Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

OS 200FI Officially DEAD!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Jeff Boyd 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OS 200FI Officially DEAD!

Interesting stuff Willy . .

A 'universal' adaptable motor (even CDI ??) is a good logical choice so maybe O.S. have it on the desk there somewhere. These companies, for good reason, are very secretive about their R&D . . BUT one thing is for certain, they WILL come out with new products.

It's a shame about the OS200FI . . but "you can't hit every ball out of the park". I have seen one in action here in Australia (Bill Bloodworth - 19th World Champs - Argentina) and it has excellent power . . buckets of it . . (I'd say more than a YS170 watching it) and is very smooth running and reliable.

If O.S. have these in the bin at the factory . . PLEASE . . I'll take one

I currently fly a OS160FX with a Aeroslave Pipe, Perry VP-30 fitted into a Comp-ARF Integral, and it's very quiet and smooth on the AR-80 Hyde mount (very soft mount). It's a great combination, and has more than enough power for P09 / F09 schedules running on 15% nitro. I would say more power than a YS170, HOWEVER the power is not as 'useable' as a YS (2 stroke power band versus 4 stroke torque). I also have a OS140RX . . and the OS160FX definately has a little more power and torque than the 140 . .

Bring on 2009 . .

Cheers, JB