Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

12X Snap Roll Function

Old 12-26-2013, 04:36 AM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 12X Snap Roll Function

Hi Guys,

I have 2 elevator servos. The right elevator is plugged into the elevator port and the left elevator is in the aux2 port.

I have mixed the 2 channels with the aux2 being the slave. This gives DR, expo and trim functions on the slave.

I use the snap roll function activated by a switch. When activated, the slave (aux2) doesn't move. Is there some way to set this up so the slave moves as well as the master?
Am I missing something or is it not possible?

Any help appreciated.

Scott
Old 12-26-2013, 12:03 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, you definitely missed an important programming feature of the 12X. Use the dual/mate in the Wing Type menu. You should never use a program mix to slave another channel to one of the primary control channels (rudder, aileron, elevator or flap). That may be too emphatic but offhand I can’t think of any circumstance where it is better to use a program mix instead of the dual/mate for dual channels.

You will have to inhibit an auxiliary channel before you can mate it. The dual/mate is a simplified program mix that has added attributes. It carries over all the functions of the primary channel to the mated one. Using a program mix of ELE -> AUX2 just includes the master channel’s dual rate, expo, and (should the master be THRO) curve settings over to the slave channel. Adding the + suffix to the master adds the trim to the slave. If you want other master channel attributes to be included, you have to use the dual/mate function.

Allan

Last edited by AWorrest; 12-26-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:15 PM
drac1

Thanks Allan. It took me awhile to sort it out. I had a rudder to elevator mix that was causing throw and direction issues. Once i got everything inhibited (i thought it was) things are now working correctly.

Much appreciated.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:16 PM
AWorrest

Scott,

I apologize if I was rash in assuming you had used a program mix to get dual elevators. The symptoms that were described in the original post sure sounded like it. And it wouldn’t be the first time this has occurred. Good to know you got the programming straightened out.

Allan
Old 12-26-2013, 04:16 PM
AWorrest

Deleted - Double Post

Last edited by AWorrest; 12-26-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 04:53 PM
drac1

I've used the 4 aileron function on my 33% edge which worked great, but this is the first time I've used the mate function.

I will definitely be using it again.

Thanks again.