Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Aeroslave Symphony

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 11:21 PM
Divesplat
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeroslave Symphony

Picked up the Symphony Fuse the other day and thought I would start a thread on this new Pattern Competitor.

FIRSTLY, I am NOT an Aeroslave sponsored pilot. Just want to eliminate that thought up front.

The chin cowl, canopy and fuse fit perfectly, as advertised. All are primed in the mold and feel extremely light(sorry, I don't have scales for weights.) All scribe lines are in place with wing tube and adjuster installation placement scribed in as well. The fuse is designed for a fixed gear platform with a float spot on the underside for placement of fixed gear as part of the design.

The instructions are some 35 pages with paper templates for almost everything imaginable. Lots of good ideas but it is stated very clearly, Lance and Gray are very open to improvements, ideas, or different ways of accomplishing the same task.

I took some picts with the gear. chin cowl, and canopy installed next to my Olympian Medal to indicate the size of this plane as the picts on the Aeroslave website don't even begin to adequately describe the size of this plane. Hopefully, with something to compare it to you will have a better idea. Just remember the Oly Medal has retracts and is setting in the foam block.

I will add some construction picts as time goes by. Should get the wings in the next couple days also.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71639.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	144133  
Old 06-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Divesplat

Default RE: Aeroslave Symphony

Here are a couple more picts. Notice how much wider, taller and simply bigger the Symphony is.

ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60913.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	144139   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77328.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	144140  
Old 06-17-2004, 04:57 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Ed, I've also seen the Symphony fuse, and it's everything you say and more. Aeroslave is doing Quality...keep us posted on your progress, with pics! Sounds like it should be a speedy-build up....
Old 06-17-2004, 07:37 AM
donramsey

My kit fuse weighed 30.7 ozs with chin cowl and canopy. With the strength of the layup I think about 10#12 oz finished RTF. I just finished a Rhapsody that was 29.7 with chin cowl and canopy and the RTF weight was 10# 9oz. The Symphony is large and will weigh a little more. -Don
Old 06-17-2004, 09:30 AM
Gregg G

Is there one actually flying yet?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:07 PM
rickwallace45
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the pictures - I'm REALLY interested in this plane for next season!

I'd love to see the rest of the build / and some flight reports from folks who have experience with it -

Don? Care to share?

Thanks!

Rick Wallace
Old 06-17-2004, 04:34 PM
Divesplat

Hey Don. Good to see you here.

There are not any flying yet. Lance's is coming along quickly. Don't know about Mike Harrison's kit.

Mine will be done is about a month, hopefully. Will add picts etc as the build goes on.

ed
Old 06-25-2004, 01:58 AM
Divesplat

Received the wings, Stabs and Rudder the other day. All straight and true. Wood work is excellent. Opted for the CF tube

Have decided to extend the Vertical Fin and not have a rudder counterbalance. This extension is rough shaped while tack glued. Then the inside partially hollowed out for weight reduction. Then epoxied to the fuse and waiting to be final sanded and joint filled.

Ed
Old 11-17-2015, 09:24 AM
computermonkey
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Opppss I was looking forward to reading about the build and it ended with getting the wings. bummer

I have one and am thinking of finishing it up. Not much to do. Need to repaint the bottom and mount the hardware.