RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Futaba wishlist (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/6780319-futaba-wishlist.html)

Derek.Koopowitz 12-19-2007 09:40 PM

Futaba wishlist

Futaba is looking for some new product ideas for upcoming equipment and they are interested in seeing what ideas we all have for the pattern arena that could be new and inventive. This could be anything from updating current equipment to new product development.

If you could put some thoughts together in an email to me, I'll make sure that they're sent to Futaba USA's attention. I'll need to have this back no later than the end of the year!

Thanks!

p.s. No, this isn't an April Fools joke.

cmoulder 12-19-2007 09:52 PM

RE: Futaba wishlist

ORIGINAL: Derek.Koopowitz

Futaba is looking for some new product ideas for upcoming equipment and they are interested in seeing what ideas we all have for the pattern arena that could be new and inventive. This could be anything from updating current equipment to new product development.

If you could put some thoughts together in an email to me, I'll make sure that they're sent to Futaba USA's attention. I'll need to have this back no later than the end of the year!

Thanks!

p.s. No, this isn't an April Fools joke.
Well, first off they could stop *****footing around with the 2.4 Ghz system release dates. It's getting REALLY annoying.

And they could make their digital servos programmable, and make a programmer for them. LIKE HITEC HAS FOR A LONG TIME.

And they could make a couple of channels specially dedicated to dual elevator servos so that there is absolutely no lag between them. Of course, if they had programmable servos, this would help a lot.

dhal22 12-20-2007 07:10 AM

i just happened to glance at this thread. i've always wondered why so many planes are controlled with futaba radios and hitec servos. that explains a lot.

thanks, david

propnuter 12-20-2007 08:48 AM

Hi,

The radio's and receivers are far beyond the definition/resolution that metal geared servos can deliver.

How about some standard sized BLS servo's for aileron with Nylon gears ?
There is only one high torque/speed standard sized digital available with Nylon gears - 9151.

9650's with a tighter gear set would be nice. Also a 9550/9551 with Nylon gears would be great.

Thanks

Shane

Eggert 12-20-2007 09:24 AM

To Futaba :

Loose the colour touch screen on a new model MZ 14 and use the extra internal space to a larger batteri capacity .....And reduce the price of course.

jaycey 12-20-2007 10:00 AM

Receivers with built in regulators for use with lipos, switchable between 6v and 4.8v. built in optical isolators.
Transmitters that use SD memory instead on campacs, firmware that is upgradable. heated hand grips! USB conectivity for PC data analysis of stick movements etc and for trainer functions (buddy lead)
A new interlocking system for leads and receiver sockets, so that nothing can vibrate free and you dont need to use third party products.
Centre locking on servos for when you are installing linkages, horns etc.

Receiver to transmitter, transmitting of on board battery condition with alarm.
Servo self diagnosis through programmer.
Fibre optic transmition of signals throughout on board system.
Onboard fuel level transmition.

just some ideas!

Jason

Robbidos 12-20-2007 11:44 AM

1. Mid-size digital coreless servos, non-metalic tight gears, good centering (similar to JR 9411sa)
2. PC based software model file builder for 14MZ/12Z/12FG
3. Multiple antenna receiver system for 2.4Ghz (similar to Spektrum)
4. Receiver data logging system for 2.4Ghz
5. Tiny park flyer receiver for 2.4Ghz

bla bla 12-20-2007 12:22 PM

Optional Euro style transmitter, finger and thumbs only. B

serious power 12-20-2007 03:54 PM

See FX range as available from Robbe.

Gulliver 12-20-2007 03:56 PM

PC based programming system for 9C through 14MZ transmitters so that mcdel setup can be moved from transmitter to PC file and back again.

Along with user interface software to permit editing of model setup in PC.

BrunoCH 12-20-2007 05:22 PM

- Update the S9650 to eliminate the gear slop they have, even when brand new.
- In addition to the modules, offer the 14, 12 and 9 channel TX as stand alone 2.4 GHz systems.
- Make a standart size/weight high speed, good torque, good centering digital servo, non metalic gears, coreless or brushless.
- Lightweight 2.4 GHz micro receiver for foamies.

boysnake 12-21-2007 06:08 AM

A fully programmable 3 point switch on the sticks please.

Brdgs
Guttorm

martinoto 12-21-2007 11:30 AM

I would like to see better servos in the lower price range, like it used to be. There is a huge gap between S3001 and S9450, for instance. I would like a servo better than the S9001 in terms of speed and torque, and in the price range of the 30$-45$

Also, a separate kill engine button (ala Airtronics). I am tired to decided if the spring switch in my 9CAPS will be use for Traning, Engine or Snap.

And also (it's XMAS; I can ask for whatever..) at least one additional 3-postition fully programable switch.

Merry XMAS for all of you

Derek.Koopowitz 12-21-2007 12:53 PM

ORIGINAL: boysnake

Please explain this for me...

Aresti-RCU 12-21-2007 01:06 PM

Side sliders in the 12MZ is barely useable if you fly thumb and index fingers (because rest of your fingers rests in the upper back of the radio), you always keep bumping on them. Optional quick antenna disconnect plug (ala 14MZ) and shorter base loaded antenna could be handy

Programing splines (such as in the fuel mixture control) is cumbersome. I would like to have the option to define the first and last point of the curve and the radio "connect" the two dots with a line. Then I can change the points inside the line to the needed values.

Although not pattern related, Heli CCPM should be updated to consider two servos in the back and one in the front of the rotor.

Dean Pappas 12-21-2007 03:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Derek.Koopowitz

ORIGINAL: boysnake

Please explain this for me...
Hi Derek,
Some of the old European radios had this: a toggle switch placed right at the tip of the stick, so that thumb-and-forefinger flyers (me too) could have a switch at the ready without moving a hand off the stick. A spring-loaded toggle might be a good option here too, for stuff like electric brake enabled/disabled.

best regards,
Dean Pappas

boysnake 12-21-2007 05:12 PM

Optional sticks with a switch on top would be very usueful for those of us who don't play the piano very well:) Since this requires hollow sticks with cables inside the trick, at least commercially, would be to make them as "plug and play" as possible. Guess you have to sacrifice adjustable length, but they could be made fairly long to allow for individual taste. It's much easer to slide two fingers up the stick to reach a switch than to move the hand. Or maybe it's just me - still typing with two fingers and have to look at the keyboard.

Guttorm

serious power 12-22-2007 06:29 AM

Is already available from ROBBE and other stick top options.
Fits all FX's and MZ's .
These are Futaba parts so must be more widely available.

grcourtney 12-22-2007 09:08 AM

Bring back big fins and chrome bumpers!!!!

gary

GDAVIS 12-22-2007 01:23 PM

This may be too simple.....

We need a digital mini servo in a normal case. ie. S9650... Meaning without the extra mounting tabs-- or what ever they are-- . I -and hundreds of others- wouldn't have to buy

the JR 3421 when we use dual elevator servos in the stab.

ALSO WHEN A SERVO IS AT ' FACTORY CENTER' MANUFACTURE IT TO WHEN THE SERVO HORN IS ATTACHED SO THAT IT IS NOT ONE COG OFF EITHER WAY FROM 90 DEGREES

AND HAS TO BE SUB TRIMMED FOR AN EXACT 90 DEGREES.

GREG

Wildstyle 12-22-2007 03:55 PM

Pull finger with there 2.4GHz radios. e.g bring out a native 12FG, 12MZ instead of plugging in an ugly module.
Tight gear train digital servos, helical cut plastic gears maybe, If Hitec can do it I'm sure Futaba can.
Servos that can handle 7.0v and upward with ease, I use JR digitals and they jitter on a freshly charged 5 cell pack

Last of all avoid that cheap, plastic transitter case feel, I mean you can feel the quality difference between a JR9303 and a Futaba9CAP, same deal when comparing a JR12X and a 14MZ
Futaba ergonomics aren't as good as JR, but I use a TX tray anyway.

ROGUE ROVER 01-02-2008 04:35 AM

For goodness sakes make the servos 6 volt compatible...JR have their servos compatible with 6.0 volt systems why dont the futaba servos???

you should also consider tripple rates on the 14MZ, like the JR 9 channel has, i have the 14 MZ and it still only has dual rates...c`mon guy`s !!

Your service to countries like Australia needs to be focused on before you start getting all innovative again... i have been waiting for a plastic drive gear for a Futabe 9250 for the last 4 months...its pathetic...why did`nt i go with the JR??

fifou313 01-02-2008 05:03 AM

I have a dream... A dream where Futaba produce a module that include 2.4Ghz and FM transmission.
When you start the 14Mz you can choice the type of frequency. Whith it I can still use my old receiver and I can enjoy with the new technology...
I hope one day my dream become true....

OhD 01-02-2008 12:55 PM

ORIGINAL: ROGUE ROVER

For goodness sakes make the servos 6 volt compatible...JR have their servos compatible with 6.0 volt systems why dont the futaba servos???

you should also consider tripple rates on the 14MZ, like the JR 9 channel has, i have the 14 MZ and it still only has dual rates...c`mon guy`s !!

Your service to countries like Australia needs to be focused on before you start getting all innovative again... i have been waiting for a plastic drive gear for a Futabe 9250 for the last 4 months...its pathetic...why did`nt i go with the JR??
Look closer. AFR will give you one rate, DR1 a second, and DR2 a third. Each one can have a different curve and all can be selected sequentially on any three position switch.

Jim

F.Imbriaco 01-02-2008 08:46 PM

ORIGINAL: fifou313

I have a dream... A dream where Futaba produce a module that include 2.4Ghz and FM transmission.
When you start the 14Mz you can choice the type of frequency. Whith it I can still use my old receiver and I can enjoy with the new technology...
I hope one day my dream become true....
You are not alone. Just hope they offer it in the 9 and 12 channel radios ,too. Yawn, wake me 5 years from now. Futaba is so slooow !