RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Post all your "crappola" here (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/7834321-post-all-your-%22crappola%22-here.html)

JAS 08-11-2008 04:36 PM

Post all your "crappola" here

In the interest of keeping other threads on track, lets stick this just under the "what is pattern" thread so people can post their "garbage" here and not ruin other threads? Then if someone wants to post something totally irrelevant to a thread, they can post it here and link it to this thread.

Troy Newman 08-11-2008 05:04 PM

RE: Post all your "crappola" here

Thanks Jas,

So how bout them Tampa Bay Devil Rays?

elmer 08-11-2008 05:08 PM

Well said Jason, no-one needs to read the crap that is being put in some of the latest threads

Nathan King 08-11-2008 06:07 PM

So, how about those spin entries?? :D

cdodom 08-11-2008 06:19 PM

not the devil rays anymore. people were offended by that and changed the name to just the Rays

JAS 08-11-2008 06:21 PM

Baseball... [:'(]

cdodom 08-11-2008 06:39 PM

I feel ya jason. I dont like baseball either. how bout them UFC fights Saturday night?

can773 08-11-2008 06:50 PM

GSP kicks ass!

Mastertech 08-11-2008 06:53 PM

JR KICKS ARSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh crap I broke my 12x, AGAIN! :D

mmattockx 08-11-2008 06:54 PM

And Brock is one terrifying human being. If he stood beside you, it would look like an eclipse when he blocked out the sun.

I wonder if Fitch can feel his face yet? And if Heath's kidneys have recovered yet?

Mark

cdodom 08-11-2008 06:54 PM

you bet man! fitch had no chance hes tuff though, I can give him that

Gregg G 08-11-2008 07:11 PM

Hey Troy,
Rays won't stay ahead of Boston!....sorry dude!

Greg Grigsby

cdodom 08-11-2008 07:14 PM

WHAT! boston just traded off their best player, It just aint going to happen. but if boston keeps The yanks out of the playoffs Ill be stoked.

Jetdesign 08-11-2008 08:10 PM

I was flying today after the rain; it was so beautiful and calm, and then...

BILLIONS OF MOSQUITOS!!! I covered myself in bug stuff and it didn't work. I had to race to get everything put away, coudn't clean my plane and just threw everything in the car.

That sucked!!!

gmohr 08-11-2008 08:18 PM

Just remember guys, this fundamental calculus of life..

Toy Airplanes = Serious Bidness!

:)

JAS 08-11-2008 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

I was flying today after the rain; it was so beautiful and calm, and then...

BILLIONS OF MOSQUITOS!!! I covered myself in bug stuff and it didn't work. I had to race to get everything put away, coudn't clean my plane and just threw everything in the car.

That sucked!!!
Been there several times... gonna do it more I'm sure. The first practice field in Argentina was the worst. We we warned to pack up by 4 (4 more hours of light left too) and that was when we were unpacking at 11 and getting eaten alive. Well at 4 Dave and I were throwing the plane in the van to get out of them. It was too bad cause the field was prefect for practicing at.

rcpattern 08-11-2008 08:29 PM

The military has some kind of crazy bug stuff that they use over here in the sand box..not sure it is exactly environmentally friendly, but where are it is a HUGE problem...when they spray the field it goes away for days...just have to figure out how to get that in a can...now if I keel over dead in the next few months we'll know why....

kregan 08-11-2008 08:36 PM

Who is this JAS guy ?

Craven 08-11-2008 08:43 PM

Who wants to go drinking?

rcpattern 08-11-2008 08:43 PM

David Shulman's brother:D

jlkonn 08-11-2008 08:43 PM

gaRCfield,
Don't know what kind of bugs you got in to but here in Iowa out in the cornfields where I practice the gnats can get really, really bad. Bug spray has no effect what so ever.
In fact they may be attracted by it! [:o] What works is vanilla extract (not the artificial). Sometimes you gotta really put it on but it will turn them away. Also something called "Skin So Soft" from Avon is supposed to help. NO! Jason! I don't have any![:@] Something else that is supposed to work is a Bounce fabric softner clothes dryer sheet
under your hat! My daughter, Eliz, and I were driving back from the Omaha contest yesterday evening. She would tolerate me listening to talk radio for awhile and I would tolerate her CD's. During one of my turns listening to talk radio they said that mosquitos swarm around the highest point near a warm body. According to this guy on the radio if you hold a small branch over your head they will swarm above you and leave you alone! Jason, when you're competing in one of these exotic locations again and try this method let me know so I can arrange to have plenty of pictures taken for the K-Factor cover!:D:D:D
JLK

JAS 08-11-2008 08:44 PM

Just a pilot wanting to keep the small bit of online sanity I have left ;)

Madi's uncle... Leon's grandson, Don's son and yea David's brother

MHester 08-11-2008 09:02 PM

Sorry Jason, online=insane, and that's that. That's an axiom and there's nothing you can do about it. lithium and prozac can help, but there is no substitute for just getting out and flying....leave the laptop at home ;)

uh oh is this now a Black magic love fest too? Darnit I posted....it's habitual I tell you. I am an addict, I can't stop! Somebody save me!

hang on let me call my minions in here...before the post police show up again.

Man the bugs at Talladega are terrible. I'll be glad when it cools off and those things go back underground or whatever.

-M

dhal22 08-11-2008 09:15 PM

can someone help me setup my YS 1.70 in my Tower Hobbies Avistar 40? :D. and why the last time i flew this combo did it not hold a knife edge? you asked, Jason.;)

david

MHester 08-11-2008 09:20 PM

Well, I would guess your CG is just slightly forward of where it should be? LOL

dhal22 08-11-2008 09:26 PM

no, it balances. i poured several bags of fishing weights and then a good bit of epoxy down the fuse while standing it up on it's tail feathers. any other ideas?[&o]

david

JAS 08-11-2008 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: MHester

Sorry Jason, online=insane, and that's that. That's an axiom and there's nothing you can do about it. lithium and prozac can help, but there is no substitute for just getting out and flying....leave the laptop at home ;)

uh oh is this now a Black magic love fest too? Darnit I posted....it's habitual I tell you. I am an addict, I can't stop! Somebody save me!

Man the bugs at Talladega are terrible. I'll be glad when it cools off and those things go back underground or whatever.

-M
2 things Mike... I don't/won't have a laptop when I go flying. And call anyone you want here... friend or foe, that's what this thread is for... ;)

JAS 08-11-2008 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: dhal22

can someone help me setup my YS 1.70 in my Tower Hobbies Avistar 40? :D. and why the last time i flew this combo did it not hold a knife edge? you asked, Jason.;)

david
David,

Now that gives me an idea for my WM Skyraider... Instead of the 46 I'll put in my 170 and mount all the servos in the tail (pull-pull forward to the ailerons). Now I hope I remember to put the dihedral brace in the right way...

matchlessaero 08-11-2008 09:51 PM

Dooo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do.......

Jetdesign 08-11-2008 10:05 PM

Can someone pass me the DEET!?

Gregg G 08-11-2008 10:07 PM

Hey David,
Will it hover with the 170?
Greg

Jetdesign 08-11-2008 10:12 PM

I think I'd hover with a 170.

MHester 08-11-2008 10:23 PM

ORIGINAL: JAS

-M
2 things Mike... I don't/won't have a laptop when I go flying. And call anyone you want here... friend or foe, that's what this thread is for... ;)

hey man I tried! LOL I only have few real "foes", but MAN they can be a PITA. In fact, same few as there have always been since forever. you have no idea how happy I was to discover that!! I'd much rather talk about planes.

Friends though, mehhhh, we just go flying :D LET'S GO FLYING, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

-Mike

MHester 08-11-2008 10:25 PM

Dude...this has the potential to become the biggest post-***** thread on RCU......LOL

-M

JAS 08-11-2008 10:36 PM

Only if everyone uses it instead of the other threads... now get back to your 110 before Arch flies over your house and drops you a reminder...lol.

can773 08-11-2008 11:13 PM

Now that the Nats are over and its not that important if I break any bones....mountain bike season starts :) Time to go cause myself some injuries!

MHester 08-11-2008 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually one of the "haters" screwed up and left thier web cam on. So, this explains a lot!!!!

LOL

-Mike

JAS 08-11-2008 11:36 PM

ORIGINAL: can773

Now that the Nats are over and its not that important if I break any bones....mountain bike season starts :) Time to go cause myself some injuries!
I wanna go... but not break any bones. And don't you have 1 more important contest to finish before you go body-casting?

JAS 08-11-2008 11:38 PM

Actually one of the "haters" screwed up and left thier web cam on. So, this explains a lot!!!!

LOL

-Mike

I don't know if I want to hear why you were looking at their webcam in the first place...LOL[X(]

cdodom 08-11-2008 11:46 PM

LOL

-Mike

Man Im trying to remember what movie those pictures were from.

Jason, is that next big contest in Tenn. ?