Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

European Championship 2008 - Brescia Italy

Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

European Championship 2008 - Brescia Italy

Old 08-27-2008, 03:55 AM
David Bathe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: European Championship 2008 - Brescia Italy

ORIGINAL: amram

"The Opera do not finish until the Fat Lady sings..."

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Funny!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:22 AM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Raimo,

Thank you for posting all the great pictures. Thanks to all for keeping us updated.

-mark
Old 08-27-2008, 07:36 AM
macleote

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently many pilots were surprised of S. Silvestri panel 4 score... somes nation captain's cover claims
Old 08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Angus Balfour

IC engines are about to go forever. The new flight schedules are very well suited to electrics and also the new rules, where you have a very short time to start your engine/motor and have it run reliably, mean doomsday for the glow engines.
Rubbish! We have loads of time to start the engine, take off and fly the flight and have it all done and dusted with plenty of time to spare. YS are no less reliable than electric. Both operate very well and reliably in the right hands.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Niall

Have to agree with you Angus, there is no reason why you would run out of time( unless you had a Carlsberg). As long as you can manage your IC or electric then there is no need for worry. The 3 minutes is the same as it has been forever. I do think that maybe the electrics have more time to spare but there is so much time in this schedule it is not an advantage.

Niall O Sullivan
Emerald Hobby- FlightPower-Oxai-
Old 08-27-2008, 08:56 AM
papaone

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Macleote

Do you know score of Sivestri in panel 4 ?
Regards
Old 08-27-2008, 10:56 AM
flydynamics

What Silvestri won a flight !!.... [>:] nice ....... I read on the French forum that there are notation problem with Silvestri's fourth flight .... but I know how're the Frecnhies when their champion's beaten on a flight so .... rather wait a bit about jury's decision ...... more prudent !!....
Anyway, I trully hope there're no cheat during this Euro ...... in the other case, sure it will not the first time there're cheat in F3A (1993 Japanese judge fired) but ... if the infos given by the Frecnhies are true, it will demontrate (again ?) that human judgement is not the best way ........ hope for F3A that Silvestri performed an awesome 4th flight !!!.........
Old 08-27-2008, 11:50 AM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

Why do you assume Silvestri cannot win unless someone cheats ?

tommy s
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Jon Wold

And how do you cheat in F3A I wonder
Old 08-27-2008, 12:37 PM
flydynamics

Hey Tommy S, I didn't assume that Silvestri can't win a flight .... It was totally ironic ... I'm sure he cans, and I'm sure he didn't cheats ......
I was just teasing a bit the Frenchies with their internationally known "chauvisnisme" ....... when another pilot than CPLR won a flight they're surprised .....
Seba's one of the best pilot in the world ..... and maybe in some day the best in europe ?!!....

Cheating in F3A (and many others sports artistic skating etc ....) is easy but not very intelligent, and certainly not discret !!!....
In 1993 a Japanese judge was fired after a flight where he gave 10 at all maneuvers of a Japanese pilot !!!.... He was fired and another judge tooks his place till the end of the champ.

To be very clear:

I didn't say that Seba's a cheater
I didn't say that there're cheater in the european champ judge panel
I said that Frenchies are "chauvins"
I was clearly teasing Frenchies ... but it was kind ... like a badboy

sounds good ?

Old 08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
tommy s
My Feedback: (55)

Yes, sounds good.

tommy s
Old 08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
flydynamics

Nice, lets see now the other flights ....

Old 08-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Soufflé

ORIGINAL: flydynamics

Nice, lets see now the other flights ....

Today, day 4, Stephane Carrier landed prematurely after two minutes. Reason: TX battery low.
The most impressive flight today, in my opinion? Gerhard Mayr (Austria).
Old 08-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Soufflé

ORIGINAL: Angus Balfour

IC engines are about to go forever. The new flight schedules are very well suited to electrics and also the new rules, where you have a very short time to start your engine/motor and have it run reliably, mean doomsday for the glow engines.
Rubbish! We have loads of time to start the engine, take off and fly the flight and have it all done and dusted with plenty of time to spare. YS are no less reliable than electric. Both operate very well and reliably in the right hands.
I'm a model magazine editor and I'm not involved in the motor/engine market. I find that Rainer Hacker is a very nice person and Mr. Yamada too. I just take notice of events and trends and the "current" (no pun intended) trend is electric. This time there are many more motors than engines. Stop. I guess that during the next WC the trend will be the same. If you don't like it I can understand your point of view, but you can't change it anyway.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 PM
DaveL322

Souffl,

My understanding is that Wolfgang was to be running a new Hacker FAI Outrunner? How is it performing?

Regards,

Dave Lockhart

ORIGINAL: Souffl鍊

I'm a model magazine editor and I'm not involved in the motor/engine market. I find that Rainer Hacker is a very nice person and Mr. Yamada too. I just take notice of events and trends and the "current" (no pun intended) trend is electric. This time there are many more motors than engines. Stop. I guess that during the next WC the trend will be the same. If you don't like it I can understand your point of view, but you can't change it anyway.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:42 PM
flydynamics

How could you come to compete in a big event as an european champ and have a TX battery discharged after 2min of flight !!!!!!!!...... preparation not really serious ....
anyway it's a shame ..... Stephane Carrier is a good kid .... Go on Stephane ... keep going ....
Old 08-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Soufflé

ORIGINAL: DaveL322

Souffl,

My understanding is that Wolfgang was to be running a new Hacker FAI Outrunner? How is it performing?

Regards,

Dave Lockhart

I guess You're talking about Wolfgang Matt. I didn't see him fly yesterday (I arrived in the afternoon) but today he did a great flight with very few minor mistakes. I didn't know about the motor, but if it's an outrunner it is performing quite well. Tomorrow is the day-off, but on friday, during the semifinals I will ask him about his power set and I will let you know. Anyway, Matt is really admirable. He was on the top when I stll was a youngster and he's still on the top today. Above all he's a real gentleman.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:52 PM
jaycey

Anyone running the spark YS170 CDI?

I think Stephane Carrier was testing one[sm=confused.gif]
Old 08-27-2008, 02:15 PM
DaveL322

Yes, Wolfgang Matt. I know a new Hacker outrunner has been in testing since the spring. The only time I saw Matt fly was at the 1989 WC in the US....when I could still claim to be a youngster <G>. Thanks for your response, and looking forward to any additional information you may provide.

Regards,

Dave

I guess You're talking about Wolfgang Matt. I didn't see him fly yesterday (I arrived in the afternoon) but today he did a great flight with very few minor mistakes. I didn't know about the motor, but if it's an outrunner it is performing quite well. Tomorrow is the day-off, but on friday, during the semifinals I will ask him about his power set and I will let you know. Anyway, Matt is really admirable. He was on the top when I stll was a youngster and he's still on the top today. Above all he's a real gentleman.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:19 PM
Angus Balfour

You seemed to have toned down your opinion from "IC engine are about to go forever" and "doomsday for IC" (how very tabloid) to, "At this EC there are more motors than IC". Good lad. And I wasn't trying to change your opinion, I was just pointing out that you are wrong.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
papaone

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Flydynamics

Never "chauvin" les frenchies sauf un; dénommé Badboy. Do you know that guy !
A+
NB : In Marseille no wind, 30 degres et combien au Canada ?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Soufflé

ORIGINAL: Angus Balfour

You seemed to have toned down your opinion from "IC engine are about to go forever" and "doomsday for IC" (how very tabloid) to, "At this EC there are more motors than IC". Good lad. And I wasn't trying to change your opinion, I was just pointing out that you are wrong.
Please consider that my english skills are not as good as yours, so misunderstandings are just behind the corner with me.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:41 AM
flydynamics

Hi Claude ...

Badboy ??? who's fantastic "semeur de trouble" !!!???....
sometimes a bit hard with french forum this badboy ... je pense qu'il en a marre de lire l'apologie d'un mec chaque fois qu'il tourne le bouton du forum sur ON ..... mais il y a de sgens bien ...... mais il y a aussi des ....
Anyway ... wind has fall .... a low is passing north and we've some good weather to fly ..... 23°c but in cockpit we've pressurisation an AC ... so ... not a pb ....

All the best to the French team .................................................. ......................
OK OK for the other team too .................

Teasing everybody !!............
Old 08-28-2008, 01:46 AM
David Bathe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Souffl�

so misunderstandings are just behind the corner with me.
I love this thread!
Old 08-28-2008, 02:41 AM
Kimmo Kaukoranta

Results from the preliminaries:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43761.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	1020960   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx74190.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	1020961  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.