Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

WARNING! Synergy 3D 90

Old 05-15-2003, 01:00 AM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING! Synergy 3D 90

Guys....I am not one that usually says much about problems that I encounter with planes. I understand that things happen, and issues may be isolated, however....

I was flying my Syenrgy tonight and heard the strangest noise. Never heard anything like this on a RC plane. Chopped throttle, and landed without issue. Looked the plane over and noticed all the covering on the top of the left wing panel was loose and flapping. The entire leading edge came loose and allowed air up under the covering. Could have been a real issue if it wasn't caught in time.

Guys, check out your covering.

Pugs
Old 05-15-2003, 06:15 AM
MarkNovack
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Take out that iron

Yep, Pugs is right. Check the covering. Take out the iron and give ten minutes attention to the seams and the trim pieces. That will save any grief of losing the scheme in the air.

Mark
Old 05-15-2003, 01:02 PM
ofremmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING! Synergy 3D 90

I always use i tiny brush and some clear 2K paint to seal all edges after covering. A bit boring job, but well worth the effort.
Ola Fremming