RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   1st Annual Bear Mountain Flyers Pattern Showdown Arvin, CA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/11614356-1st-annual-bear-mountain-flyers-pattern-showdown-arvin-ca.html)

slampert 03-08-2015 09:53 PM

1st Annual Bear Mountain Flyers Pattern Showdown Arvin, CA

1 Attachment(s)
Greetings All,

This April, the action in D-7 returns to Arvin, CA for the 1st Annual Bear Mountain Flyers Pattern Showdown. Join us on April 18th & 19th, at one of southern California's premier flying facilities for two days of nonstop pattern action. Directions to our field can be found at http://bearmountainflyers.net/directions

We'll be flying all AMA classes plus FAI Silver with trophies awarded to third place. Please check out the attached flyer for all of the contest details.

Our club is pulling out all the stops to produce a truly first class event. For those attending from out of town, we want to give you more reasons to make the trip than just great weather. Our field will be open and available for dawn to dusk practice for days prior to the event. To make things a bit more civilized, we've obtained a group discount at the Hampton Inn (on route 58 in Bakersfield) which offers superior accommodations at an affordable price. Please be sure to reference the Bear Mountain Pattern Event when booking.

That's it for now, please make your reservations early for what promises to be one of the highlights of the contest season.....!

slampert 03-19-2015 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello again,

We're now closing in on a month prior to the contest and things are coming together !

The big news is we've added classic pattern to the mix on Saturday and the plan is to fly 3 rounds in all classes. Robert Fish will be coordinating classic pattern activities.

I've attached an updated contest flyer which includes Robert's contact info, and additional information on our group rate at the Hampton Suites Hotel in Bakersfield. Please let us know immediately if you encounter any difficulty in securing the group rate.

That's it for now. We'll be providing updates as necessary as we get closer to the big event....[ATTACH]2082494[/IMG]

JSchoolcraft 03-20-2015 06:25 AM

Hey Steve the sign up list doesn't seem to be updating properly since the addition of Classic.

Surefire 03-20-2015 06:34 AM

Jamie - What is the issue? I look at the contest and click on attendees and I think I see all of your names.

Thanks,

JSchoolcraft 03-20-2015 06:55 AM

Only names on the list are you and Dale. This is for the Arvin Contest. Just checked on two different computers.

Surefire 03-20-2015 07:19 AM

Even after you clicked on attendees? i only see Dale and I until I click that. I will ask our webmaster!

Thanks,

KLXMASTER14 03-20-2015 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by JSchoolcraft (Post 12006594)
Only names on the list are you and Dale. This is for the Arvin Contest. Just checked on two different computers.

Same here.

Robert

KLXMASTER14 03-20-2015 07:29 AM

Classic pattern info posted to claassic forums on RCU/RCG

1 Attachment(s)
The Bear Mountain Flyers presents the 1st annual Wild West Pattern Showdown, April 18th & 19th, at the Bear Mountain Flyers field in Arvin, Ca. This is a combined AMA/FAI/Classic pattern contest. All CPA classes will be flown Saturday only. That makes this a one day event for the Classic side. Entry fee is $20, $10 if you are also flying AMA/FAI. Please pre-register on the NSRCA website:
http://nsrca.us/index.php/d7-contest-schedule/2015 Click on the Arvin contest in the "Register" column, and fill out the information. Pre-registration is greatly appreciated, it helps a lot with planning and set-up.
Awards to 3rd place. Lunch will be available at the field both days for a nominal fee.
See attached flyer for camping and lodging information. Also see club website:
http://bearmountainflyers.net/
for directions to the field. This is an AMA sanctioned event, AMA is required. CPA membership is not required. Pilot's meeting @8:30 AM, Wheels up @9:00 AM. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Hope to see you there!

Robert

KLXMASTER14 03-20-2015 07:30 AM

Change in the Pre-Novice pattern

1 Attachment(s)
Pre-Novice pilots- We will be substituting "One Horizontal Roll" for the "Traffic Pattern Approach". This will make the pattern more similar to Novice pattern. Please see attached call card for the new pattern. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Robert

OhD 03-21-2015 12:42 PM

Still can't see who's attending. Maybe we need to put the list up here.

Jim

Winged Fox 03-22-2015 05:51 AM

Im in! both AMA and CPA for Arvin. Just checked the NSRCA website and it's still not working?

Donald

Surefire 03-23-2015 08:35 AM

Should be fixed now. I see all of the registered pilots now. Thanks Derek!

JSchoolcraft 03-23-2015 09:48 AM

Yep! It's fixed. Thank you!!

MemoBill 03-25-2015 10:53 AM

What sequences will the FAI Silver class fly. P15 on Saturday and the 2015 Masters on Sunday
or P15 on both days?

KLXMASTER14 03-25-2015 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by MemoBill (Post 12010155)
What sequences will the FAI Silver class fly. P15 on Saturday and the 2015 Masters on Sunday
or P15 on both days?

Bill,
FAI Silver will be P15 both days.

Robert

Derek.Koopowitz 03-25-2015 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Surefire (Post 12008652)
Should be fixed now. I see all of the registered pilots now. Thanks Derek!

You are welcome... we just need to keep the keyboard out of your hands for now. ;)

pvogel 03-29-2015 06:00 PM

Always a great romp! With other obligations finally behind me, this will be my first contest of the year, totally looking forward to it!

We'll be using the electronic scribe for both (AMA & Classic) contests.

See you all there!

slampert 03-30-2015 02:52 PM

That's great news Peter ! I'm sure everyone will be glad to see you and happy to get back to using the Scribe !

OhD 03-31-2015 12:15 PM

I'd like to personally invite all the old guys, and the young ones too, to come and fly FAI P-15 with one of the oldest (maybe the oldest) Pattern Animals in captivity. We're going to have a great time.

Jim O

slampert 04-06-2015 03:06 PM

***Event Updates***

Please preregister:
With less than two weeks to go, we’re expecting a pretty good turnout. If you haven’t yet pre-registered, please take a moment to do so. An accurate head count will really help us to better plan the event and get things moving smoothly on Saturday morning.

Hampton Hotel special rate:
Our contact person, Guadaloupe, has left the Hampton Hotel, however the preferred rate discount is still available. When booking, please ask for either Will or Robbie. They will be happy to assist.
***Late Breaking News***

It’s back ! By popular demand….Saturday night dinner & fun fly !
Following the conclusion of Saturday’s contest activities, you’re invited to extend your day and join your friends and fellow flyers at the field, under the stars, for an evening of organized chaos consisting of:

• Dinner: Highlighted by world famous Tri Tip by Dale. Our very own Dale O has agreed to lend his considerable culinary skills and will be manning the grill in the preparation of a dinner sure to delight foodies of every persuasion. Edible donations are welcome. A nominal fee will be charged.

• Carrier Craze: Find out if you have what it takes to land your fixed wing foamie (or equivalent) within a 5x3 area in 90 seconds. A special prize will be awarded to the winner. Ties will be broken by time then number of attempts.
  • Fun fly: If it’s kinda small and it fly’s, bring it ! Lights are a plus. There’s nothing like watching your creation navigate the still air at dusk at the Bear Mountain field.

OhD 04-09-2015 11:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
New addition should help pilots and judges determine what a 45 degree line looks like.

TonyF 04-09-2015 08:46 PM

Might be nice for practice. Not sure a pilot could use it at all during a contest flight. Should help the locals! Not a big fan of using something during a contest that is not in the rulebook.

KLXMASTER14 04-10-2015 06:22 AM

Is there one for both flight lines?

Robert

OhD 04-10-2015 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by KLXMASTER14 (Post 12019976)
Is there one for both flight lines?

Robert

The one on the other flight line is not the same. I do not see them when I am flying so I don't think the pilots will use them when flying but who knows. They are not a distraction.

Jim O

TonyF 04-10-2015 05:44 PM

Here is my concern. I think they are a great idea to use in practice for both the pilots and the judges, along with callers and coaches. I think I might make up the same for the Tailwinds field. Love the concept. What I disagree with is using them during the contest. I can see the box with the painted lines and the poles. I can make a good estimate of my distance and height. So can the judges. All is fine. Now if these are used in the contest you now have something the pilot cannot use but the judges can. But it is not in the rules.