Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

Old 06-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Colani

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplan[link=http://www.oxai-rc.com/main/detail.aspx?ID=35]Euphoria GP biplane[/link]e

Old 06-28-2007, 09:33 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Quique-OXAI announce Euphoria GP biplane

No replies yet? I think it looks awesome. I'm wondering how many biplanes will be at the world's???
Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Adamg-RCU

shannah, indeed. A more immediate question, though, is: Will QS fly his bipe in Argentina?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:33 AM
Gringo Flyer
My Feedback: (18)

ORIGINAL: shannah

No replies yet? I think it looks awesome. I'm wondering how many biplanes will be at the world's???
I'll be there

If you want I'll count them for you!

Old 06-29-2007, 08:58 AM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

I believe QQ designed this plane for the worlds this year..that was his goal, so I would be surprised if he didnt fly it at the worlds,

Arch
Old 06-29-2007, 10:09 AM
mwick

I went to the Oxai website which has 37 pictures in all. I noted a couple interesting items. Pull Pull on the elevator, header tank even though using a 170 DZ, and a short carbon fiber pipe that I haven't seen before. The pipe may even be a cut down ES and then spliced back together and riveted.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:35 AM
papaone

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi mwick

It is a ASANO carbon mini muffler sold by ASANO.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78218.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	713535  
Old 06-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Mike,

As far as I know Quique has always used a header tank with the DZ's, at least when I flew with him when he still lived in North Carolina he did. The pull pull on the elevator is likely to combat a weight/CG issue. I know he used the pull-pull elevators on the 3D PLProd Excellences he flew in the early 2000's.

It's a cool airplane, but the jury is still out for me whether or not I like it. It hasn't been a love at first sight thing like all of his other designs have been for me, I really can't wait to see it fly. I also am greatly anticipating seeing that Asano carbon short pipe in action. I've always run Asano pipes, and my next airplane I have decided to use the short pipe setup and would like to see how that pipe turns out.

I can't wait to see you and Brett again at the Nats. I hope you all have been doing well and good luck this year!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 PM
rcpattern

Mike,

I've been running a header tank on the VF3...Hester had it in there and I tried it..I will NEVER run a DZ again without it..I never dreamed it would make that big of a difference. I took the motor I was flying straight out of the plane and dropped it in this one..never touched the needles or pump, and with the header tank it instantly runs and idles a little bit smoother, maybe its easier for the fuel to get there, I dont know, but it is noticeable. I thought then, maybe its a different airflow thing, so I bypassed the header tank, and idle was still really good, but a little rougher, and not quite as smooth through the entire range.

Arch
Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 PM
eabmex

I have heard a lot about the header tank for the DZ, but have actually never seen the installation, could anybody using it post some pictures or diagrams for me?

Regarding the bipe it looks great, I have never flown a biplane in pattern but as far as if you can achieve the weight with it it should work very well, before the powerplants did not have enough pull for all that drag, but it seems it is not an issue anymore.
Lets see how does it fly and equally important how the judges like the presentation.

Mundo
Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
mwick

Cool; an old dog can learn new tricks....now I have to go out and invest in a header tank. Bet I have to save for a while to get the short Asano pipe
Old 06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
LCHelilover
My Feedback: (15)

I guess you can use it, but that Hacker won't benefit much from either the heador or the pipe<G>!

George
Old 06-29-2007, 04:57 PM
rcpattern

Very simple installation on the header tank, one line goes to the motor (fueler, whatever you have) and the vent line of the header tank goes into the clunk line of the main tank. The vacuum created as the motor sucks the fuel pulls the fuel out of the main tank keeping the header tank full. So, it goes like this

Header tank
clunk line - motor
vent line - clunk line of main tank

Main tank
clunk line - vent line of header tank
vent line - outside atmosphere

Very simple installation and I wouldnt have believe how much difference it would make til I ran it myself,

Hope this helps,

Arch
Old 06-29-2007, 05:21 PM
eabmex

Thank you Arch,
Just three more questions, is the location of the header tank important? I saw on the Euphoria pictures that it is mounted piggyback on the main tank. I think it might make sense to have it closer to the engine.
The second one is regarding the fill up procedure, I guess you should make sure that the header tank is completely full with out any air in it.
And lastly recommended size for the header tank
Thank you

Mundo
Old 07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Patterndude1

Anyone who has this experience with it. How well does it fly with the glow in it, and how is the weight?

Matt
Old 07-11-2007, 11:29 PM
SCJ

We do not know what the Euphoria weighs. Quique is the only person to have them. They will be available later in the year.

The Adventure bipe that Oxai makes comes in at about 10 lbs 9 ounces with a 2200 Nicad 4 cell. Not bad for an all painted biplane if I do say so myself.
Old 07-12-2007, 09:42 AM
rcpattern

Sorry it took so long to respond. It really doesnt matter where the header tank is. The one I'm running is only an inch or two in front of the main tank..makes it easy to get to. It just helps eliminate the possibility of air bubbles and it does work.

Arch
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The header tank likely has no clunk, but draws fuel from the center of the tank. Since the header tank never empties, the feed point is always fully submerged in fuel.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:19 AM
riot3d

I've been using a header tank for close to three years now, and I use the foam clunk on both tanks.

Adrian
Old 07-23-2007, 09:55 AM
AAbdu
My Feedback: (18)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is the wingspan of that bipe? How in the world does he make weight with that?
Old 07-23-2007, 01:48 PM
bwick

Wingspan on QQ's bipe is only 69"
Old 07-23-2007, 11:14 PM
rcpattern

QQ's bipes were 10lbs 10oz and 10lbs 12 oz. It really isnt that big of a plane. No bigger than the Adventure that Troy has. Flew very well...but considering who was at the sticks, I wouldnt expect anything less.

Arch
Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone have a price of this kit? I have sent 3 mails to various Oxai contacts over the last couple of weeks but had no reply. []
Old 01-02-2008, 05:59 PM
BrunoCH

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

According to [link=http://www.znline.com/produits.php?langue=french&cle_menus=1150097390]ZN Line[/link], 3650 Euros. Ouch!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:32 PM
Troy Newman

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Its all a matter of you perspective. To have a quality model like the Oxai planes and the Bipes specifically, it a really treat.

Oxai planes are unique and very very well done. Literally attach the servo trays that are laser cut and supplied, and bolt in the servos. Build the linkage and they are done. The biggest thing about the Oxai planes is drilling the landing gear mounting holes and bolting the gear on it. Hard points are already installed in the control surfaces. These allow various different types of controls horns to be used. Its all a matter of what kind you want to use. After that its all really easy stuff.

There is one reason that the top pilots and designers have partner relationships with Oxai; They set the standard there is no question about it.

Yes it costs some extra bucks to get something like this...but you don't get to eat Fillet Mignon on 99 cents menu budget. I would not hesitate to order another Oxai model. So far I have had many of them. My Euphoria is the 6th model I have purchased from Oxai in 4-5 years.

If you have any questions concerning the Oxai bipes I would be happy to answer them.

I have a ton of experience with Oxai and their models.

Troy Newman

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.