Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Oxai Aries07 wing incident

Old 03-03-2009, 02:08 PM
psookdee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxai Aries07 wing incident

Hi

Is there anybody owns an Oxai Aries 07? I would like to know the factory setup for the wing incident. I've looked everywhere... cant really find one, Please help (",
Old 03-03-2009, 02:13 PM
flyncajun

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Oxai Aries07 wing incident

.3 deg pos.
Bryan
Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 AM
psookdee

Thanks Byran...wonder if you are flying or used to fly the Aries, what seting up do you use on this plane...Engine trust, Wing and stab incident, cg...ect

Thanks again

Patrick S

Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 AM
bwick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think Bryan has ever actually flown an Aries, but he has helped me set up mine and knows its little quirks. Based on the behavior of the airplane in the trim process I would say .3-.4 degrees positive in the wing would be a very good estimate.

On the newer of my two Aries, the right thrust is correct for verticals but it does require down thrust (actually both of them required down thrust). I don't have exact degree values but it is a fair amount, maybe .6-.7 degree. Hard to say, just set the downthrust until the verticals go up straight. Stab incidence is more of a fine tune thing. It should be one of the last things you mess with to get the feel of your elevator just right. As long as it's not way out of wack while you're working out everythin else it shouldn't effect much (if your CG isn't too far back, that is).

I believe the manual says to run the CG at about ~195mm from the leading edge. I have my set up at ~175mm. At this CG it behaves very well at extreme rudder throws. Everything is very predictable. I actually have NO knife edge mix on my Aries at the moment, and that is how I flew it at the nats. It's not perfect for just level knife edge flight but for things like the knife edge loop it's pretty dead on accurate. It behaves very well through the rolling loops and circles.

Mixes I do have: small amount of down elevator at idle for downlines, and left rudder bottom 1/2-3/4 of the throttle travel to compensate for right thrust on downlines and things.

Hope that helps.
and thanks for giving me something to do besides this retarded anthropology paper, haha

-Brett
Old 03-06-2009, 02:08 PM
grotto2
My Feedback: (2)

Gee, Brett. What exactly is "Retarded Anthropology?" These courses are getting so esoteric.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:28 AM
psookdee

Thank you for the answer Brett. Right now my setup with this plane has no mixes at all. The plane does knife edge ok at the moment but not perfect, as it has slightly pull to the canopy just a little bit at both side where the down line has a little bit of pull into the canopy. I believe i setup the down trust right as you said till the up line has no pull where my CG sets at ~190mm and my stab incident right now sets at + 0.4.
This stab incident is my really first setup as i believed the wing was 0 so I set the stab the same angle as the wing. I will try move my CG 170mm as you said and think i will have to adjust my stab to 0 to begin with. I will try it in couple of days and i will let you know if this works.

Thanks again for your time, I would ask hof more help later hope you wouldnt mind

Patrick S