RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Knoxville TN AMA pattern meet (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/7880997-knoxville-tn-ama-pattern-meet.html)

PatternPilot 08-24-2008 05:18 PM

Knoxville TN AMA pattern meet

1 Attachment(s)
Hi All,

Great to see the guys who made the trip down from D4...

Knoxville TN- Inaugural House Mountain Pattern classic kicked off Friday afternoon with pilots from D4 and D3 practicing and socializing with old friends. 15 pilots filled the classes and Saturday morning there was a short pilots meeting and the contest started. There was several cross over pilots from SPA (Senior Pattern Association) that came up to battle it out in the sportsman class. There was six rounds flown and the FAI / Master guys had their own little contest going alternating rounds flying FAI & Masters, which was interesting. Four rounds where done on Saturday and there was lunch provided which even had a dining area. Sunday two more flights where done to finish the contest.
Sunday during the set up it was noticed that the plaques did not make it into the assistant CD van, so Paul Funk and my wife jumped into the Avid Speedwing and flew 25 minutes to Oliver Springs airport to meet up with Phil Spelt’s Wife and retrieve the items and flew back to the contest site. It was a 1 hour roundtrip vs. a 2.5 drive round trip, which they made it back as the last two pilots where finishing up the six rounds.
A special “Thank You” goes out to Paul Funk, for the plaque airlift, Knoxhobbies.com for providing the pop-ups for the flight line and scoring, Terry Rogers HMRC president & Thompson family for use of their site. And Joel Hebert for doing the computer work.

Here are the results:

Sportsman:
1 Julio Arrieta
2 Mike Robinson
3 Carl Sten

Intermediate:
1 Mikael Fedon
2 Kirk Sutherland
3 Warren Oliver

Advanced:
1 Gary Courtney
2 Jon Lowe
3 Ed Hartley

Masters:
1 Ray Morton
2 Bob Pannell
3 Everette Carpenter

FAI:
1 Ray Morton
2 Bob Pannell

PatternPilot 08-24-2008 05:25 PM

RE: Knoxville TN AMA pattern meet

1 Attachment(s)
More photos !!!

PatternPilot 08-24-2008 05:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and more photos..

britcardoc 08-24-2008 05:59 PM

Congratulation to the SPA pilots!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan Dougherty

matchlessaero 08-24-2008 06:15 PM

Congrats Mikael! MOVE UP!!!!!!!!

KGSS28 08-24-2008 06:35 PM

Thanks to Scott all the guys . Had a great time.

Thanks Kirk

grcourtney 08-24-2008 06:52 PM

great time, great people, THIS IS A NICE PLACE TO FLY PATTERN!!!!! wide open!!!! Thanks to Scott and all of house mountain club members... good deal..

gary

ShineyObject 08-24-2008 06:53 PM

Thanks Scott! Had a wonderful time in Middle Earth!
The Hobbit (Mike Robinson)

radray 08-24-2008 08:53 PM

Scott,

Thank you very much for hosting a very nice contest. I really enjoyed flying and meeting all the D3 flyers. The lunch was home cooked and fantastic, fresh from the farm. I will certainly look forward to returning next year.

Ray Morton

jonlowe 08-24-2008 11:00 PM

Great contest and great place to fly. You all ought to put this one on your calendars. Marcio, you missed a good one!

Jon

Aladdin 08-25-2008 12:43 AM

Bravo Mikael[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

braza 08-25-2008 09:42 AM

Sorry i couldn't make guys. it look like you guys had a great time. Sorry i couldn't call, my phone hasn't worked since friday. getting it fixed today. Hope to see you guys at Huntsville.

Marcio