Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Gator RC

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 08:03 PM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gator RC

Has anyone heard how the folks at Gator RC are getting along? Their site talks about a house fire, but don't know how old that is. I had ordered a set of plans for a Typhoon, but never heard anything from them. Will also need cowl and canopy. I wonder if they lost all their stock and if they will continue the buisiness. I wish them well.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:30 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gator RC

I recieved an email reply from Gator on 12/16 in response to an email I sent them on 12/8. I, too, need a canopy and cowl for the Typhoon. They have some canopies in stock, but no cowls and don't know when they'll get more.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:08 PM
ramcfarland
My Feedback: (44)

Me too! I ordered the Typhoon and no response (Gator R/C please contact me so I can give you a CC # and have you send plans for the wood built up version!!). My contacts in the past with them have been very cordial. Does any one have a set of the Typhoon plans I can buy. I recently put a 1/4 scale extra in the air with a 50 gasser but the pattern thing (though I do not compete) turns me on. I was told :"once you fly a gas IMAA ship you will never look back.." and thats right I'm looking FORWARD to a Typhoon or similar.[8D]
Old 12-19-2004, 12:00 AM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Guys I am not sure if you heard about the fire they had, but this may be causing the slow reponse that you are getting.
Old 12-19-2004, 04:15 AM
ramcfarland

So one in fact occurred. A terribly demoralizing situation;wonder if they will post- or can we some how contact with a show of support. hope for the best guys!
Old 12-19-2004, 12:46 PM
Advanfx

Richard
I have a set of Typhoon 2000 plans to sell never used only looked at. I have them rolled in a heavy wall cardboard tube for mailing.
They are $25.00 including shipping to you if interested. No fiberglass parts or canopy.
Scott
Old 12-20-2004, 03:11 PM
bokuda

I was able to contact Gator by phone today and ordered a canopy. Still no cowls.

Dave
Old 12-21-2004, 09:23 AM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Just got this reply from Gator RC.

I am expecting to have the plans this week. The cowls are on order but i cannot get a hold of my manufacturer so the ETA on the cowls are unknown at this time. I am sorry we did not take care of your needs as soon as we should have. I understand your cancellation but if we can be of service in the future, please let me know.

Most Sincerely
Diana Lakin - Gator RC
Old 12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
ramcfarland

ORIGINAL: Xrod

Just got this reply from Gator RC.

I am expecting to have the plans this week. The cowls are on order but i cannot get a hold of my manufacturer so the ETA on the cowls are unknown at this time. I am sorry we did not take care of your needs as soon as we should have. I understand your cancellation but if we can be of service in the future, please let me know.

Most Sincerely
Diana Lakin - Gator RC
They are nice folks as I have said and let us hope they recover from that fire quickly. Now once I put some money in the mail to a friend posting here I will get the canopy,on order from Gator R/C . When I build I build and build "soo's"I can put the canopy in place and admire ..
Old 12-26-2004, 09:15 AM
ramcfarland

Hi Scott,
Irecieved the plans yesterday and I have not even mailed that check so Monmday I will mail you a CERTIFIED check instead. I really appreciate the plans and going to do a "Clear the bench thing,"and look then over today I will probably have McCain Wings do the wing and stabs and in the meantime check my balsa and soft/hardwood stocks.
Thanks!!!
Richard