Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Synergy 90 ARF

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 06:21 PM
Rcaerosport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy 90 ARF

Received our Synergy 90 ARF from ZN Line last week, and hopefully, will fly it this sunday. Will be using a YS 91, and it should weigh in at 3.4kg or less!

Comes with Aluminum landing gear, but the bolly CF one isn't any lighter... Also comes with most accessories, though as with any ARF, personal preferences comes into play.

Anyone in Singapore or in the region can come down to have a look, or shoot any questions!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	38049_4997.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	23806  
Old 11-28-2002, 08:12 PM
robert

Default Synergy 90 ARF

WOW, those surfaces are WAAAAAYYYY too big, I'd make them smaller, about one sixth their size, and a YS 91, that is way too big, I'd stick in an MDS 48.

Looks good Derek, will there be a review on RCaerosport?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Are you being serious Robert? How's the Funtana?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:17 PM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

Default Synergy 90 ARF

How much does it cost in US dollars?
Old 11-28-2002, 08:21 PM
robert

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Acroman, check your e-mail soon, thats how it is!!!!
And yeah, the YS is too much, you might even be able to prophang, and we can't have that!!!
JK.....
Old 11-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Default Synergy 90 ARF

lol
Old 11-29-2002, 06:26 AM
3dbatixkid

Default Synergy 90 ARF

yeah, whats the price? Would a Saito 100 overpower it?
Old 11-29-2002, 06:30 AM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

Default Synergy 90 ARF

I think it's rated for up to a .91 4-stroke, the 100 should work great. Hopefully someone will jump in here with a price.

Wade
Old 11-29-2002, 07:42 AM
FilipM

Default Synergy 90 ARF

From ZNLINE website:

Wing span (m) : 1.67 M (65 inches)
Length (m) : 1.68 M (66 inches)
Wing area (dm²) : 51 dm² (790 square inches)
Weight (kg) : 3000-3300 g ( 6.6-7.25lbs)
Engine (cc) : 10/13 2C. 13/15 4C.

Introducing a new design from the workshop of CPLR. The Synergy 90 is designed for 3D flying but is also fully capable in entry level and intermediate/advanced level F3A competition. It is delivered in ARF format, all wood construction with a geniune Oracover finish. It will be available soon. Check back for updates on delivery. You may reserve your copy today with a deposit of Euro250.00. More information will follow as deliveries commence.

503.00 €

So it's appx $500 US..

I would love if somebody could do one like this for $200, we allready know from the GP U-CAN-DO it's possible to make a pretty damn good quality 3D plane of this size and (nearly) light weight and sell it for less than $200US.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:07 AM
robert

Default Synergy 90 ARF

I'd be pretty sure that the quality of the ZN plane, would be waaaaaayyyyy better than that of the UCD.
Old 11-29-2002, 08:29 AM
FilipM

Default Synergy 90 ARF

I'm sure of that too robert and those that demand ZNLINE quality and Cristophe's design will gladly pay $500. I would too if I had more money and if I had even more money then that I'd just go buy a PL Excellence or a ZN's Majestic.

But alas I dont so I would like somebody like GP, who have demonstrated what's possible in a $200 ARF, to make available to us a similar class model at about that price.

Besides I just said the U-CAN-DO was of "pretty damn good quality" for its large size, good features and low price, it wasn't meant to be in comparsion to a low volume, high end model costing more than two and half times as much.

Filip
Old 11-29-2002, 01:10 PM
Rcaerosport

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Well, I do agree the price is quite steep, and hopefully, ZN may release a cheaper ARC version of the kit. Design, quality, and workmanship contributes to most of the $$$. The fact that a production model can turn up around 3.4kg, is pretty impressive. I will weigh mine when its done to confirm though.

I don't think the Saito 100 will be overpowering, and it should do just fine, since it is meant for the YS91. In fact, the YS110 should work with it too.
Old 11-29-2002, 07:35 PM
FilipM

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Derek do you know when the YS110 will be available?
Old 11-29-2002, 07:59 PM
Rcaerosport

Default Synergy 90 ARF

No idea on the YS110...
Old 11-29-2002, 09:20 PM
Braeckman

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Hallo

being involved into the manufacturing of the ARF ZN LINE kits, I can tell you that we just finished 5 SYNERGY 90 3 D and two of them flying last week.

I can confirm that the weight of the plane is between 3.05 and 3.45 Kilo (the first one being equipped with an OS 91 FX - the second one with a YS 91 FZ) -

I did also see the new YS 110 yesterday - Has on the first sight the same dimensions (and the air chamber) of the 91,

If anybody wants first hand information about Madness or Synergy 90 3 D - just contact me on direct, I will try to give the most objective information about these kits.

By the way, there will be an ARC version of the plane but the price difference between the ARF version and the ARC one will almost be the value of the film.

And please stop comparing chinese stuff to european made products - you compare apples with pears.

rgds - Alvin
Old 11-30-2002, 12:31 AM
FilipM

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Where do you get the idea I am comparing them Alvin? I just want an affordable AA .90 size plane, and I think the mainstream ARF manufacturers could produce that for around $200 like they made an affordable good quality .90 size modern style funfly in the UCD.

BTW Alvin have you weighed the YS110 with muffler? We have heard rumors it's lighter than the 90 but somebody said the 110s reported lighter weight was in error because it was weighed without the muffler.

Filip
Old 11-30-2002, 09:36 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Synergy 90 ARF

We are expecting a batch in no later than next week. JP saved one for me and one for himself. He has a prototype 110 for himself and I shall use a 91 (unless I can sweet talk somebody out of their 110). Regardless, it's an easy switch and I believe the 110 will hit the open market sooner than expected.

This airplane has been in the works for quite a while. It should be one of the finest ARF models available anywhere.

One more word on the price thing. ZN ARFs are not mass produced. They are manufactured in small batches. They offer perfect parts fit. Take a good look at the ARFs made in China. You will notice that, although the parts fit is fairly good, the glue fills many gaps and often the formers are a little crooked, relying on the jigging to build the airplane straight. ZN ARFs are meticulously assembled with professional attention to details, as pretty on the inside as they are on the outside. Oh, compare this airplane side by side with the Kyosho G-Trick for an eye opener.

Mark Novack
Old 11-30-2002, 10:58 AM
Braeckman

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Filip

there is no way to produce a Synergy 90 3 D for 200 $ - to give you an example of the sophistication of this kit : the fuselage sides are made of a quarter grain balsa sandwich - the top, the bottom and the entire wings are made in an herex sandwich (a highly modern product used in the building of competition sailplanes).
This makes everything very stiff for precision aerobatics.

The kit included everything to complete it (except engine, radio and spinner). All parts of of extremely high quality.

As stated already in a previous posting, the parts fit 100% together. All are CNC routed and there is no gap that has to be filled with glue.

When you talk pricing on european websites, please do not forget that all these quotations include at least 20% of taxes (16% in our case and even more than 21% in case of the ZNLINE website)

I do understand that not everyone wants to pay the price of a ZN LINE kit, but if you ever have the chance to hold one of this ARF kits in your hands, you will agree with me that the quality is second to none . And we even do not talk about the flight quality !!

Alvin
Old 12-01-2002, 12:24 AM
FilipM

Default Synergy 90 ARF

So you are saying this plane would cost around $400 in the USA? Thats allready much much better.

I have no doubts that this is an outstanding model and well worth it's price and that it would blow away any mass produced ARF. And I certainly think this model is vastly better value and quality than the overpriced poorly built $550 G-Trick - I have heard the horror stories about G-Trick Mark, and would never buy that plane now that the Synergy is out.

However I would still love a .90 size $200 plane of this artistic aerobatic class built to the perfectly reasonable good quality level of recent mainstream ARFs like the GP UCD and the GP Venus. I am not a competition pilot so I would be happy with less than the latest state of the art building methods.

BTW Mark and Alvin I would love even more to examine the quality of your Synergy model first hand if you would be willing to send me one.

Filip
Old 12-01-2002, 01:20 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts
Default Synergy 90 ARF

Who in the US will be getting these?
Old 12-01-2002, 02:09 AM
swill
My Feedback: (17)

Default Synergy 90 ARF

I have the G-Trick - and from what I read (and for what I paid for the G-Trick) I want a SYNERGY NOW! Will Central Hobbies carry these and will there be a wait time as like they have for the Madness. I bet it's worth the wait!
Old 12-01-2002, 08:56 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It shoud be Central Hobbies

I am sure Central will be importing them but the production runs are small and it may be a while before they get them in.

Filip, although the European prices include tax, the cost in the USA will not be any less. Two factors arise. Shipping costs and customs import tax. This will cause the price to be equal to or a little bit more than the European price.

For those who can't wait and do not mind paying their own shipping and dealing with customs, perhaps a direct order from either ZNLine or Mr. Braeckman of Germany would be the quickest way to get one.

Mark
Old 12-01-2002, 11:46 AM
Braeckman

Default Synergy 90 ARF

Mark is right - the 400 $ price ex taxes is the price in ex-Europe.

I just understood that the first container containing SYNERGY 90 3 D for Central Hobbies will leave next week !!!

Alvin
Old 12-04-2002, 03:24 AM
hobdean
My Feedback: (11)

Default Re: Synergy 90 ARF

Originally posted by Rcaerosport
Received our Synergy 90 ARF from ZN Line last week, and hopefully, will fly it this sunday. Will be using a YS 91, and it should weigh in at 3.4kg or less!

Comes with Aluminum landing gear, but the bolly CF one isn't any lighter... Also comes with most accessories, though as with any ARF, personal preferences comes into play.

Anyone in Singapore or in the region can come down to have a look, or shoot any questions!
You have any pics of the horizontal stab? Is the stab counter balance and will an os 91 fs work in this plane

Will take any more pics if you have them
my email is [email protected]
thanks
let us know how it flies
Old 12-04-2002, 10:19 AM
artistic-aero

Default Synergy 90 ARF

I was wondering about the set up of the Two stroke version... did you use a flat plate reflector pipe to smooth the powerband... and what about the fitting of the manifold in the cowl. More importantly... did you get a 3D plane at the end of it? The 91FX would seem a sensible economic choice but it hasn't seemed to catch on... any thoughts why, apart from the usual YS snobbery? Was the 91 version a touch over 3kg? Thats impressive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.