Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Synergy 3D 90

Old 05-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Synergy 3D 90

Flew my Synergy last night for the first time with no wind. This is a really nice plane. I need to work on my control throws a bit. Did a real nice blender, and flattened how real well, then would flop out of it.....I think I am using to much elevator. How do you guys have yours set up? The ailerons on this plane are really strong, as well as the rudder. I ned to find the right prop combination for my Saito 100 to get better KE loop performance. Currently turning a 14x8.....

Great plane!

Pugs
Old 05-08-2003, 12:04 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

Default Synergy 3D 90

Hey Jon,
Glad you like it. Have you tried a snap on high rates yet? It's amazing.
How about the KE performance? It's unbelieveable how little rudder it needs to KE.

Jim
Old 05-08-2003, 02:16 PM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It is great to hear.

I am super happy to hear you are enjoying the airplane.

You can stop the flopping out of the flat spin by reducing your elevator once it developes. Also, changing the rudder input will change the rate of rotation. Start fairly high and slowly and consciencely adjust your rudder input and you will find that you can really vary the way the spin looks. It should be possible to stop the descent rate and even climb with different ratios.

Mark
Old 05-08-2003, 07:57 PM
mikey-3d

Default Synergy 3D 90

hi mark

im currently flying the syn90 which is to me the best model ive owned,i wondered about tailplane supports due to very vunerable arond this area ,it seems ok at moment but have you guys fitted these.
Old 05-08-2003, 10:17 PM
Rcaerosport

Default Synergy 3D 90

As you can see from the ZN site, one simply attaches two Alu rods under the tail. It definitely gives a sense of security, for very little weight. I use it on mine too. Unless you are going to be very docile, then you most probably won't need it, but its a 3D model...
Old 05-09-2003, 06:11 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I feel better with the tail supports

Like Derek said, the picture on the ZN site shows my method of tail reinforcement. It is K&S streamlined tubing, the end is flattened, and a piece of shrink tube is over the end. The screw into the stab is a simple wood screw, the balsa on the stab being hardened with CA. A 2mm screw and nylon lock-nut pull them together on the ventral fin. The stiffness is fantastic and allows unlimited abuse on the elevators. It adds about 8 grams and helps the balance. It is definately not dead weight.

Mark
Old 05-09-2003, 10:16 AM
kris1

Default Synergy 3D 90

Guys,

My aeroplane came yesterday. What a machine!!!!.....

I will replace the horns for ailerons and elevator for the MK 812's rudder horns. Not sure about the rudder and if the 812 will fit, given the elevator movment.

There is a little lateral movement on the tail plane, so and I will put the tail reinforcement on it. It will also give some more security to the tail as it will be taking some load from the tail plane to fuz join.

Not sure on the undercaridge reinforcement as there seems very little fuz side to fit the Tri stock to. Also I was gong to put a remote glow connection, fuel dots and charging jack on it. But due to the lack of wood in the side pannels, where to put them? I am worried about cuting into the fuz side incase I compromise the strength of the Fuz.

The servos I am using are Hitec 5925 for elevator halves, ailerons and 5945 for the rudder with an HS 81mg for thottle. I will run this on 6V from a JR PCMs rx.

I think I will put a 400cc tetra tank in. Not sure if the 12oz tank supplied will take the pressure from the YS110. Also, dont know how long the YS will run for on 12oz of fuel.

I think that should do the trick. I must clear out the workshop so I can get it in and start work.

One very happy punter. The canopy could be better though. Any ideas of what else will fit?

Cheers

Kris
Old 05-09-2003, 10:35 AM
jamesjoneill

Default Synergy 3D 90

Try a Loaded Dice II canopy, available from Nexus, it's an almost direct replacement but thicker. It also has the advantage of being clear so that you can colour it whatever shade you want. Actually I think the canopy is ok, I shall be fitting mine with R/C modeller glue though not screws. As long as you don't flip the plane too hard on landing you should be ok, but if you've done that to it the canopy will be the least of your worries.

I will be flying mine off a grass strip so have put some 1/32 ply doublers over the open structure behind the firewall and adjacent to the u/c plate and have put some carbon cloth around the u/c plate and down onto the doublers. It hasn't added much weight but will help to spread the landing load in the event of catching some long grass - as Christophe's did on the Saturday at Sandown.

I too have replaced the horns and clevises with the MK versions and will glue in some carbon rods to reinforce the tail, apart from that it will be built as standard and I have to say it is the best quality I have seen in an ARTF period.

Looking forward to trying it all out on Sunday!.

James