Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

NSRCA - a note of thanks

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 07:55 AM
flyintexan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default NSRCA - a note of thanks

Yes, this is the "renew your membership or else" notice. However, this medium is the best way for me (VP, dist. 6) to reach the greatest amount of members and potential new NSRCA members.

I write this note though with more of a thought of thanks and appreciation. Thanks to those that have been members forever. Without you we certainly wouldn't be here and despite the ups and downs (economy, personal schedules, changes to the NSRCA for better or worse) you simply renew every year. Thanks to those who I know in recent years have given large sums of money to help both the NSRCA and the US F3A Team. This is a handful (big handful) of people that have given without significant recognition but have seriously impacted the success of the NSRCA and the Team. Thanks to those that run the local contests year after year and some cases, two times a year. I am proud that in Dist. 6 (and likely in all other districts) all of the Contest Directors are members of the NSRCA. The contribution of their time is a big one (just ask a CD and more importantly, having the contest/s on the schedule year after year makes is possible to attract new members in their area as well as publicly promote Precision Flying which really does improve the image of our sport. Thanks to the board of the NSRCA who have finished the year well in the black. This is a feat considering what a rough year it was economically as well as helping in the fund raising and direct NSRCA donation ($1000) to the US Team and the continued publication of a monthly K-Factor. There have been great NSRCA board's in the past, but these guys (not me are one of the best. And thanks to those who understand, who get it, and join.

Best Regards,
Mark, D6
Old 01-13-2010, 02:20 PM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NSRCA - a note of thanks

Great post Mark.
It's really important that the NSRCA stays strong and helps direct our sport for a longtime. If you look at the history of the organization you'll see that it has always played an important role in keeping us together and viable.
I'm confident that our leaders today are doing everything they can to promote us.
In a few short years they have been able to stabilize their treasury and are now running in the black. With this they will be positioned to do things that they couldn't afford in the past.
With the World 2011 Championship coming next year to Muncie they need your support more than ever. Please join and help us to be all we can be. Joining is as easy as going to the website and using paypal to pay dues.
Thanks and have a fantastic 2010. Mike Mueller
Old 01-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NSRCA - a note of thanks

ORIGINAL: mups53

Great post Mark.
It's really important that the NSRCA stays strong and helps direct our sport for a longtime. If you look at the history of the organization you'll see that it has always played an important role in keeping us together and viable.
I'm confident that our leaders today are doing everything they can to promote us.
In a few short years they have been able to stabilize their treasury and are now running in the black. With this they will be positioned to do things that they couldn't afford in the past.
With the World 2011 Championship coming next year to Muncie they need your support more than ever. Please join and help us to be all we can be. Joining is as easy as going to the website and using paypal to pay dues.
Thanks and have a fantastic 2010. Mike Mueller
Mark and Mike,

Excellent reminder. Thank you both.

All: Please remember that the 2011 World Championships is only a 1 1/2 years away - that time will go by very quickly. Don Ramsey is the event manager and will need help so if you can help out in any way, please contact him.