Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

European Championships

Old 09-05-2006, 04:48 AM
az

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: European Championships

I will make new thread about SPARK soon and there will be all informations about it.

Be patient

Ales
Old 09-05-2006, 04:49 AM
riot3d

ORIGINAL: Neo02

ORIGINAL: riot3d
Can someone confirm whether that was Hanno Prettner on some of those pictires doing demos?
Adrian
I was there on Saturday, but can't confirm. I know some of the pilots that flew during show, so maybe if you could point to the picture(s) I might help.

Regards,
-Fabrizio

There's a few more pictures of him on both photo albums under Day 7 finals:-

http://www.em06.ch/pictures/album/Da.../IMG_1296.html

Thanks,

Adrian
Old 09-05-2006, 04:55 AM
fonzie72

I will be patient...... Thanks ciao Alfo.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:30 AM
Soufflé

Can someone confirm whether that was Hanno Prettner on some of those pictires doing demos?
Adrian
I was there on Saturday, but can't confirm. I know some of the pilots that flew during show, so maybe if you could point to the picture(s) I might help.

Regards,
-Fabrizio

There's a few more pictures of him on both photo albums under Day 7 finals:-

http://www.em06.ch/pictures/album/Da.../IMG_1296.html

Thanks,

Adrian

That man is Ueli Nyfenegger by TUN Modellbau, not Hanno Prettner, and as far as I know he mainly flys gliders.

Cesare
Old 09-05-2006, 06:36 AM
Soufflé

ORIGINAL: bla bla

A great result.
The champagne corks will be flying at the YS engines. Again!
And TSComp' are goimg to have to hire extra to man the sales lines.
Good stuff all round.
I just hope that somebody caught these two on film, soon to be published in these very forums.

Rather difficult, I guess. CPLR was flying his old trusted models (not TS Comp).
The only TS examples I've seen had a glamorous appearance from a distance, but also a disappointing inclination to come out overweight.
I guess they are on a diet, right now...

Cesare
Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 AM
papaone

Received 129 Likes on 72 Posts

Hello
Oxalys of CPRL has fuselage made by Flying Star which became TS Composite.
Only wing is different because familly PLR are fond of their own building foam covered with paper (named Kraft in France).
Some friends havent TS Composite kits and weighed the differents parts. Only wing (about 1100 g finished and equiped with servo) is heavier than a classic wing made of foam and balsa (about 950 to 1000 g).

Why CPLR used his own wing ?
Just because weight of wing totaly equiped and painted is about 720 g (very light).
Claude
Old 09-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Neo02

ORIGINAL: Souffl�
That man is Ueli Nyfenegger by TUN Modellbau, not Hanno Prettner, and as far as I know he mainly flys gliders.
Cesare
That's correct Cesare. His website: www.tun.ch .

Regards,
-Fabrizio
Old 09-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Kimmo Kaukoranta

The champagne corks will be flying at the YS engines. Again!
I would think the guys at Hacker will have something to celebrate as well, actually I believe they were celebrating with the Matt's at the banquet! First time the electrics outnumbered IC planes in an F3A continential championships and Hacker is clearly dominating the electric F3A market. 2 hackers on top 3 positions, 3 in top 5. Rainer Hacker was there, as well as some battery guys and a whole bunch of Plettenberg people. Did not see anyone from OS or YS, maybe they are all getting ready for the CAOCC...

The weather conditions in this competition were very calm all the time and I feel this favored very slow flying style and thus the electrics. The current electrics may have some disadvantages in rougher wind conditions, but I would say thay in calm it can clearly be an advantage. The electrics were not really put to the test of wind in this competition so cannot really comment on that.

That said, I'm also still flying the 2 stroke OS140. However I'm starting to see an electric in my future, it's only a matter of when.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:37 PM
rgreen24
My Feedback: (6)

Did Stephan figure out what happened to his planes?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:36 AM
mimile

Hello has all

I am just new here and I written not very well English thank you to apologize for that.

Félicitation has the team of France and regret has MR STÉPHANE CARRIER of resources to break it is two OXALYS on technical problem.

I was has LUZERNE in the championship of Europe and I heard what during the training in FRANCE HAD STÉPHANE CARRIER a problem also with these INTEGRAL new two whom one to break steals there on problem of flutter that these it to spend exactly?

I am to interest by this airplane because I find it very beautiful.

I that would like to know also this the receivers was in INTEGRAL was the one that was in the OXALYS of the championship of Europe which had a problem.

When and or I can have information on the behavior of steal of INTEGRAL to decide has to order him because in France it is very difficult of resources of information has this subject.

Thank you for soon an answer

I am one of the organizers of this championship

Mimile Swiss pilot
Old 09-07-2006, 04:46 AM
mimile

Thank you for your remarks
Old 09-07-2006, 06:40 AM
f3a05

Does the above translate as:
M Carrier had two Integrals break up with flutter, before the Comp, in training in France?
(If so, which Manufacture were they, ZN ,or Comp-Arf ?)
Did M .carrier then fly two Oxalys at the Comp.?, with a receiver from the late Integral?
Old 09-07-2006, 07:18 AM
ram_z

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

As much as I know Stefan didn't use the same receiver.
He had only one Integral that crashed in France.

Both Oxalys that was crashed were used with different transmitter, receiver and RX battery.

The only thing that was the same is the frequency.

When I spoke with him at the banquet he said that the only thing he can think of is "sabotage".

I hop he is wrong because if not it is a catastrophe!!!

Ram
Old 09-07-2006, 12:09 PM
Angus Balfour

I heard from one of the officials that he was using a different frequency to the one he used in the first semis crash. What the official said was that everything was changed, apart from the tx module. He also said there was no indication from the frequency scanner of someone shooting him down.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Neo02

ORIGINAL: ram_z
When I spoke with him at the banquet he said that the only thing he can think of is "sabotage"
"Sabotage" is a big word, I hope he has the proof to back that up. I did not witness the crashes, but from what I could gather on-site on saturday and in the last couple of days on several forums, the guy with the frequency scanner was monitoring his freequency on both flights and did not notice anything strange before, during and after the flight. Bad Tx module?

Regards,
-Fabrizio
Old 09-07-2006, 01:35 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

This is what I've been told about Stephane's mishaps, or at least 2.

The Integral and at least one Oxalys crashed cause of aileron flutter... read as servo failing. This is according to JP Zardini at ZN Line.

And the Comp-ARF Integral isn't even molded yet.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:21 AM
macleote

ORIGINAL: ram_z
When I spoke with him at the banquet he said that the only thing he can think of is "sabotage"
"Sabotage" is a big word, I hope he has the proof to back that up. I did not witness the crashes, but from what I could gather on-site on saturday and in the last couple of days on several forums, the guy with the frequency scanner was monitoring his freequency on both flights and did not notice anything strange before, during and after the flight. Bad Tx module?

Regards,
-Fabrizio

You don't need a big interference to get the plane in fail safe... that's why i never use it...
Old 09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
PeterP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't need a big interference to get the plane in fail safe... that's why i never use it...
What are you saying my friend. I hope someone deletes your post because that is a silly statement to make. Failsafe is there to protect people not model aeroplanes. Just ask those 2 unfortunate spectators who were killed at a Hungarian model aero show.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:23 AM
f3a05

What are you saying my friend. I hope someone deletes your post because that is a silly statement to make. Failsafe is there to protect people not model aeroplanes. Just ask those 2 unfortunate spectators who were killed at a Hungarian model aero show.
Agreed.
But(and it's all been said before,so sorry)

Failsafe set properly is there to protect people not model aeroplanes----the throttle must be set to go to idle or cut,not hold-----there has been at least one fatal accident where failsafe with throttle set to hold last good signal resulted in a full throttle collision with a 12 year old(from memory) child.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:32 AM
papaone

Hello Jas
I saw the two incidents (not those of CE) which became in field of my club in France.
In French championship, the aileron of the Oxalys went away just before landing. There was no crash.
This plane has been repaired by a friend of mine. Aileron was glue again and the wing at the other side has repaired because there was a failure at the angle of the aileron/wing. This Oxalys crashed in Europeen championship.

I saw the rupture in the first flight of Integral's wing. We were 3 at the field nobody other. Just Pierre, Steph and me. Flight lasted 1 mn and engine at mid range, no snap, just two knife edge and one slow roll.
Aileron went away just before the rupture.
Steph did a landing on knife edge like Bill Hempel (everybody saw his incredible video !).
So there was no crash and the plane is easy to repair.

Regards
Old 09-08-2006, 02:26 PM
Angus Balfour

I was going to buy an Integral as well. Not so sure now
Old 09-08-2006, 04:16 PM
papaone

Hello Angus
Steph changed everything except frequency. He has 2 transmitters with frequencies synthese.
Regards
Old 09-09-2006, 02:55 AM
papaone

Hello Angus
This is not a problem of the plane. My assumption is : break servo gear (servo gear was broken when we found the broken wing), flutter of aileron (before break I heard a loud noise), aileron went away (I examinated each hinges, there were bad sticked), rupture of wing.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Bob Hartwig

The question I was asking was answered on a previous post.
I must be patient about the information on the "SPARK".
Old 09-12-2006, 01:45 PM
f3a05

On behalf of a friend who does not have Internet access:
Can anyone tell me what models were flying with 2-stroke engines?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.