Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

d-3 prattville contest

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
lnl1950

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: d-3 prattville contest

I will be there with my copilot Chris O, already booked the room at Super 8,

The Other Larry...
Old 05-13-2009, 09:13 PM
J Strong
My Feedback: (18)

I just got the RCU link to our contest here in P'ville from Ken B.
We do have one of the nicest layed out fields I've been with exception to the AM sun issue being right head on. We can elect to fly on the 90 degree on either end, both at the same time with no worries, however you won't have the poles for referance. It'll be a Democratic vote at the pilots meeting Saturday AM as to fly with no sun, or no poles, for rounds one and Five.
The field directions are on the fcflyers.com website, and all should exit at 179 on I-65 just 8 miles North on Montgomery. 179 is FULL of motels and the best resturants in the central AL area, with knockout shopping, and a Bass Pro shop for those of you that are into hunting. I've book us at the Fantail Resturant Saturday night 23rd, its the BEST Seafood Buffet anywhere around. ElCheapo Motel at exit 187, just North of P'ville for $35 or so a night, otherwise you'll deal with the big chains at 179, your choice. We can handle 25 or so campers at the field with no worries, I'll be there camping and hanging both nights, or I can come home and someone can use my T P camper .
If I can be any help with your questions, just shoot. Got a SPA contest this weekend so will be out of the computer saddle from Friday AM till Sunday night.
Jamie
In Bama
Old 05-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Gregg G
My Feedback: (7)

Hey Jamie,
Is there a Hampton Inn?

Greg Grigsby
Old 05-13-2009, 10:42 PM
J Strong

Yep ! Right on 179 exit, 1/4 mile west, next to Mc Donalds.
Jamie
Old 05-14-2009, 09:23 AM
handglider
My Feedback: (23)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jamie,

sorry to tell you that I can't attend.

My wife and I had been juggling vacation plans and made reservations the week before you announced your date. I do hope you keep the date and have another event next year.

have fun guys, dean
Old 05-14-2009, 09:34 AM
jonlowe
My Feedback: (12)

I'm coming, and I think Marcio is also coming. Ron Van Putte told me he would be there. Gary C has to work that weekend and can't make it.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
J Strong

We'll keep it going here as long as the folks keep coming. I'm not expecting bunches of folks, cause Heck! , we just decided to do it just 6 weeks ago or so. We'll have a good time no matter the size. Does size really matter !!! Not really. Not bragging but Prattville is one of the nicer Cities in AL, you'll see why when your here. But then again I've only been here 51 years, so I may be a little bias .
If any of ya want to try your hand at a SPA event, we're having one in two days in Alabaster, just 60 miles up the road from me.
No worries on Vacation plans and work schedules, both of those things have dibbs over playing with toy planes, so no worries here for sure. If I can learn to post pics to this link I'll post, but I'm still learning how to down size pics, and don't have it down pat yet.
Jamie
IN Bama
Old 05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
jonlowe

Anyone want to share a room? I've got a spare bed, as Marcio had to cancel out of the contest.

Jon
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM
J Strong

My camper Popup can be used If someone would like. I was going to stay out with all the camping folk, but could drive home sense its only 12 miles or so.

Jamie

Old 05-21-2009, 10:30 AM
patternflyr
My Feedback: (17)

Hey Guys,

Is anyone brave enough to let me fly their beater plane for Friday and Saturday? I haven't finished mine yet. I promise not to do any knife edge loops:-)

Hey Jon, I'd share a room on Friday if you want, but I am going home Saturday night.

Thanks,
Emory
Old 05-21-2009, 06:16 PM
jonlowe

Emory,
Sounds good. You are welcome to share my Brio with me.

Jon
Old 05-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Gregg G
My Feedback: (7)

Jamie,

Does the flying field have a covered overhangs?

Greg Grigsby

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 PM
J Strong

The two sheds we have are 60 feet long and 8 foot wide, and both sides have 30 AMP power to each.

Jamie

Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 PM
lodomjr
My Feedback: (6)

Emory,

The old reliable Focus will be there with Chris. It has a real strong DZ140 on the front and you are welcome to fly it all you want. It's no Black Magic, but it does fly pretty good and feel free to try the knifedge loops if you want. You not have to worry about standing in line to fly it, or you guys could do like we did at Disticts and everyone fly it in an unknown. Boy after reading what I've wrote it sound like I'm trying to make it the old Focus Ho. But no kidding if you want to fly my old plane go ahead.

Larry
Old 05-23-2009, 09:09 PM
jonlowe

Unfortunately, Jamie and his crew got rained out by the tropical depression over the southeast. They were totally prepared, but the weather beat us. Beautiful facility for a contest, and I'm looking forward to returning at a later date.

Jon
Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 AM
J Strong

Still Raining (Tuesday), and now my computer has crashed. Having to use Dads to thank everyone for making the LONG trip and having to call it off. Dog Gonest Spring I ever seen, with rain nearly 3 or 4 times a week and winds out of the east  10 mph or more, for 3 months now.

We'll try to put it on again in late summer, but will have to check the clubs commitments before saying.

Thanks again for everyones understanding, and we'll certianly do it again in the future.

Jamie

In Bama