Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Adjustable Stab

Old 12-20-2004, 01:10 AM
Xrod
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable Stab

The Finesse that I'm building has removable stab with adjusters. There are no wing adjusters. I understand about about adjusting the stab to eleminate elevator trim, but what if you are trying to compensate for aileron trim? Can you accomplish this with stab adjustment, more on one side? Is it common to have both stabilizer and wing adjusters? What are your thoughts on using stab adjusters? Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-23-2004, 11:22 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Adjustable Stab

You will have maximum flexibility with adjusters on both wing and stab, but you also increase the installation and trimming complexity when you do that.

I prefer adjusters on the wing only. The stab is normally fixed in my planes for two reasons: these are smaller and easier to get perfect than wings and a fixed stab installation is much much lighter than adjustable stabs. You can also include that a fixed stab produces a far stronger tail group than adjustable will. There are no negatives in my view.

It does require that you get the stab in right to begin with, and that is the main assumption.

MattK