Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

AMA Show in Ontario, CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 04:59 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default AMA Show in Ontario, CA

I posted the following report on a Jeti forum and stirred up a lot of discussion. I thought I'd try the same thing here.

AMA Show in Ontario, CA

[HR][/HR]I went to the trade show on Saturday and got to see lots of old friends. It was kind of dominated by Quadcopter stuff, but I did take a look at the Weatronic RC system that is now being imported from Germany. It appears to have many features that one would expect in a high end system. I liked the concept of being able to program it from your computer and they have an interesting throttle stick mechanism that would be ideal for proportional braking if one had an ESC that had proportional braking. I also noted they have a receiver with a built-in stabilization system that can be adjusted during flight. The system looks good on paper but I haven't heard of anyone in the US reporting on their experience with it.
JR seems to be developing a lot of new stuff, all kinds of servos, some programmable, some with Hall effect feedback sensors and brushless motors, but none that had it all. They were demonstrating a stabilization system that would accommodate x-buss or s-buss in and out that seemed to work nice on the bench. I believe we will see more and more systems with this capability, hopefully including Jeti. I have heard reports that Mikado is testing a version of their system for fixed wing airplanes.
It is going to be a great year for new technologies which will almost surely make it more fun to fly and that will attract many new modelers.

Jim O
Old 01-12-2015, 07:44 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Jim
I have to say that I was really impressed with the Weatronic BAT system. Very well engineered. Strong RF design and very flexible software architecture. As a die hard Futaba flyer, I hope the boys in Japan take a hard look at this. The built in WiFi connection is very cool. I didn't get a chance to see some of the advanced programming but it looks like their mixing points and curves are very robust. Plus 4096 servo resolution. I really liked the multiple gimbal adjustments and tensioning options as well. Very impressive overall.