Notices
RC Pattern Flying Discuss all topics pertaining to RC Pattern Flying in this forum.

European Championship In AUSTRIA

Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Hans Meij

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: European Championship In AUSTRIA

ORIGINAL: guille2006
A silly question; Isn't Israel part of Asia? Why thay have a representation in the European Championship?
I saw it's the only country out of europe participating...
Same goes for Turkey and Cyprus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia
And also they participate in European football competitions.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM
Andy P.

ORIGINAL: Hans Meij

ORIGINAL: guille2006
A silly question; Isn't Israel part of Asia? Why thay have a representation in the European Championship?
I saw it's the only country out of europe participating...
Same goes for Turkey and Cyprus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asia
And also they participate in European football competitions.
Actually, Cyprus is part of the European Union and I think you'll find Turkey are in the process of being accepted following their application to join...........................
Old 09-03-2010, 01:31 PM
guille2006

Hans, detailing what Andy P. says: Turkey and Cyprus are part of the european union (different from the European comunity that shares the Euro, among other things). With so, Turkey and Cyprus can (geographically talking) participate, not israel.
And they play Basketball too, HA!!!!

Back to the F3A; I can see all electric airplanes; am I wrong? Is there any Glow drinker there?
Best regards to all,
Guille
Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK, I'm going to ask the stupid question:

How do they conduct the flights in the rain? Does the pilot stand under a shelter, does the caller hold an umbrella, or does the pilot just stand out there getting wet? Likewise with the judges, what do they do in the wind and rain in order to keep score sheets dry and rain drops off of their glasses? Sitting out in the cold wind and rain for hours has got to be pretty tough on the judges.

How do the electric motors like sucking in all of that water?

Is there ever a point where they call "too much rain" and curtail the flying?

I guess we are wimps out here, we won't fly if there are just a few raindrops falling.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:45 PM
shannah
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I answered part of my question
http://www.f3a-ec.eu/galerie/part_11...s/_mg_7791.jpg

http://www.f3a-ec.eu/galerie/part_11...s/_mg_7805.jpg
Old 09-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

CPLR and Angus Balfour I believe are flying YS.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:24 PM
Ricardo M.

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Y don´t know exactly but, all french team, a russian team member, 1 from Netherlands, Bernt Olsson (SWE), a finish member flew with YS. Maybe a few more.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Mvelez

hello guys: any news about the unknowns for tomorrow?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 AM
Nickolas

Judge No.10?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 AM
macleote

ORIGINAL: Nickolas

Judge No.10?
Cyprus Judge, he looks fun with a +14.9% on [link=http://www.f3a-ec.eu/pdf_final/07-041-ITA-SILVESTRI-Sebastiano-590,90.pdf]Silvestri[/link] and -11,9% on [link=http://www.f3a-ec.eu/pdf_final/07-035-FRA-PAYSANT-LE-Christophe-581,90.pdf]CPLR[/link] on first F. But TBL do the job:
http://www.f3a-ec.eu/pdf_final/finale_1.pdf

After two rounds:
http://www.f3a-ec.eu/images/adobe.gif
Old 09-04-2010, 07:01 AM
GiMsAcE

Hi all,

If i`m not mistaken the final results will be determined by best unknown and best final sequence if so CPLR did it again..!!!.

He won unknown 1 and Final 3 no matter what the outcome of the last unknown he`s got 2000 normalized points already.

Correct me if i`m wrong..!!!.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:10 AM
highfly3D

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks lile CPLR again...
Old 09-04-2010, 07:12 AM
highfly3D

any videos..?? if we get to see the videos we would call us very lucky people...around
Old 09-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Gregg G
My Feedback: (7)

I know that Roland doesn't fly anymore. Why did he stop?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:09 AM
RCBruski65
My Feedback: (44)

I remember someone saying it was a new job that he took or something like that.

Good to see Wolfgang still holding his own.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:12 AM
apereira

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He is president of the most important Bank in Lichtenstein. He flies the Lichtenstein nationals still, He just won them.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:14 AM
highfly3D

ORIGINAL: apereira

He is president of the most important Bank in Lichtenstein. He flies the Lichtenstein nationals still, He just won them.
Yes thats true..
Old 09-04-2010, 10:24 AM
macleote

http://ar2009.llb.li/thellbgroup/boa...olandmatt.html
Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 AM
FlyingWorks

Very good Macleote
Girabel's video (Spain Team): http://www.youtube.com/user/andresgi.../0/ufudzJmVExE
R. Matt: http://www.acro3d.com/public/joomla/...sf3a&Itemid=56 / http://www.mfgl.li/english/contest/f3a_results.htm
Old 09-04-2010, 10:42 AM
Niall

Judge No.10?
Judge #10 is out of control, he is clearly biased towards Silvestri. It's so blatent. He is the highest judge for Silvestri on 6 of the seven flights he judged and second highest on the seventh, meanwhile he is the lowest scoring judge for CPLR in 4 of the seven rounds he judged while he is second lowest in 2 others.

I dont like saying this but this is biased judging in the extreme. I think you could frame the judges analysis as a case in point of how NOT TO JUDGE.

Talking to some people at the comp, this judge is having dinner with Silvestri most nights. [>:]. He should not be allowed judge at the WC.

I know its not a nice thing to say this about a judge because most are doing there level best but this borders on cheating.

My 2 cents...

Niall
Old 09-04-2010, 10:53 AM
FlyingWorks

Final results: http://www.f3a-ec.eu/pdf/final_4.pdf
Old 09-04-2010, 11:56 AM
Derek.Koopowitz

ORIGINAL: Niall

Judge No.10?
Talking to some people at the comp, this judge is having dinner with Silvestri most nights. [>:]. He should not be allowed judge at the WC.
Please PM me with more details...

Old 09-04-2010, 12:17 PM
highfly3D

ORIGINAL: Niall

Judge No.10?
Judge #10 is out of control, he is clearly biased towards Silvestri. It's so blatent. He is the highest judge for Silvestri on 6 of the seven flights he judged and second highest on the seventh, meanwhile he is the lowest scoring judge for CPLR in 4 of the seven rounds he judged while he is second lowest in 2 others.

I dont like saying this but this is biased judging in the extreme. I think you could frame the judges analysis as a case in point of how NOT TO JUDGE.

I know its not a nice thing to say this about a judge because most are doing there level best but this borders on cheating.

My 2 cents...

Niall
Yes now you see this is the other side of competition & very few people have guts to speak about this..especially the participant.

I have seen like for example Quique went up all the way in 2009 F3A worlds & in the final round we see him go down how is that possible.. like we see Japanese judges give more points to their pilots.. it takes sportsman ship & discipline to a person to call him a Judge. For me such a person is not a judge but a simply corrupt person who is ruining other peoples hard work & skills just by his wrong judgment.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Nickolas

What does it take to be a judge in contest like this? Who makes the decision about judges?

Being a rep of my country of F3A in the FAI commitee, our federation was never asked to vote about judges selection in euro contest. I will not comment about biasing because I want to believe that there is no biasing in such a contest. May be there are not so well trained judges as others but I would never think that a judge is biased. So a good counter measure would be a very careful selection of experienced judges.

Thank god TBL is there to give some fair result. So I believe the top 3 deserve to be there!

Congratulations to all pilots, and specially to the winners! Also congratulations to F3A team Italy for the great team result! If you consider that two of the three Italian pilots (Hanes and Marco who is 14 yrs old) participated for the first time in euro champs and went to the semi finals and finals this is a great achievement.

Best regards,
Nikos

Old 09-05-2010, 02:06 AM
Neo02

Re biasing, I have to say that sometimes (sometimes!) one judge prefers one particular flying style that matches a competitor and thus he seems "biased" towards him, while another one does not like it at all. Although I wasn't there to see the contest, I can imagine that the top three pilots flew in completely different ways: CPLR probably quite fast and big, Mayr (as reported) extremely slow and Silvestri something in between (on the slower side, I guess). If the judge likes a slow type of flight, he will seem to be "biased" towards the latter two. I am not defending anybody in particular, as I don't know them personally.
Do not forget that pilots flew 4x preliminary rounds, 2 semifinals and 4 final rounds, that makes 10x 8 minutes, or just over an hour. Judges scored throughout the week and cumulated a lot of judging hours.
Thanks to the current software, it is immediately possible to identify these differences and have a talk with the judge(s) involved. If it turns out that he is indeed biased, I don't think that we will see him again at the next international competition. Even if currently there is shortage in good (and international level) judges, with many countries (including Switzerland) that do not currently have an international judge.

Remember: if pilots are allowed to make a mistake, so should judges. The system applied should ensure that these mistakes (or bias) do not influence the final score. I have rarely (actually: never) seen or been at a competition where the winner wasn't the best pilot.

Best regards
Fabrizio

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.