Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Building a JR models Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Trailing Edge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building a JR models Diablo

Hi, I'm just starting to build a JR Models Diablo. Anyone got any tips on any vices/common problems I can eliminate at the building stage? I planning on using an OS91FS for the grunt.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Cheers
Old 05-05-2004, 09:18 PM
flyjohn
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: Building a JR models Diablo

Good luck, is it the 2M version? Check the wing tube glue joints, I had one last year (an ARF and wish I had got the ARC) and had a wing failure at wing tube, one wing panel flew off and the U.S. distributor was unwilling to replace it. I had just got it flying great and was using os1.60fx.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Jon Wold

I'd like to see some pix. I'd consider an ARC as well if it's in 90-size!
Old 05-06-2004, 04:05 AM
JYM

Here's a shot of the plane. It was setup with a YS140.

The plane is 2 meter square and I would consider an other engine... , the FS91 might be a bit weak.

Personnly, tell me if I am wrong, I have no informations about a similar 90 size from JR Models. Maybe you want to refer to the "Predator" ? Otherwise, there is the Synergy 90 3D available in ARC

JYM.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40274.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	129643  
Old 05-06-2004, 08:18 AM
Jon Wold

That plane looks really great.

I think there's a 90-version on their website but I haven't figured out wether that's just an ARF or if it's available as ARC as well.
And yeah, a 91FS will not do a 2-metre plane justice.

Do you think it's really made for F3A? The 90-size looks very 3d-ish to me but your plane there looks very F3A capable. Perhaps the smaller version is different. I've looked at their website and I'm referring to the JR18 Diablo Top as it's called.
Old 05-07-2004, 03:49 AM
wvr

Hi,

I agree, a 91FX is not enough for the Diablo-2000, use a 160FX and you will have a great plane.

Use good quality servo's for the elevators, they are large, and even the smalles centering problem will cause the plane to search a bit on the horizontal axis.

I flew the Diablo in both a pattern and 3D setup.

For pattern style with a 17x12APC, and reduced throws by moving the ball-links on the servo arm.
For 3D a 19x8W APC and large throws.

It's a fun and nice plane to fly.

Winfried
Old 02-25-2020, 10:20 AM
DAVEY197

Thumbs up Diablo 2000 JR Models

Originally Posted by Trailing Edge
Hi, I'm just starting to build a JR Models Diablo. Anyone got any tips on any vices/common problems I can eliminate at the building stage? I planning on using an OS91FS for the grunt.

Hi, Are the wings on the Diablo 2000 removable I have just got an ARC version of the aircraft but have no manual only the parts list and small plans for the aircraft and does anyone know where I could download one. I have looked Google but not much cannot find one. Thank's David
Old 02-25-2020, 10:26 AM
DAVEY197

Thumbs up Diablo 2000 JR Models

Originally Posted by Trailing Edge

Hi, Are the wings on the Diablo 2000 removable I have just got an ARC version of the aircraft but have no manual only the parts list and small plans for the aircraft and does anyone know where I could download one. I have looked on Google but not much cannot find one. Thank's David