RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Baton Rouge Contest April 21 - 22, 2012 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/11024743-baton-rouge-contest-april-21-22-2012-a.html)

mjfrederick 04-02-2012 04:34 AM

Baton Rouge Contest April 21 - 22, 2012

1 Attachment(s)
Pattern comes early to the heart of Cajun Country! The Atchafalaya Basin R/C Club is pleased to announce that our contest will be held this year on April 21 - 22. Please see the attached flyer for all the pertinent information. We hope to have a great turnout this year, and look forward to kicking off this pattern season with one heck of a good time!

protectedpilot 04-02-2012 02:33 PM

RE: Baton Rouge Contest April 21 - 22, 2012

We have worked hard on the facilities this year. The pavilion has been tripled in size, with some picnic tables; and the runway is the best it has been in years, a smooth carpet of grass. Things are looking up for us, we'd love to see you!

Brian

4u2nv-RCU 04-17-2012 11:28 AM

Grass still mowed? I will be there Fri. and Sat. and it should be fun! Who all is going? First full contest of the season! Cant believe there isnt alittle more chatter out here for it!!!

mlr53 04-17-2012 11:51 AM

I plan on making this one. Been looking forward to it fo awhile now.

flyncajun 04-17-2012 12:02 PM

Yup grass is mowed !
The runway is as good as we ever had it,(lots of rain and seed) we have a lot of new construction three time the shade, and a inclosed bathroom with a flushing jon for the Ladies ,,
I will be there friday come out and fly , we will be laying lines out , and trimming airplanes :D

We will have a fish fry friday Night , Crawfish Sat, along with" A big Pot of White beans" Thanks to my wife and a club Cook!:D

I have a new Travel Trailor, so I will be there Thursday night ,,My wife thinks we are going Camping LOL
can`t wait to see everybody

Bryan

rene69 04-17-2012 02:18 PM

I'm planning to be there Friday afternoon.
Rene

kevenoco 04-17-2012 03:12 PM

I'll be arriving Saturday morning to fly Advanced. Looking forward to it!
Christina and new baby will be there too.

Keven

glowplugboy 04-17-2012 06:47 PM

Darn! I've got to pick up an estate in Austin. Oh well. See everyone in Katy.

Mike

kevenoco 04-18-2012 07:23 PM

Actually I am having radio problems and will not be able to attend the contest. I already paid for a hotel for SATURDAY only:

Holiday Inn Express- BATON ROUGE-PORT ALLEN
2860 NORTH WESTPORT DRIVE,
Port Allen,LA,70767
(225) 343-9967

I paid $110. Is anyone interested in a good deal? Send me a private message if so.

Keven O'Connor

mjfrederick 04-20-2012 12:37 PM

Just came from the field. Place looks great! Had about 12 - 14 guys out there getting in some practice, and the fish fry was gearing up when I left. The rain that is forecast should be gone just in time to start flying at 9:30 or 10:00 tomorrow morning. Look forward to seeing everyone and having a great contest!

4u2nv-RCU 04-23-2012 08:29 AM

Had a great time and the and I want to thank all the Louisiana guys putting on a fun weekend! Fish fry was great and it was good just seeing all the usual suspects. Now on to Katy in a couple of weeks!

pattratt 04-23-2012 11:48 AM

To all The Atchafalaya Basin R/C Club.
Had a great time and lots of good food to boot!
I just hope the one weekend a year south La. gets a north wind will "Not" be your contest weekend!
Enjoyed it all anyway!:D
Dick

pattratt 04-23-2012 11:50 AM

To all The Atchafalaya Basin R/C Club.
Had a great time and lots of good food to boot!
I just hope the one weekend a year south La. gets a north wind will "Not" be your contest weekend!
Enjoyed it all anyway!:D
Dick

protectedpilot 04-23-2012 02:32 PM

We had a great time having everybody here, thanks for supporting our contest! Monte Richard won Sportsman, Randy Hicks won Intermediate, Jon Martin won Advanced, Don Ramsey won Masters and Brett Wickizer won FAI-F. Nineteen pilots total; 2 Sportsman, 5 Intermediate, 6 Advanced, 2 Masters and 4 FAI. Full results can be found on Don Ramsey's site; http://pages.suddenlink.net/donramsey/

Some items of note; Ryan Gonsoulin of IMAC Unlimited class fame attended and flew a Funtana in Advanced. Second place. The Funtana couldn't quite cope with the wind against a Valiant with a YS 170 in Jon's hands; BUT, Ryan can fly pattern, no mistake. He could be a top contender in FAI if he chose to put forth the effort. He knows how to center maneuvers, how to center rolls on lines, knows where the box is and flies it all at 150 meters. This was a raiding party sent out by IMAC!!!!

Another factoid; Bryan Strachan flying FAI. He took second. Mike Harrison was flying a backup plane and had some trouble, leaving early, but Bryan was in there. He's anticipating competing for a spot on the TEAM as a Junior member. Keep an eye on him!

Two of my previously owned airplanes were there; a Patriot 3D in Matt Fredericks hands (3rd Advanced) and a Shinden in Rene Grebe's hands. Of the five pilots that completed all six rounds in Advanced, all had their keeper rounds in the 900's, three pilots winning at least one round. A healthy class again this year.

My personal thanks to the ABRC team helping with the contest; Barney Miller and girlfriend Christine with concessions and field maintenance, Matt Fredericks with field maintenance, Steve Perrone cooking hamburgers, Brandon Landry with the scoring and Friday night fish fry, Nick Musco cooking the fantastic crawfish, Jim Thompson with Judging, Tommy Golson with Judging, my co-CD Bryan Hebert rebuilding planes for contestants and supporting me where I needed it.

I think we will do it again!!!!

Brian Clemmons