Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Jim Woodward

Old 04-20-2021, 05:46 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jim Woodward

I heard today that Jim Woodward passed away. Has anyone else heard more about his passing? Jim was a nice guy and a very driven and accomplished F3A pilot. We met back in 2000. Though I had not seen him in years we kept in sporadic touch. Very sad he was still relatively young. RIP Jim!
Old 04-21-2021, 03:56 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
I heard today that Jim Woodward passed away. Has anyone else heard more about his passing? Jim was a nice guy and a very driven and accomplished F3A pilot. We met back in 2000. Though I had not seen him in years we kept in sporadic touch. Very sad he was still relatively young. RIP Jim!
IF Jim has passed, I met him back in the Condor days in Boca in the early 2000's. Extremely nice guy. Took his F3A flying very serious. I haven't seen him though for several years. Best wishes to his family.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:07 AM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Yes, I am sorry to say that Jim Woodward has passed away. He was very active here in Southern California since he relocated a couple years ago. He will really be missed. Such a great guy and super helpful to everyone. We don't have a lot of details on his passing but we are all shocked.
Old 04-22-2021, 04:35 PM
Freddy

Does anyone know what happened to Jim Woodward?
Old 04-23-2021, 02:39 PM
shannah

Hello Everyone, Jim's cousin, John Ingle, sent a couple images along outlining the timing and location of Jim's memorial service in Florida. His service will be Friday May 14th, 2021 at 9am. South Florida National Cemetery. 6501 State Road 7, Lake Worth FL 33449

In the attached images, one image is the memorial service announcement that John created. The other image is for details on hotel booking and special rates for those of you traveling to the service.

Steve

Old 04-23-2021, 02:40 PM
shannah

Here's the hotel info:

Old 04-24-2021, 08:46 AM
Freddy

Thanks I will make all effort to attend his funeral I am in South Florida.
Old 04-24-2021, 05:00 PM
shannah

Hi everyone,
Here’s a message from Jim’s cousin John. They have set up a gofundme link to benefit his kids. Here’s the message
————————-

A gentleman by the name of Joseph Lex who was in Jimmy's fraternity started a GoFundMe page which contributes money to a trust for his two kids. Here's the link please spread the word. Copy and paste below.

Hello

I just donated to Jim Woodward's GoFundMe, https://gofund.me/5d6b3080. Would you be interested in supporting it too?

Even a small donation could help Joseph Lex (fraternity brother of Jim's) reach their fundraising goal. And if you can't make a donation, it would be great if you could share the fundraiser to help spread the word. If the goal is Met please continue to contribute the money is for his children's college trust fund.

Thanks for taking a look!
Old 04-25-2021, 07:25 PM
FUTABA-RC

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

I just heard this sad news today. I only met Jim after he moved back to SOCAL. We flew at the same field and he was a fellow Team Futaba member. Taken too soon and I am sad I did not get the chance to know him better.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:59 AM
apereira

Oh wow, such bad news, great guy Jim RIP
Old 05-14-2021, 02:45 PM
Freddy

Default Memorial Service

I attended the memorial service today as we paid respect to our friend Jim. The service was touching and Jim was laid to rest with military honors for his time served in the Army earlier in his life.

I was able to speak to various of his family members and his wife remembered me from our past RC times together which initially formed our friendship. We had attended parties at each other’s homes Two Florida RC pattern fliers from the past Scott (Jim always called him Iceman) Smith and Kevin Proodian were also in attendance.

Jim was a well liked genuine nice guy. Some of his Embry-Riddle Prescott fraternity brothers were there among the large turnout.

Jim left us way too soon from this planet but is flying high in the heavens!

Old 05-18-2021, 11:47 AM
Freddy

Default SoCal Memorial Event May 21st

https://everloved.com/life-of/james-woodward/funeral /

Last edited by Freddy; 05-18-2021 at 11:53 AM.