RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   post some pictures of your pattern plane!! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/1157858-post-some-pictures-your-pattern-plane.html)

Rune 10-04-2003 09:34 AM

RE: post some pictures of your pattern plane!!

Hi!
forgot some details!
fuse about 199 cm wingspan 190 cm
engine OS 140RX.
fuse all balsa\foam\ply\fiberglass belly pan
wing balsa\foam
plug in wing and stab
I was out of flying for about 13 years and bought one complet finished this spring and got the illness again!
so ended up with this for next season self designed and built!
Rune

swlarcham 10-04-2003 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished my 20 year old Joe Bridi Tweedy Bird
Irvine 25 wt 3#11oz

Eddie

ramcfarland 10-04-2003 11:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both are Ron Chidgy designed Tiger Tails ,the orange trimmed is built from the 1971 Model Airplane News plan; during that era Model Airplane News published a full construction article of each successive AMA nationals winner,this 'pattern ship' being the 1971 Nats winner. During those times designs were changing rapidly,so it was exciting to read successive construction articles on Nats winners during that era-- I still have this version (going on 20 years now.) the other is the last version the Tiger Tail IV- built in 1999 at that time I could not locate a YS, so I selected the 91 FX . The IV is currently being flown but a Dave Patrick Ultimate W/OS160 FX will be it's successor and my first IMAC airplane .

splais 10-05-2003 12:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, now that the tail is fixed I can post a pic of my plane.

mc71 10-05-2003 05:29 PM

Remember splais, pattern planes are not footballs.

Matt

francois118 10-06-2003 05:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My Bellair

SwampFlier-RCU 10-06-2003 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
These are a couple of Pictures of my soon to be finished Swallow EX, with an Irvine .72 on a tuned pipe from Just Engines

Rendegade 10-06-2003 08:18 PM

Hmmm that BELLAIR is a nice plane...

*covets BELLAIR*

SwampFlier, you'll like your swallow, but just as a stupid side comment, I'd ditch that glass landing gear, makes the plane look far too storky!

Pattern freak 10-08-2003 08:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hallo guys,

This is my Le Synergy,brand new i only have 16 flights on it.
We,the Aruba gang!! went to Pensacola for the District 3 Championship,two weeks ago.
Unfortunately,i got some sort of radio interference on my landing approach and the plane just nose dived to the ground.
Well,here she is three weeks ago.

krispaternflyer 10-09-2003 09:44 PM

The silhouette 3 is the newest version of Alfred Pyes basically. with the wider fuse cut wings and slid up cnopy. Lamar made some changes to the gear and now is with a swept back gear. Ummm I can't think of anything else at the moment. How does your fly??

Kris Kovanda

Chris-B-chips 10-10-2003 04:39 AM

krispatternflyer
do have any pictures of the sillhouette 3?? this plane sounds very interesting.

krispaternflyer 10-10-2003 06:32 AM

this kit is still being worked, I should have it in about a month.

Kris Kovanda

Chris-B-chips 10-10-2003 04:44 PM

hey guys my computer seems to be showing a whole tone of deleted posts. what about yours?

mups53 10-10-2003 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Until 2 weeks ago this was my new Piedmont Temptation. A really sweet machine I mean she was. I had a Webra 145AAR with an MC carb and a Webra pipe and it was a great combination. I miss her bad. Mike

Troy Newman 10-10-2003 08:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oscar I like the color scheme on the little airplane...

looks familar.....That guy has got some good taste.....:D

Andrew Burgdorf 10-11-2003 05:46 AM

Own design. Mintor 170, JR radio, 4.7kg's

Bob Pastorello 10-12-2003 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Newest bird - Zimpro Viper 2M, FAI, FG...w/Mintor 1.70, JR digitals, Bolly EQ140R, 10lbs, 1oz, RTF.

rc-sport 10-12-2003 08:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My CA Widebody 60, is it wrong for a man to falll in love with a plane?

uav-oscar 10-12-2003 02:57 PM

:D Dear Troy,
you gave me a very good color scheme idea for my 90 size model....I saw your plane pic. from centralhobbies web page and I try to copy it[&:] ....I hope you did not angry but really nice finishing ;)

Thanks
Oscar

bokuda 10-13-2003 04:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just completed Typhoon 2000. Have some problems with it and probably will not fly 'til spring.

Troy Newman 10-15-2003 11:54 PM

Hey I don't mind a bit.

I was once told the ultimate form of tribute is to copy or emulate someone else's ideas.

Besides like I said good taste!

My color scheme has evolved to suit me and my flying style. The colors and the change in colors have importance to me. Besides My scheme was originally based on CPLR's Topline back in 97' and the Alliance in 99'.

I changed the colors and some of the shapes a little to suit me and my style.

Troy Newman

uav-oscar 10-18-2003 01:03 AM

:D Thanks Troy,

I think the hardest part of your design : cutting and prepare of the wing colour film as a CPLR's design..I use ORACOVER film but later I understand that ORASTICK ( it stick itself then I use iron) much easier for it... Which type of covering material you use it??
Also please have a look to my new post ( best fuel for ys dz?)... as you always use ys dz engines..I want to learn your fuel selection?
Thanks
Oscar

KeithB 10-22-2003 02:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of my Aries. This is my first pattern plane. I built it from a kit produced by www.AeroSlave.com. Aries #2 is on the workbench now.

Troy Newman 10-22-2003 04:27 PM

I use all Ultracote....same material as Oracover in the non-USA markets.

They are separate pieces all over wood with about 1/8" overlap everywhere...It ends up being a little more overlap in some places but min of about 1/8"....Its all the std iron on material and none of it is the sticky back stuff.

Fuel for a DZ

Cool Power 30% Heli Pro

TN

Robermonti 10-24-2003 02:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
:D This is my Larimar >> PL Prod >> YS 140 L.

[&:]More information of my planes at my website:
[link]http://www.geocities.com/rmontielweb[/link]

Flyboy Dave 10-31-2003 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't have a modern (real) pattern plane....I fly this old stuff, cause
I love the way they fly....:D

Me and my Big Dirty Birdy
Under side BDB
My beloved Super Kaos
My new Arresti

Dave. :D

Kurt P 11-03-2003 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
also older planes, love the way they fly too
Mk Aurora
Omega
??

TOYMAKER 11-03-2003 01:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aries and Entropy "AeroSlave kits"

10 pt landing at the Hot Springs contest.

CAM2 11-03-2003 02:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
XLT-

tschmidt 11-07-2003 11:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
DEFIANT.

Chris-B-chips 11-08-2003 02:29 AM

love the defiant!:D

Gregg G 11-11-2003 02:48 PM

Hey Todd,
Can you give us some information on your Defiant?
Thanks

tschmidt 11-11-2003 05:24 PM

The Defiant is my own design..

Fuse: 78"
Wingspan: 76"
Power: YS140L
weight: 10 pounds 6oz.

I have molds for the fuselage and cut my own wings and stab (foam, balsa covered) which are on carbon tubes. The fuselage is Carbon, kevlar, and foam.

The Defiant pictured is the first out of my molds that I flew in Advanced this season. I'm happy with its performance as it helped me do well this year. (snaps very well)

I'm currently in the finish stage of a second that will have a slightly smaller wing with a thicker and wider stab. It will be interesting to see how it compares..

If you have other questions feel free to inquire, thanks for your interest

Todd

Ryan Smith 11-25-2003 05:56 PM

Gregory,

Do you remember what the name of the font that you used on the side of your Synergy was? I really like it.

Rendegade 11-25-2003 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, after much phaffing arounf my pattern ship is back on the tarmac and it's been fully Gregged!

CERBERUS..

Ryan Smith 11-26-2003 12:09 AM

Pretty airplane Renegade, who makes it?

And, I'm sorry I'm bringing up so much old stuff in this thread but this question (it's turned into an exposition now that I've started to write it) is for Troy. I have loved the Smaragd since Quqiue first got his in 2000 and being a friend of his I get to see him fly alot and I liked the way the Smaragd flew from day one. I guess this has rubbed off on all the guys at my field, cause everyone except me has one [:o]. I am flying a Hydeout right now and I will be competing in Intermediate this year but I can't help but think ahead into my next pattern plane.

The general consensus at my field is that the Smaragd Z is a fantastic flying airplane, but that it flys drastically different from the Hydeout and the rudder is a whole lot stronger. I am also kinda partial to the Hyde designs, I guess since the Hydeout is my first pattern plane I have some emotional attachment to it, but I like the Hydeaway as well. This is where your expertise would come in handy. What are your general impressions with either plane as far as flying qualities are concerned and from a maintainance/ease of building standpoint. With both designs being close to the same construction, I would imagine that wouldn't differ too much. I'm a little worried about the maintainance because I'll be going to college next fall and I probably won't have as much time to fiddle around with working on them.

Anyway, sorry I have to be so long winded about it and babble on and on, but I look foreward to hearing from you. I appreciate it!

bokuda 11-27-2003 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of my Typhoon 2000.

sigk 12-02-2003 04:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my Supra Fly with a Super Tigre 2500

Troy Newman 12-02-2003 05:52 PM

The Hydeaway is a good flying model also. I found that the differences were not that great.

The Smaragd is a superb model as well. If you like the Hydeout then the Hydeaway will be an improvement and also a similar design.

I have found for me a More mid wing model like the Smaragd suits me better. I was having trouble switching between the Smaragd Z and the Hydeaway as one is a more midwing and the other is a more low wing model.

After flying the Smaragds for a couple years I began to really like the models layout compared to the Hydeaway.

Personally I think you could fly either equally well. I flew the Smaragd at the Team Trials and the Hydeaway at the NATs just 3 weeks later. So its a wash when it comes right down to it. The Hydeaway is a little better kit. And things fit together better on the Zn kits. Plus they are a little cheaper than the PL stuff.

If you are interested I would call up Central and get a Hydeaway on order...I think they have some coming in around Christmas.

As for me I'm going to be playing around a little with a new model design that I am working on with a friend on. Also going to be flying the ZN Supreme for next season. Its a plug in wing model from ZN and looks like it has some good qualities as well.

There are lots of good models it is a matter how well they are set them up.

Troy

Rendegade 12-02-2003 08:33 PM

SigK, you made me cry, I miss my Supra Fly...[:o]