Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

CG on a Focus II

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 PM
kjpsen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CG on a Focus II

Hi
Can someone tell me where the correct CG, on a Focus II are, i have missed the manual.

Regards
Kjeld
Old 04-10-2007, 03:24 PM
IShootSharpStix
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: CG on a Focus II

I believe it is at the leading edge of the wing tube to 1/4" forward of the leading edge of the wing tube. I currently have mine at the forward position.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
BERUSTY
My Feedback: (3)

CG on Focus II

The correct CG should be 1/4" in front of the front edge of the wing tube. The airplane does not benefit from a rear CG. The incidence set-up is as follows:

Place the fuselage on a flat work surface. Block up the tail post 1". The wing should have about 1/4 degree positve incidence and the stab should have 1/4 degree negative as a starting point.

Rusty Dose
Team Futaba
Team YS Sales and Service
Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rusty and Stix have it right. 1/4" in front of the wing tube. Great flying plane there. Locks in great. I picked up Rusty's Focus in Phoenix and it was new when it showed up there...5 days later I won Masters with it. Plane tracks very well there,

Arch Stafford
Old 08-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Robbidos
My Feedback: (20)

Mine just checked out right there. Weight ended up 4414g (9lb - 12oz). The light weight is most likely due to not using the fiberglass pipe tunnel and no wheel pants (can't fit it in my car with wheel pants). Should have it in the air next weekend.