stab is suppose to be at 0 set ele trim also at 0. set wing at 0 also go strait down like that , if go to canopy reduce incedence, if belly encrese it, leave the ele trim like that untill she gooes strait down . after the plane gooes strait down now go fly level an put ele trim . 1 degree down trust ,,3 right trust, have all the speck from John Ferrel the kitter and Dave Guerin more q email me i am not to good with computer.
Old 02-08-2020, 07:13 PM
l78 nova

email [email protected] mail.com cg7inches back from leading edge at root, from flat table raise tail 3/4 inches that 0,, stab should be 0 set ele trim also at 0 wing also at 0 go fly strait down increse incedence if pull to belly reduce if pull to canopy never toutch ele trim untill that done. now go fly level ,trim the ele mine as up trim to fly level , 1 degree down trust and 3 degree right, cg can be change later for feel speck from John Ferrell the kitter and Dave Guerin .