RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   OXAI announced new Zeque (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/4639072-oxai-announced-new-zeque.html)

Colani 08-18-2006 01:12 PM

OXAI announced new Zeque

1 Attachment(s)
OXAI announced new Zeque
Wingspan:1850mm
Length:1990mm
Wing area:66.13dm
Weight:2300g
http://www.oxai-rc.com/index.asp

j woodward 08-18-2006 10:34 PM

RE: OXAI announced new Zeque

Plane looks awesome! Is the canopy in the same spot on both models (in flight photo versus new kit)? It is nice to see the Japanese models becoming availble.

Thanks,
Jim W.

gene webber 08-18-2006 11:02 PM

Yea, for about 10 million dollars!

Gene

Ryan Smith 08-18-2006 11:05 PM

That is one TALL fuse. My goodness. Good looking airplane, however.

Adamg-RCU 08-18-2006 11:33 PM

Definitely on my 'I'd fly it' list.

Pattern_is_Fun 08-19-2006 01:32 AM

Ok, I'll buck the trend... I don't like the canopy, looks to small to me, and the fuselage lines ??? not crazy about that either.

sc

can773 08-19-2006 10:25 AM

Pictures dont do the Zeque justice....imo definately one of the sexiest pattern planes of all time.

A couple more shots

http://leaute.s.free.fr/cdm/cdm_2005_big_002.jpg

http://leaute.s.free.fr/cdm/cdm_2005_grd_008.jpg

Doug Cronkhite 08-19-2006 10:35 AM

That's really nice. Any ideas on weights?

Gregg G 08-19-2006 12:03 PM

Like the clear canopy, hate the landing gear

bla bla 08-19-2006 12:05 PM

That is a wonderful looking plane, check out the web page pics. Just leave the credit cards in another room.

SCJ 08-19-2006 12:35 PM

Doug,

They show 2300g on their web site. That's about 81 ounces or 5.06 lbs

bla bla 08-19-2006 01:17 PM

ORIGINAL: SCJ

Doug,

They show 2300g on their web site. That's about 81 ounces or 5.06 lbs
I think that maybe, possibly theres a little teeny chance we'll need to add a radio and even an engine to that wieght.
Now I'm not a mind reader but i've got a vission that it'll turn out just inside the legal wieght.
Let's wait and see if my vission is correct.

target1024 08-19-2006 01:21 PM

WOW Nice

My guess is that is an airframe only weight. Should translate into 10.5lbs flying. I like the clear canopy better but the Oxai version from the website shows a painted canopy.

Very cool. I have seen the Pinnacle fly in the hands of a very good pilot. It looks as great in the air as on the ground. I wish Troy would sell me his? Hey man you listening?

Gregg G 08-19-2006 04:55 PM

Sam,
Are you going to import these?
Greg

SCJ 08-19-2006 05:17 PM

Greg,

If you guys want them we will bring them in.

bla bla 08-20-2006 10:19 AM

How does one deal the the engine mount situation with these models... aren't they designed to fit that awful soft mount?
What does one do if one wants to use a traditional Hyde and a nose ring set up?
Shurely we don't have to start hacking about doing a home modification?
Can this be factury specified?

This is a very, very wonderful looking airplane.
(Well the painted canopy version is)
I'm deparate to find logical reasons not to order.

Troy Newman 08-20-2006 02:10 PM

Depends on the model. The Naruke models are setup and built around what Naruke wants. This includes paint, weight and everything to Naruke's specs. Naruke uses the Yamada mount. Therefore, the Naruke models produced by Oxai are setup with beams for the Yamada mount.

The Pinnacle's that come into the USA and I would assume all Pinnacle models are built with a firewall that is aimed at a Hyde Mount. Oxai also produces some accessories that will mount to a firewall and adapt to the Yamada mount.

The new Suzuki model is still a bit of a mystery as far as details just yet. The photos are up and it looks like they have produced the "first one" or first few and these are going to Suzuki for testing. Suzuki used the Yamada mount on his Worlds 05 models. I would assume the OXAI vaersion is setup the same way. If he keeps the tight quality control standards that Naruke has then it will come this way and this way only. From my experience in seeing the Yamada mount in action its a good option. I have not run one and its a bit expensive compared to the Hyde.

Oxai is working on some new models and new designs so more details with follow. I think its awesome that they are working with top pilots like Mr. Naruke, Suzuki, and the Matt Team. This will produce better and better models along with keeping the high standards that OXAI has already set.

Troy

team3d 08-21-2006 09:29 AM

Looks very cool. I do love that look though. I agree with most of
you that oxai planes are expensive, but they are the best planes
money can buy for this type of work on the market. I think a Axi 5330/18
would do great on this. What props are they using on these? Is Central hobbies
going to sell these? I hope so. This is also on my "Gotta Fly List" Looks like a
fun plane. Does anyone have pictures of the inside of it?

Thanks,
Team3d

gene webber 08-21-2006 07:28 PM

OK, you guys are right, that is one bad to the bone flying machine. I want one really bad.

BTW, I was wrong, the price is not 10 million dollars: it's $3495.00 usd. Might as well be 10 million!

Is bowling a good hobby?

Gene

Clavy 08-21-2006 09:25 PM

"the price is not 10 million dollars: it's $3495.00 usd."

And as my friend's wife once said, "That doesn't even include the insides!"

Clay

Mike Wiz 08-22-2006 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Clavy

"the price is not 10 million dollars: it's $3495.00 usd."

And as my friend's wife once said, "That doesn't even include the insides!"

Clay
Wow, that's cheap at twice the price. I'll take two........in my dreams.

tommy s 08-22-2006 08:02 AM

I think everyone agrees OXAI models are superb and everyone would like to have one, but
if you stop and think a minute it should be obvious to everyone just how rediculous it is to pay
that much for a model airplane. Come on people, this is still just a hobby not a contest to see who
can spend the most, and remember it can all self destruct in a split second.

tommy s

MHester 08-22-2006 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: tommy s

I think everyone agrees OXAI models are superb and everyone would like to have one, but
if you stop and think a minute it should be obvious to everyone just how rediculous it is to pay
that much for a model airplane. Come on people, this is still just a hobby not a contest to see who

tommy s
Tell that to the jet guys ;)

Oxais are the top drawer of pattern planes currently. ZN, the now dead PL etc don't even hold a candle in my opinion.

The only question is: would you pay that much for a pattern plane? You'd be suprised. Have a look at the Ultra RC Evolution and look at the problems they're having. That's why the cost is so high on Oxais. You may have a problem or two eventually (stuff happens) but you at least do get a sweet plane, and don't have those sort of problems.

I wouldn't pay that much for a plane, but then I am a builder and have my own thing going so take that with a grain of salt. As said in another thread, it is a builder's market right now.

BTW since the Oxais are made with balsa, does that make them "Uber Roaches"?

-Mike

Mike Wiz 08-22-2006 08:50 AM

Come on people, this is still just a hobby not a contest to see who
can spend the most.

tommy s
It's not? You could have fooled me. Tell that to the IMAC or turbine crowd. Actually, I don't begrudge those people at all. If they can afford those planes and it makes them happy, that's what it's all about. I have a friend who's bass boat and stuff cost as much as a whole hangar full of 40% planes and jets. If we are honest with ourselves I'll bet most of us fly as expensive of a plane as we can afford too.

can773 08-22-2006 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: MHester

tommy s
Tell that to the jet guys ;)

Oxais are the top drawer of pattern planes currently. ZN, the now dead PL etc don't even hold a candle in my opinion.

The only question is: would you pay that much for a pattern plane? You'd be suprised. Have a look at the Ultra RC Evolution and look at the problems they're having. That's why the cost is so high on Oxais. You may have a problem or two eventually (stuff happens) but you at least do get a sweet plane, and don't have those sort of problems.

I wouldn't pay that much for a plane, but then I am a builder and have my own thing going so take that with a grain of salt. As said in another thread, it is a builder's market right now.

BTW since the Oxais are made with balsa, does that make them "Uber Roaches"?

-Mike

In case you missed it....ZN models have won the past 4 world champs....and in '03 Poland over 50% of the models were PL. In fact there was not a single Oxai model in the finals at either the 2005 Worlds (the Matts flew PL's in '05), or the 2006 US Nats.

Oxai is a nice model for sure (I would love to have a Zeque), but to say ZN or PL dont hold a candle to them is waaaay off base.

Anyone who thinks they need to spend $3495 to get a "top drawer" model is just plain wrong. The Twisters we brought in from ZN cost about $1500cnd give or take to build/paint/cover (plus equipment), and I would put it up for flying quality against anything out there. Sure you gotta build it right, but thats relatively simple for anyone who has done it before.