Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Since there is no F3A WC in 2021

Old 07-17-2021, 01:45 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Since there is no F3A WC in 2021

Hello everyone!

Since there is no F3A FAI World Championship this year "thanks" to the crazy pandemic which affected all of us in some form of fashion, some of us lost loved ones, and others were personally affected, I look forward to a better future when we can put most of it behind us. I pray for any fellow RC'ers and their families who lost loved ones.

I start this thread to reflect your own good story or picture from the F3A WC(s) you competed in. I had the privilege to be a native of Suriname, South America, and represented my native home twice in the 2003 WC in Demblin, Poland and 2007 WC in Santa Fe, Argentina.
Living in Brazil at the time and also being a Brazilian permanent immigrant resident I later had the opportunity to represent my other "home" Brazil in the 2009 WC in Pombal, Portugal.

An amazing and humbling experience to represent your country and be on the world stage in front of that large panel of judges. I also proudly remember the flag raising opening ceremonies and very fun dinner banquets afterwards in all these exotic places. As far as performance my best one was my first one in 2003 where I placed 79 out of 96, the other two not as good as I was hampered with some equipment issues, and did not do as well. My Genesis from 2009 I bought in Argentina after the 2007 WC. Well made by Marcelo Colombo's team! Now if I were ever near the level of a Chip Hyde, Andrew Jesky, or Uncle JAS, I would represent the US of A! Hahaha not in this lifetime.

I hope you like my attached pics from each WC but nothing beats 2007 Santa Fe if the RCU PC police leaves it alone. Like the good old days when RC Modeler and all the RC magazines showed beautiful airplanes with gorgeous women as the mostly male RC community enjoyed. And I mean in a respectful way.

Cheers!

2007 Santa Fe ARG

2009 Pombal POR

2009 Pombal POR

Last edited by Freddy; 07-17-2021 at 01:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tolvai (07-18-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 10:50 AM
David Bathe

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I say Freddy, they're adorable.
Did you manage to show them your Push Pull Push Humpty Bump?
I bet you did.
​​​​​​​Well done you.
Old 07-31-2021, 04:28 PM
Freddy
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hahaha thanks David! No just a picture. Besides what happens in Argentina stays in Argentina. 🤣🙂😂