RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   RC Plane Stand (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/4378450-rc-plane-stand.html)

jasonkim514 06-11-2006 02:23 PM

RC Plane Stand

I was wondering what most pattern flyers use when it comes to plane stands. If your looking for a nice looking stand, check this place out. [link=http://www.rcpatternsdirect.com]www.rcpatternsdirect.com[/link] checkout the gallery for more photos.

fancman 06-11-2006 03:51 PM

RE: RC Plane Stand

No way is that stand worth $250.00. I could buy a truck load of PVC and foam for that much money. ....enough to make 20 such stands. :D

ORIGINAL: jasonkim514

I was wondering what most pattern flyers use when it comes to plane stands. If your looking for a nice looking stand, check this place out. [link=http://www.rcpatternsdirect.com]www.rcpatternsdirect.com[/link] checkout the gallery for more photos.

Mastertech 06-11-2006 04:30 PM

Not worth it to you perhaps, I bet they sell a bunch of them so sometome thinks they're worth it.

jasonkim514 06-11-2006 06:55 PM

did you guys chekout the gallery? [link=http://rcpatternsdirect.com/gallery.html]http://rcpatternsdirect.com/gallery.html[/link]

Gringo Flyer 06-11-2006 07:37 PM

I agree with fancman. Its a nice looking stand but $250 WOW!!!

Did you buy one Jason?

BillB 06-11-2006 09:36 PM

$250?!?!? You have to be kidding!! I built one from a piece of 1 1/2" pink foam that was in the dumpster at a construction site. After cutting out the opening at each end for the fuse I hung a piece of old towel over each end. I've been using it for three years and it's in great shape!

UK_Flyer 06-12-2006 02:59 AM

$250 - You sure thats not a typo

Maybe you could post the plans & dimensions for others to use, . . . . . . . . . then we can cut it from foam :-)

fancman 06-12-2006 05:58 AM

For $250.00 they better come to my house and custom build the stand to fit my airplane. I seriously doubt they sell many of these stands at that price.

ORIGINAL: twtaylor

Not worth it to you perhaps, I bet they sell a bunch of them so sometome thinks they're worth it.

snap_roll 06-12-2006 07:16 AM

WOW $250 bucks, i bought my aircraft stand for less than $25 bucks from singapore hobby, but seriously, its a nice stand, not worth the price tho[&:]

jquid 06-12-2006 11:41 AM

For $250, birch and plywood? Tell you what I will make you one, and sell it to you for $175. Maybe $250 if it was composite, and made coffee in the morning, but....

pattern addict 06-12-2006 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Guys I bought this stand recently and it came to my house. It seriously is a beautiful stand. I guess you can say its not worth it but i seriously love this. I think its covered in carbon fiber or some kind of composite. It's beautiful. Completely fuel proof and the inside compartment is layered with some epoxy. The two tone foam is beautiful too. I took some pictures of the one I recieved. I took a picture of the entire stand, the compartment below, and a up close picture of the actual material. Couldn't get it as detailed as I wished. The stand seems to fit any plane I have cuz of the ummm "double groove" thing.

ElectRick 06-12-2006 01:13 PM

Looks like it would appeal to the pattern flyer who already has everything, including a wad of extra cash burning a hole in his wallet. :D

Gotta love PVC and pipe insulation.

Rick

bla bla 06-12-2006 01:26 PM

Congratulations... infact an F'ing standing ovation to RC Pattern Direct for selling one!
I've never seen a sales strategy based on the "There's one born every minute" theory.

fancman 06-12-2006 01:48 PM

That's so cruel.....but so true. :D :D :D :D

dhawks 06-12-2006 02:29 PM

$250 for a stand that still requires you to get on your knees to work on the plane?

bla bla 06-12-2006 03:12 PM

So what you're saying is that when you ask the price of the stand, the RC Pattern Direct representitive says... " bend over and I'll show you."

ORIGINAL: dhawks

$250 for a stand that still requires you to get on your knees to work on the plane?

n444bm 06-12-2006 03:54 PM

If quality is what your looking for take a look here:
http://www.c3gm.com/product.php?id=8

I've had one for 3 years and can't say enough about it. It is available as a kit or completed. Beautiful wood and superb fit of all parts.
I have no interest in the company, just recognize quality when i see it and receive it.

n444bm

Barye 06-12-2006 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a stand made out of plexiglass nicknamed plexigold

boosted180 06-12-2006 04:36 PM

very nice stand. if bill gates was into r/c he'd probably get one. but the "average joe" modeler out there would never spend $250 on an airplane stand! especially when you can make one yourself for like $10 bucks worth of parts from home depot.....

can773 06-12-2006 05:04 PM

mmm...you can scratch a pattern plane for <$1000 easily....yet people still go out and buy >$3000 models (which are not worth it IMO....read the latest Shadow thread), which work no better than the scratch built one.

Cmon you guys...give the guy a break. He has a product and trying to sell it.....if you dont like what he is asking DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

Mastertech 06-12-2006 05:52 PM

ORIGINAL: can773

mmm...you can scratch a pattern plane for <$1000 easily....yet people still go out and buy >$3000 models (which are not worth it IMO....read the latest Shadow thread), which work no better than the scratch built one.

Cmon you guys...give the guy a break. He has a product and trying to sell it.....if you dont like what he is asking DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly !!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Bob Violet Jets are worth the asking price, but then again I don't fly jets. To each his own. The $350 fuel jug for gas that became a thread awhile back the same things were said, I noticed more than a few of them when I went to Joe Nall.

rainedave 06-12-2006 10:12 PM

As and ex-cabinetmaker, I'm shocked that for $250 the edges of the plywood are not capped with wood strips. Even my $18 bookcase from Rose's has vinyl wood veneer tape glued along the edges of the shelves so you can't see the particle board. Still, aside from that omission, it is a sharp looking product and everyone has a right to spend their money the way they want.

Gringo Flyer 06-13-2006 10:17 AM

I think this whole posts seems fishy. The guy who bought one and is talking about how great it is does it on his first post????? Makes you think:eek:

jquid 06-13-2006 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: Gringo Flyer

I think this whole posts seems fishy. The guy who bought one and is talking about how great it is does it on his first post????? Makes you think:eek:
Agreed,

He posted in another thread about Field stands, the same 2 posts- what about this place?, and did you check their gallery?

Most likely you will be giving him your $250 bones.

petec 06-13-2006 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: rainedav

As and ex-cabinetmaker, I'm shocked that for $250 the edges of the plywood are not capped with wood strips. Even my $18 bookcase from Rose's has vinyl wood veneer tape glued along the edges of the shelves so you can't see the particle board. Still, aside from that omission, it is a sharp looking product and everyone has a right to spend their money the way they want.
A friend of mine makes these and sells them for $40.

I'll admit they don't have CF facing on them but I can think of a few things to spend the $210 savings.