Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pattern Universe - RC Pattern Flying > RC Pattern Flying
Reload this Page >

Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 11:57 AM
MHester
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sebastiano Silvestri new F3A plane

ORIGINAL: flyinghamiltons

Troy too funny man!!! Now surely you are just poking some fun here??
Man that's an Awesome looking Bipe!!
As for the Drama.... Well let's just say..... i've heard this " Exaggerated Drama Crap" before! Seems like some guys have 7 lives, I seem to have heard that several folks here on this Thread have been about dead multiple times, that can't be good...
i thought you're only DEAD once!
So, to those fore-mentioned Heros that defty Death.. What's the Secret???
Us Medical guys are Just "Dying" to Know?????????????????
The secret, Hamilton, is remembering who to NEVER build a plane for. Lest you find yourself a year later, with unexplainable anonymous attacks on the internet, having to deal with silly grade school crap and finding out your major source of problems is all coming from a few small minded malcontents with an exaggerated sense of thier own worth.

Don't worry, I think the REAL entertainment is yet to come...

-Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Craven
My Feedback: (8)

Anybody want to thumb wrestle?

That's some real entertainment to me.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:35 PM
flyinghamiltons

mike, sorry you feel this way... No problems here brother.. just a simple observation, i stated a fact, that Drama, and i mean pure Drama, i seem to remember hearing the same BS about how people are killing you, with over work, and too many demands, perhaps you shouldn't get all worked up over "Building", sorry i demanded perfection with our two planes, ( if you wish for me publicly explain i will, however i suggest you lighten up and relax a bit ,) ... i have no issues with you, other than your little out burst at this moment.... thus my response to you at this time.
Now as for attacks, i have done zero. I know you are still angry about the planes, sorry we demanded perfection. Thus the reason for our immediate resignation from your Team... Frankly Too Much Drama... have a good long successful carreer, and don't let folks burden you too much, with "Perfection"
If you have any questions or issues, please feel free to email me etc.. i'd be glad to answer any and all of you questions. Seems you might have some by the tone of your post. Pattern is fun, and yes we are really enjoying our Astral!!! Thks for the suggestion to go for it.. see you on the flightline soon.
PS if you need a memory refresh, i 'd be glad to copy you on your previous correspondence.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry for the sidetrack as I started it here. I should have started a new thread.

It was funny and intended as funny. Nothing more.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:46 PM
MHester

Nope not angry over that plane Don. it was awesome. To this day there has never been a plane out of my shop that was MORE perfect than that one. Quite a few people were present during the maidens, ask any of them how it stacked up. You never actually saw it in person.

yep I'm guilty there, guilty of agreeing to turn key a plane for $450 to help someone out, guilty of breaking my rear end over backwards to try and do something for someone else. And guilty of not addressing this a year ago when I should have. I told you no the first time we spoke, and only agreed the second time on the recommendation of someone else I trusted. I asked you only for patience, a little appreciation in the long run, and $450 to cover the expense of one kit, not even the cost of the sheeting, extra wood and hardware, and every other expense I incurred. Not one red cent, and not one red cent in work either.

I actually "agreed" to nothing other than a framed plane before the nats, which I completed in may of last year. Everything else was an offer on my part to try to help even further. This turned into 2 planes, and somehow me making "promises". if I made any promises it was an attempt to cool the situation and I did everything in my power to make it happen. Guess what? That plane flew at the Nats, I flew it myself. it was to this day the best plane to ever come out of my shop.

Post whatever you wish, I have not a thing to hide and you know it. You've only had a year to get the story straight. The only mistake I made was being too kind and generous. I won't ever make that mistake again. I ended up buried in projects that were originally done as favors, getting nothing but grief over them. my business is, was, and always will be, kits....PERIOD. Nowhere have I ever advertised as a professional builder, or ever sold myself as one. EVER.

As for my health and 'drama", nope, just fact. I'm very happy that your life is a bed of roses; mine is not. Your compassion as a doctor is notable. I'm very impressed that you are able to pronounce judgement on plane you never even got within 300 miles of. it had some issues because of the paint...which I didn't do, and had nothing to do with....but that just meant some things needed to be moved around. I moved them, finished the plane and flew it, and it was awesome. Darned shame it locked out in practice at Jax, but alas, enough people saw it up close.

Post whatever you'd like, cuz these are the facts and nothing but. Spin it any way you'd like. Actually I'm impressed that you have enough of a discerning taste that you can pronounce a plane unworthy from that far away without even seeing it. I can't even do that.

As for the post I responded to, well that pretty much sums up my whole problem with you. Doesn't have anything at all to do with a plane either. Does it now?

hence why I don't build anymore for people, because my situation coupled with this sort of attitude is unhealthy for me. Don't worry, that's a mistake I will never repeat. It's my fault, somehow I should have known better. But I didn't and I paid for it dearly. At least I learned from it. Go ahead, call it drama. Enjoy your world, I'll do what I have to to live in my own. Ridicule an illness if you'd like, but being a doctor I would think you'd know better. While you're at it post a copy of my medical records. Since you seem to have some sort of insight into my life and my challenges, this shouldn't be a problem should it? I have a thousand things that I deal with daily that you do not, and can not understand. I don't post them unless it matters somehow.

I'll be happy to go as deep into this as you want Don. Anybody else too, you know who you are, go ahead, let's see just how much of a sucker and a dumbass I have been in the past. Let's have a look at ALL of my mistakes shall we? When this one is over, every issue I have had in pattern will be clear as day. if the guys looking think I've done something wrong, so be it. I freely admit the mistakes I have made in the past, especially those made while learning this whole process. I am very envious of your perfection Don, it's something I will never attain.

Now....I'll be glad to share anything and everything. Here, over the phone, on another forum that won't get moderated, in person, wherever and whenever. I am NOT perfect and never claimed to be. But I do learn, although sometimes it's much more slowly than I would like.

What I don't care about is where this all goes. But before this is over, you will all see that I am VERY human, and you will also see that some others are very INhuman. my "business" is kits and if I made any REAL mistakes on that front, it was letting stuff like this inerfere with what I REALLY should have been dealing with....everybody else's kits.

Go ahead, make my day

-Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 02:47 PM
Nathan King

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Troy Newman

It was funny and intended as funny. Nothing more.
And funny it was!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:07 PM
flyinghamiltons

This is too much Drama for me.... Peace out , and feel better Mike! Mike, i really do want you to calm down, take your meds, kick back and smell the roses... i wish nothing less than total success for you, and your business. Have fun, see you at the contests... Sorry again for expecting so much, and creating such a burden for you.
T
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM
MHester

That's about what I expected.

Thanks for your concern, but as I said earlier, I have never been better. I needed to make some changes, so I did. Done. All better now [8D]

No burden, I'm good. Thanks! And see ya out there on the trail, already been to quite a few this year. And a few killer ones left still!

-M
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

Now that's entertainment.....

I think some of the readers might remember this plane and the photo of me and Mike. Funny how all this has now come full circle and now Don Hamilton is calling it quits. Dr. Don I'm disappointed in you, you deal with stuff like death everyday. And now this is to much for you to stomach. Come on man, let's hear your beef with Mike.

What are you a big CHICKEN !

Here it is the plane Don rejected, the plane I painted instead of my own in time for Nats 2007. It's all 3 stage Candy Apple Red, 2-stage clear, it was so shinny and pretty. I think I spent something like 200 hours on this plane, heck - it was only the second plane I ever painted. I am still totally proud of it and your BS will never tarnish what Mike or myself accomplished.

Shame on you for even trying.

and thanks Troy for sidetracking the thread, I know you only meant to be funny, really man !!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Dean Funk, the dude on the left
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13803.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1009016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12133.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1009017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31457.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1009018  
Old 08-11-2008, 03:34 PM
MHester

Jeez I forgot how much that thing sparkled. Man I miss that imperfect plane!

-M
Old 08-11-2008, 03:37 PM
handglider

Dude I remember hating the thoughts of just giving that one away.

I think I spent two whole days buffing that clear coat, my arms where numb for a week.

This does make Troy's original post that much funnier...

still... LOL
Old 08-11-2008, 03:39 PM
flyinghamiltons

Dang dude, i ran out of popcorn....[X(] Deano are you still learning to paint, hopefully you got the hang of it by now. I'm really sorry that it didn't work out... it wasn't my fault, that the other florida pilots declined their planes as well, and asked for "Refunds". Truly, i had no envolvemnet. I'm very sorry that you got stuck in the middle of it, and blamed for the "Over Weight paint job"...with too much paint. Must have been too much of that "Gay" candy apple Red.
Peaceout............
Old 08-11-2008, 03:41 PM
handglider

Wow, Don now you've got a beef with me. Keep on subject and let's first hear the beef you got with Mike.

Old 08-11-2008, 03:43 PM
handglider

we are waiting Don,

Let's hear the beef you got with Mike.....

Old 08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
MHester

Nahh trust me, Dean definitely has the hang of it now Too many coats, trying to make it too pretty....it WAS that. Not a big deal, just had to adjust a few things. Just bad timing. he knows it, I know it....history.

LOL But really have to thank you, it all just made me and Dean better friends.

I was ok with letting it all lay, and did for a year. but your post ridiculing my health was a bit over the line. You got anything "real"?

-M
Old 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
f3a05

For those of us hoping to read about Seba's new bipe, would it be possible to preface the "other" posts with some symbol or other?
A handbag perhaps?
Old 08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Mrs. Score Keeper

Quoted from Don Hamilton ........ "Over Weight paint job"...with too much paint.

Ok NOW you have got me involved in this! And everyone knows me or at least most and knows I tell it like it is weither you like it or not, thats just me ..
I must step in and say something about this quote made ......THIS PLANE WAS NEVER OVERWEIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was slightly TAIL HEAVY NOT OVERWEIGHT !!!!!
Trust me on this I was the one reading the scale on that plane it weighed well UNDER 11 POUNDS!!!
let me repeat NEVER WAS OVERWEIGHT!!!! It weighed 10 pounds 11.3 oz RFT

Being tail heavy is totally different , Minor adjustements to so equipment BAMM Flew great till it fell out of the sky LITERALLY !!!

Seems like facts are still getting screwed up here ..Does people just make up stuff to try to get a better story line on something or just to make themselves look better in a situation or to just try to make someone else look bad ... I am so sick of this crap YES CRAP!!!! If you have a problem with someone at least have the decency to be HONEST!!!!

Old 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
MHester

ladies and gents, my wife [8D]

Guys I'll be glad to take this elsewhere, but this needs to end now. I am sick of it. Troy's post was a joke, and I was fine with that, but when it turns personal I am not letting that slide anymore. Sorry.

-Mike
Old 08-11-2008, 06:24 PM
Craven

Anybody want a slim jim?
Old 08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

Speaking of overweight, ever flown a 13 lb EU1A, it was a great flier under power but if you ran out of fuel you were landing pretty quick. I think Seb's bipe is much better looking than the Euphoria. Just my opinion.

Tim
Old 08-11-2008, 07:19 PM
jim woodward

All,

I am writing this post as a long time pattern forum observer, friend to everyone on this thread. If at the end of this you want to feel attacked, that is fine with me. However, I hope that is it read in the plain text it is written in. I am attempting no sarchasm in this post so here it is:

Let me interpret this entire thread and break it down into Act 1, Act 2, & Act 3. This thread is absolutely typical of nearly every thread on the RCU Pattern forum, and is exactly indicatitive of why I have stopped contributing to it so much.

Act 1:
Someone posts a new airplane. The airplane is beautiful, ground breaking, and definately on the cutting edge of technology. The thread begins with about one page of positive comments that stick to the nature of the subject. The seeds of doubt are sewn and given cover in Post #26.
- Post #26 baits the thread and it transitions into way-off-thread-comments, and Act 2:

Act 2:
The thread is transformed into a love-fest (don't take this term the wrong way) or what-if scenario for the Black Magic. This happens all the time. Posts #51, #52, #53 are very typical of this transition. Troy interups the love-fest with a long satyrical (spelling?) story. This story is humors alone, but Mike is right in that there is some truth in it. Mike takes this in good humor in the thread. However, not even this huge satyrical statement daunts the love-fest. By page 4 it is in full swing again, and the topic is totally screwed up.

Act 3:
I'm not going to get into Act 3 too much, only to say that perhaps the satyrical statements while funny one one level, open the door for personal statements.

Here is what I think. The introduction of the new plane and this thread was successfully screwed up by the typical turn of events in the RCU pattern forum, which are that all threads somehow turn into Black Magic. Either way, the thread is screwed up and this does not benefit the company introducing the new plane.

Mike has a website he has made with sales information and his own support forums. He has massive build threads on this vary RCU forum. I have never seen a time when Oaxi, ZNLine, CA Models, Seba, or any other group sends their "guys" into the Black Magic build threads to screw them up. This only seems to go one direction. (again, this is the appearance).

Again, I have been a long time reader and this is my perception. I know others feel the same way. Others may feel different. Personally, I'm tired of seeing this transition happen -free speach issues or not. I'm not putting words in anyones mouth, only "interpretting" the tea-leaves as I see them.

Lets give other companys a chance at the RCU Pattern forum and just call it good ediquette.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 08-11-2008, 07:25 PM
JAS
My Feedback: (2)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7834321/tm.htm follow the link and post your non-Miss Wind stuff here...
Old 08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

First off, let me say, I love Seba's new bipe. I love the plane.

Not sure how posts 51-53 were a black magic love fest. Anymore than the posting of a different bipe right before that. One person asked if Mike was looking at bipes, and I made a simple statement which Tim Taylor also made a statement. At no point did Jeff Boyd, Myself or Tim make any comments specific to Black Magics, other than me saying, Mike has other things to do. That was that, and it was over. Then it took off from there. I think it is a little far fetched to go from what was said to "black magic love fest"

Amazing, any other thread, any plane gets thrown in, no problems. One person says one thing about a Black Magic and suddenly the thread has been "screwed up."

I also, have NEVER been sent by anyone for anything I've posted. And if you go back and read ALL of my threads, if someone asks about a plane, I ALWAYS mention other planes that are out there. Frankly if someone asks for a beginner plane I've always recommended the Focus II. I also know from reading Mike's posts, that he does the same. I have never said that other stuff doesn't fly well. I've never made the statement that my plane flies better than anything else. I've said many times it flies as well as anything else I've ever flown.

I'm done with this thread. Got more important things to do here in the sandbox....Back to the Miss Wind...

Arch
Old 08-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Craven

So nobody wants to thumb wrestle or have a slim jim?

You guys just don't know how to have fun...........
Old 08-11-2008, 08:46 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

I'd LOVE to have a Slim Jim....options are very thin over here in the middle of no where...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.