RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   RCU Upgrades (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/11573580-rcu-upgrades.html)

CGRetired 07-18-2013 02:48 PM

RCU Upgrades

There will be a major RCU upgrade in the upcoming days. There may be times when the FORUMS will not be available and times when RCU itself will not be available. I will notify everyone when this is eminent and when it is completed. From what I have been told, this will happen early on Monday and may continue for the rest of the day, perhaps for one or two more days. I will let you know as things progress and when RCU is back up for normal operations. Please - be patient when this upgrade takes place.

Thank you for understanding.

CGretired
Beginners and Pattern Forum Moderator.

dbacque 07-18-2013 06:40 PM

RE: RCU Upgrades

Nice to know ahead of time that it's coming. Thanks for the heads up and hope things work out well.

Dave

pvogel 07-18-2013 07:38 PM

Hope the upgrade supports tapatalk!

CGRetired 07-19-2013 01:52 AM

What is "tapatalk"?

MTK 07-19-2013 02:51 AM

ORIGINAL: CGRetired

What is "tapatalk"?
What you do before you "Tap a thigh high"

CGRetired 07-19-2013 04:10 AM

Ok. Whatever that is.

pvogel 07-19-2013 04:20 AM

Tapatalk is a forum app for mobile devices that is much nicer than using the mobile browser. Most forums these days support it, RCU doesn't.

CGRetired 07-19-2013 04:42 AM

Thanks.

This might be a suggestion to the powers to be for a future update. I'll pass it on.

CGr.

CGRetired 07-22-2013 09:31 AM

RCU ia currently installing the upgrade to the new system. If you are having problems with the site, please be patient. This may take a day or two to complete.

CGRetired
Moderator - Beginners, Pattern Forums

MTK 07-23-2013 05:46 AM

RCU ia currently installing the upgrade to the new system. If you are having problems with the site, please be patient. This may take a day or two to complete.

CGRetired
EDIT capability long term or on any previous posts has disappeared. Is that part of the upgrade??

Also, it seems that certain syntax has also disappeared...spaces, paragraph breaks, etc....I'm redoing this post to check

It seems that only the current post one has just posted is editable and only while one is working on a specific thread. Once you move on, you can't edit earlier posts

MTK 07-23-2013 05:53 AM

ORIGINAL: MTK

CGRetired
EDIT capability long term or on any previous posts has disappeared. Is that part of the upgrade??

Also, it seems that certain syntax has also disappeared...spaces, paragraph breaks, etc....I'm redoing this post to check

It seems that only the current post one has just posted is editable and only while one is working on a specific thread. Once you move on, you can't edit earlier posts
Managed to edit the previous post a couple times. Spaces and paragraph breaks that I placed in the post through editing, actually worked this time....

CGRetired 07-24-2013 12:09 PM

We just got the word that IB software will push the upgrade this weekend. As you can probably imagine, the planned upgrade that was scheduled for last week did not happen. There were some technical issues and IB software did not want to put an unstable system on line.

The latest word is that they will start on Friday, 7/26. They are going to put the forums on a "read-only" status until completed. They expect that it will take the weekend and all should be back to normal on Monday. So, as of Friday, the system will be read-only, which means that no new posts will be allowed.

Please be patient this weekend. From what I understand, the new system will be much nicer.

CGRetired
Moderator.

CGRetired 07-24-2013 04:34 PM

Correction. Yes, another one. You WILL be able to post in the forums.

Again, if something pops up, I'll keep everyone informed.

CGRetired.

jonlowe 07-30-2013 05:38 AM

EDIT function seems to have disappeared again. Any hope it will reappear soon?

CGRetired 07-30-2013 06:52 AM

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll pass that on in the Moderators Forum.

CGr.

CGRetired 07-30-2013 11:25 AM

Jon: I asked the powers to be about the edit function. He said that they (the software engineers) turned that feature off until the update is installed. I guess it somehow affects how things work that they don't want happening. but it will be turned on after the update is competed next week. We, mods, cannot edit either so if you need something edited, I guess you have to re-post.

Dick.

CGRetired 07-31-2013 01:54 AM

Ken told me that the software folks forgot to turn on editing so they turned it on. But editing can only take place for the first minute after the post has been sent. That will get fixed back to 60 days soon.

Dick.

IBobi 08-06-2013 03:32 PM

Be sure to report upgrade issues in the proper thread or they may not get seen and revolved:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/foru...orum-here.html

Thank you!