Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Phoenix Models SeaBee 40.???

Old 02-28-2005, 10:08 PM
UltraSport
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phoenix Models SeaBee 40.???

Hi Guys, I know this aint probably to appropriate for the pattern column but I am wondering if anybody has experience with the SeaBee 40 by phoenix models?? It looks great from pictures but there are no real related articles anybody have an idea of how it performs from aeros to slow speed flight? I'm planning on putting a os 46fx with a tower muffler on it would this be sufficient? Any help will be great from you all.

Thanks Bevan
Old 03-01-2005, 05:00 PM
propstrike
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Phoenix Models SeaBee 40.???

I just test flew two different planes for my buddy last weekend. One of them was the SeaBee. If your planning on using a 46, you will have good power for loops, cubans and so forth. The plane flew well and landed great. It pretty much stops where you do on snaps. It does decent slow rolls.

The other plane I flew for him was the Great Planes Venus. I highly recommend this airplane as an entry level pattern plane. I may even buy one for myself. I have flown other dedicated pattern planes with retracts, but the Venus really slides precisely through the sky. At least for a plane costing under $175 bucks.

Either way, enjoy
Old 03-02-2005, 10:03 AM
UltraSport
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Phoenix Models SeaBee 40.???

I appreciate the help after spending some time looking on the net I had also seen the venus looks great and got a great review on this site. Just at a $70 or $80 dollar difference I'm still swayed toward the SeaBee. When you flew the SeaBee any knife edge capabilities? Anyway I appreciate the pointers once Ive made a decision and got it airborn I'll be sure to put up a post. Regards Bevan