Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Ys 200s

Old 07-08-2019, 04:36 AM
  #1  
UKpatternflyer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crewe, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ys 200s

Hi,
Does anyone know what the S relates to in the new YS200S engine?

ys_top

Thanks

Keith
Old 07-08-2019, 04:52 AM
  #2  
arnstein
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Kongsberg, NORWAY
Posts: 66
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Guess it is without the pump, see e.g.:
FZ175S
Old 07-09-2019, 03:38 AM
  #3  
UKpatternflyer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crewe, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The picture on the YS website does show the pump in the normal position...
Old 07-09-2019, 02:23 PM
  #4  
bjr_93tz
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ToowoombaQLD, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 947
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

The manuals for the 110 vs 110s suggest the "s" is 0.5mm less in length and 0.5mm less in height.

Maybe the "s" designation stands for "short"?

Or.... maybe just like in the Superman "Man of steel" movie it's not an "S" at all, it's a symbol that means "Hope", as in Hope it runs without problems....

Last edited by bjr_93tz; 07-09-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:29 PM
  #5  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

At the 2017 Argentina WC, I asked Yamada about future development. He said the fuel system.

Maybe that's it?
Old 07-10-2019, 06:41 PM
  #6  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by bjr_93tz View Post
The manuals for the 110 vs 110s suggest the "s" is 0.5mm less in length and 0.5mm less in height.

Maybe the "s" designation stands for "short"?

Or.... maybe just like in the Superman "Man of steel" movie it's not an "S" at all, it's a symbol that means "Hope", as in Hope it runs without problems....


My 200's are running great. The only problem I had, as you seen, was at the TT in Tin Can Bay where a connector wire broke. Electrical fault

I've been thinking about getting a new engine. But been waiting for the new one. Maybe Yamada will have them in Italy
Old 07-10-2019, 06:45 PM
  #7  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UKpatternflyer View Post
The picture on the YS website does show the pump in the normal position...
Yes Keith, the pump wouldn't be removed. It's way better than a pressurised system.

Are you going to Italy?

Scott
Old 07-11-2019, 08:11 PM
  #8  
bjr_93tz
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ToowoombaQLD, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 947
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by drac1 View Post


My 200's are running great. The only problem I had, as you seen, was at the TT in Tin Can Bay where a connector wire broke. Electrical fault

I've been thinking about getting a new engine. But been waiting for the new one. Maybe Yamada will have them in Italy
The big carbon APC prop knocked some sense into my DZ200cdi and made it usable but to be honest my enthusiasm for F3A did get blunted a lot and I haven't flown it since way back. In fact I haven't flown anything except for maybe a glider all year so far.

State titles are in a few months, so time to mix some fuel I suppose.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:36 PM
  #9  
UKpatternflyer
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Crewe, UNITED KINGDOM
Posts: 162
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by drac1 View Post
Yes Keith, the pump wouldn't be removed. It's way better than a pressurised system.

Are you going to Italy?

Scott
Hi Scott, Not this year sadly though regretting the decision a bit having seen all the new airframes coming out now! That said the Element is going well and the Akiba contra drive is something else... IMHO the best unit out there!

I guess the 200s is just a tweaked version of the 200?
Old 07-11-2019, 10:09 PM
  #10  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by UKpatternflyer View Post
Hi Scott, Not this year sadly though regretting the decision a bit having seen all the new airframes coming out now! That said the Element is going well and the Akiba contra drive is something else... IMHO the best unit out there!

I guess the 200s is just a tweaked version of the 200?
Yeah, I don't think there's any room left in that crank case to go bigger. I'm guessing fuel system?
Old 07-16-2019, 03:01 AM
  #11  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The 200S, will be available at the end of August.
Old 09-04-2019, 05:57 PM
  #12  
MAVROS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hey Scott,

Any news on the YS 200S.......

Rgds
Old 09-04-2019, 06:19 PM
  #13  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MAVROS View Post
Hey Scott,

Any news on the YS 200S.......

Rgds
Hi Con,

I haven't inquired again,but it should be available by now.

As far as I know, the S has a different crank, piston and rotary disc. It has a bit more power, quicker throttle up and smoother transition.

Again, only what I've heard:

Not sure what is different with the crank.

The piston is lighter and a different shape. Being lighter, it may give quicker throttle up and the different shape may give a different combustion burn giving a smoother transition.

The rotary disc has different timing, allowing more air through to the inlet giving more supercharging effect, which would give more power.

Once I get one, I will know for sure

Scott

Last edited by drac1; 09-04-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-04-2019, 06:39 PM
  #14  
MAVROS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Thanks Scott it all sounds very interesting ..........hanging out for a replacement of the 185.
They don't seem to be out yet!

Just a question ...Why don't the YS use 3 blade prop ?

Con
Old 09-04-2019, 06:50 PM
  #15  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MAVROS View Post
Thanks Scott it all sounds very interesting ..........hanging out for a replacement of the 185.
They don't seem to be out yet!

Just a question ...Why don't the YS use 3 blade prop ?

Con
Yeah, still showing coming soon. Won't be too long hopefully.
I don't really know why 3 blades don't get used much. I think finding the correct size at a reasonable weight might be the main issue.
I highly modified a Falcon electric 3 blade, which worked very well.
The biggest problem for me with a 3 blade, is transportation. My plane won't fit in my Ute with a 3 blade on. And I'm not going to take it off everytime I go flying.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:44 PM
  #16  
MAVROS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Hey Scott,

Have you got the YS200S yet.

Mine is arriving next week I think.......

regards

Con
Old 12-01-2019, 03:21 AM
  #17  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MAVROS View Post
Hey Scott,

Have you got the YS200S yet.

Mine is arriving next week I think.......

regards

Con
Hi Con,

I haven't got a S yet.

Scott
Old 12-01-2019, 04:21 AM
  #18  
papaone
 
papaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Salon, FRANCE
Posts: 1,238
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Hello Scott

I think my YS 200 CDI is weakening.
Please just for indication what is rmp of your 200 CDI with which propeller and % nitro ?
Claude
Old 12-01-2019, 04:34 AM
  #19  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by papaone View Post
Hello Scott

I think my YS 200 CDI is weakening.
Please just for indication what is rmp of your 200 CDI with which propeller and % nitro ?
Claude
Hi Claude,

APC 21.5 X 10.5 PNC, 30% nitro.

I have't checked for a while, but I think around 6900 - 7000 rpm.
Old 12-01-2019, 11:46 PM
  #20  
papaone
 
papaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Salon, FRANCE
Posts: 1,238
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Hello Scott

Thank a lot. I will measure rpm to compare.
Claude
Old 12-15-2019, 06:04 PM
  #21  
MAVROS
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NEWCASTLE, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 341
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

YS 200 cdi S arrived today.

The only differences are the Crankshaft and Piston.
Fuel pump and disc valve / timing same as 200 cdi.

regards

Old 12-15-2019, 10:28 PM
  #22  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by MAVROS View Post
YS 200 cdi S arrived today.

The only differences are the Crankshaft and Piston.
Fuel pump and disc valve / timing same as 200 cdi.

regards
Cool
Old 12-15-2019, 10:29 PM
  #23  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by MAVROS View Post
YS 200 cdi S arrived today.

The only differences are the Crankshaft and Piston.
Fuel pump and disc valve / timing same as 200 cdi.

regards
Cool

Old 01-06-2020, 04:52 AM
  #24  
drac1
My Feedback: (4)
 
drac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Romaine, Tasmania, AUSTRALIA
Posts: 1,622
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by papaone View Post
Hello Scott

I think my YS 200 CDI is weakening.
Please just for indication what is rmp of your 200 CDI with which propeller and % nitro ?
Claude
Hey Claude,

I remembered to take my tacho today.
APC 21.5 X 10.5 PNC, 30% nitro - 6500 rpm
Old 01-07-2020, 11:22 AM
  #25  
papaone
 
papaone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Salon, FRANCE
Posts: 1,238
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Hello Scott

Thank you so much.
Mine works with 20,5 x 10 APC under 7000 so I sent it to YS japon to overhaul.
Claude

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.