Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Phoenix Az. in February

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:14 PM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix Az. in February

A note for anyone coming to this contest with the intentions of camping at the field.

As of this morning. The county flood control district, which owns the property that we located at, has banned all overnight camping at the field. We are working to find a camping area that will be close to the field.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 PM
bwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really looking forward to this event and hope we can get a good turnout. No other opportunity other than NATS to fly with the top pilots in the nation (aside from Todd, of course ).
Old 01-09-2007, 10:07 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm considering going Jarvis.
But I may go to Lancaster instead.

Not sure...

Chris
Old 01-09-2007, 10:47 PM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jarvis,

Sorry I can't go. Just too much going on. Contact me if you need me to have Mr. Wickizer deliver a Pentathlon kit.

Best Regards,
Mark
Old 01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
maustin
My Feedback: (7)

Mark,
Sorry to hear you can't make it. I was hoping to see that Penthalon fly.

Mike
Old 01-10-2007, 01:06 AM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Mark
That sound like a good ideal, I'm just trying to get everthing for my IMAC plane.
My wallet is just so deep, an my wife is looking at the Extra 300, an she is saying when will
it get finished. But Honey I need a gas engine $$$$$$
Old 01-10-2007, 02:50 AM
OUHOZER

Thank's Troy and Todd for Your reply's,
Hoss.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:06 AM
patternflyer1

Is anyone going from Norcal????

May go if I got a partner to ride and share expenses with..

Chris..
Old 01-21-2007, 11:05 AM
mwick

Any others from D6??

Is there any hotel info available??
Old 01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Derek.Koopowitz

ORIGINAL: mwick

Any others from D6??

Is there any hotel info available??
Mike,

Click on the club website link for MAPS - you'll see a link on the map site for hotels in the area (there are a bunch).

http://www.sunvalleyfliers.com/
Old 01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
TeamVertical
My Feedback: (9)

Here is a link for nearby Hotels the Heli Fly In guys put together for there event. Should help out a little.

http://armsaz.com/phoenixfunfly/hotel.htm

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
mwick

Derek & Dave,

Thanks
Old 01-28-2007, 04:20 PM
BERUSTY
My Feedback: (3)

Phoenix update:

I continue to discuss specifics with pilots very seriously attempting to come earlier in the week to practice and fly in Rusty's contest. I am scheduled to leave Wisconsin on Thursday, February 15 arriving in Omaha in the evening to pick up Masters pilot Claude Weimer and his Eclipse. We will be transporting at least (2) airplanes for Advanced pilots Rom Williams and Robert Green who will be flying out Wednesday. (Yes, these guys have it pretty rough!)

Claude and I expect to arrive in Phoenix sometime Sunday afternoon. Bill Cunningham has threatened to arrive early as well (Sunday the 18th) with his (2) gorgeous Naruke Astral XX (yes, the really cool ones)? Wickizers should be there wednesday as well...Dave Guerin, Tom Miller, many others...

An informal evening get together will be put together for Friday or Saturday evening. The flying field does have a GATE and LOCK!!! Yes, I have the combination, my cell number is (414) 403-2930.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Performance
(800) 876-7741
Old 01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Chris Moon
My Feedback: (8)

Rusty has been very generous and offered to transport my electric Zeque to Phoenix. I doubt it will fly before then, so It may have it's maiden flight out there early in the week. That is of course ****IF*** my work schedule works out.
Thanks Rusty!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91552.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	609902  
Old 02-01-2007, 08:47 PM
BERUSTY

Phoenix event attendees,

I wish to be as helpful as possible for those attending the Phoenix practice session and contest.

If you are attending and have made hotel/motel reservations, please share your location and contact information with me so I can keep you aprised of any special or interesting activities.

If you are planning to attend but need a hotel/motel reservation, ride from the airport, are willing to share your van or car, willining to pick up anyone at the airport, please share your contact information and I will do my best to be of assistance.

As previously stated, a number of airplanes will be available for qualified pilots to experience based on your skills, flying mode II and our combined efforts at keeping everything working. I am very interested in getting specific feed-back on the Piedmont Focus II ARF and Oxai Beryll which will be featured in a future article for FLY RC Magazine.

Finally, Futaba will be providing a number of goodies for your enjoyment as well!

I may be contacted via the RCU private e-mail, this forum, my office toll free (800) 876-7741 or my cell phone (414) 403-2930.

The attached photo shows one of the clinics hosted by Dave Guerin and myself in Wisconsin last year...currently covered by 2 feet of snow!

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Performance

Name:	Ge96208.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	611772  
Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM
BERUSTY

Phoenix Event

Confirmed attendees and expected date of arrival:

Rusty Dose All week beginning Sunday 2/18 (Focus II, Beryll, Scandalous, Zeque, F3A) Wisconsin
Claude Weimer All week (nice enough to put up with Rusty's driving, Eclipse, Masters) Nebraska
Rusty Fried In and out all week (host of contest Beryll, Genesis, Masters) Phoenix
Troy Newman All week (Oxai-Astral XX and Adventure Biplane, F3A) Phoenix
Bill Cunningham All week (Naruke Astral XX x 2, F3A) Oklahoma
Dave Guerin All week beginning Monday afternoon (expert coach, trimming, judge) North Carolina
Mike Wickizer Wednesday pm on (Dad, pit crew, transportation and funding, Beryll) Texas
Brett Wickizer Wednesday pm on(fortunate son and Beryll pilot F3A) Texas
Robert Green Wednesday pm (I hope the Integral on the build thread, Advanced) Nebraska
Ron Williams Wednesday pm (Eclipse, Advanced) Nebraska
Todd Blose Friday (Scandalous, F3A) Texas
Chip Hyde Friday (Scandalous, Genesis, if you do not know...) Sierra Vista

Strong rumors:

Tom Miller ? (Don Lowe Masters Chief judge) North Carolina
Dale Arnold ? (Focus II, Masters) North Carolina
Arch Stafford ? (Black Magic, F3A) Texas
Derek Koopowitz Weekend of the contest (NSRCA President, F3A) California

Plus the many local NSRCA District 7 pilots that I assume will attend.

No, I have no idea where people are staying. No, there is no specific schedule during the week. Yes, I would like to have at least one scheduled evening get together. Yes, the field is locked and I have the combination (414) 403-2930 cell. Yes, Friday, the field will be VERY busy.

I will be in Champaign, IL on Friday 2/8 for the Futaba Indoor Extravaganza to inspire Andrew Jesky and Sean McMurtry (I can probably bring their models...).

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Performance

Old 02-07-2007, 12:46 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

Not a rumor for me - definitely will be there late Friday and for the entire weekend and then will be in Phoenix on Monday and Tuesday the following week (for work).

I do not plan to fly as I won't have a plane... I should bring my golf clubs instead because I'll be in Palm Springs the following weekend for 4 days for golf. [8D]
Old 02-07-2007, 10:11 PM
BERUSTY

Phoenix event

DETAILS...

There will be a BBQ held on Saturday evening at the field beginning at 5:30. The BBQ is from one of the local spots one would select if they were to go it alone and will include the normal fix'ins, water and soda. Rusty Fried tells me that $5 of the contest fee will go towards the BBQ so pilots will pay about $11 and none contest participants will pay $16.

There will be enough generators for the electron driven models and enough HP to drive evening lights...Dave Lockhart, you should have planned to come with your "Night Fly Extreme" (my adhoc name for his very special, pattern contest, night flyer). I am sure a 3D style, wow isn't that a little too close to the... ooops... type flying... will be encouraged.

Please remember that we are GUESTS and the field will not be shut down or delayed by any of the pre-contest activities during the week.

Demo airplane note: Last night, while completing a pre-trip inspection, I discovered that my Scandalous stabilizer anti-rotation pin support plates have broken loose requiring repair. Under normal circumstances, I would have plenty of time to repair. (I am very slow in the best of circumstances in selecting my repair method.) The YS DZ 1.60 powered biplane presents differently (loves the horsepower) from the electric version and believe mine is the only glow version in the US. I will do my best to make the repairs so everyone can see or fly it. You are warned...once you see it...you will want to get one for yourself which at $2500, is an excellent value considering the design, the quality, the included extras and the CHP/CA Models finish. No, not a shameless plug, a very cool toy airplane!

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Performance

Name:	Jh14599.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	616160  
Old 02-08-2007, 12:32 AM
jarvis johnson
My Feedback: (15)

Phoenix Event

I will be there around noon on Friday, for the weekend contest
( U-RC Evolution OS160, MK Top Star 140RX, in Advanced)
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 PM
BERUSTY

Phoenix event

I have just returned from the a very nice day in Champaign, IL at the Great Plains E-Fest set-up day. As promised, one of the reasons to attend was to once again (if nothing else I am persistent) personally ask Mr. Andrew Jesky and Mr. Sean McMurtry to attend our little get together in Phoenix. Their schedules will more than likely not allow them to attend. Additionally, Mr. Miller, will not be able to attend due to an unexpected conflict with his career.

YOUR attendance is encouraged and believe it will be an excellent use of your time, energy and resources.

Rusty Dose
Team Fuataba
Team YS Performance
Old 02-10-2007, 04:00 AM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

I will show up to meet everyone and watch an event. My skills are nowhere near ready for competition. I really want to see what "flying in the box" is like. Hopefully I will be ready to compete in sportsman late this year.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:29 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Rusty,

I had serious hopes of being able to make the trip out from Del Rio, but my work schedule is going to prevent this from happening. I wouldnt be able to leave til late on Friday and would have to leave by early afternoon on Sunday, and just can't justify making the trip for basically one day. I would love to be out there, but unfortunately I'm not going ot be able to make it this year,

Arch Stafford
Old 02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
BERUSTY

Arch,

Thank you for your efforts! What will you be flying this season? Are you going to fly Masters at the NATS to claim the title you let "slip" away...(terrible humor). Arch was winning the NATS, winning the finals and the last (2) flights in wet and rainy conditions, his exhaust system slipped.

One of my favorite 2006 NATS moments of sportsmanship involved Arch, Mike Harrison and an Intermediate or Advanced pilot with motor troubles. I called Arch about 9:30 the evening of day one regarding a questionable O.S. 1.60 bearing of a comnpetitor who traveled all the way from the eastern Carolinas to attend the NATS. Arch (Masters afternoon flying) and Mike (F3A morning flying) arranged to meet the pilot at the F3A line the next morning where Arch wrenched on an engine with parts supplied by Mike between flights. Special guys (yes Team Futaba) who lead by example and selfless effort.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Performance
Old 02-10-2007, 12:28 PM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Arch won't be having equipment issues this year I already told him I'm impounding his planes for inspection right before the contest. LOL

I'll let him answer what he's flying......hehe.

On the topic of this thread, just got off the phone with Rusty Fried, I doubt I'll be able to make it. if I do, I'll just be flying in for a day or 2 and won't have a plane. of course that could still change, it just looks really busy right now. I trust you'll take lots and lots of pics?

Go get em guys! And if I don't see you in Pheonix, I'll see you at the Nats!

-Mike
Old 02-11-2007, 10:23 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Rusty,

Yes I will be back in Masters for exactly that reason. As for what I'm flying...I'm going to be flying, I'm working with Mike Hester on some stuff, and I'll be flying two of his new designs with YS power. I'll let Mike elaborate when he's ready...although not much of a secret anymore I think....The guys in D6 will get to see them early in the year.

Also, I have to add on the motor issues...it was Blair Page from NC..a great guy with an OS 1.40. Special thanks goes to Mike Hester, I recruited his help for some of the labor as well. One thing about the pattern community. Not many places will you find someone you are flying against as willing to step up and help you get your equipment fixed.

In the masters finals, when I had my issue, almost everyone of the other guys in the Masters finals, helped with trying to secure my pipe for the last round. One of the great reasons I love this sport,

Really wish I could make Phoenix,

Arch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.