Community
Search
Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

Website video idea

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:48 AM
cappaj1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Website video idea

ORIGINAL: sc204

Nice video work cappaj1
Better than most and stayed in focus most of the time. Of course the one video looks like Dave L defected and was flying the astral
Any reccomendations on camera settings, methods etc?
Stuart C.
Thanks. I use a Canon tape based HV30 hi def camcorder, shoot in auto mode and sometimes set the focus manually so it doesn't hunt and peck but probably didn't in these videos. The camcorder has a eye cup viewfinder not just a flip out lcd screen, which makes it easier to track a plane.
I have a tripod but trying to follow a plane is difficult with a tripod; it's much easier hand held. I will be using a nice heavy fluid head tripod in the future - just a matter of time before I splurge for one as they cost over 100 dollars just for the head. I'm thinking the heavy fluid head with it's damping will make it easier to track. I edit with Corel Videostudio 12 Pro X2. I just starrted last year so should get better as I go.

A two camera shoot would be ideal - one close up view, the other long, then with the video editor a picture in picture could show the second shot and subtitles for each maneuver could be included as well.