RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   Ventura- new Quique Somenzini design (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/8874790-ventura-new-quique-somenzini-design.html)

Ryan Smith 06-23-2009 04:14 PM

Ventura- new Quique Somenzini design

Hey guys,

I just saw on Oxai's website where they have put up the page for Quique's new design for this year's WC, the Ventura. Check it out!

http://www.oxai-rc.com/main/detail.aspx?ID=55

can773 06-23-2009 04:31 PM

RE: Ventura- new Quique Somenzini design

Cool, so what motor is he running?

Ryan Smith 06-23-2009 04:34 PM

An electric one ;)

vbortone 06-23-2009 04:36 PM

The specs. call for Hacker C50. It does not mention glow so we could assume that is electric only. It is just a guess.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone

Gregg G 06-23-2009 04:54 PM

Pretty impressive! All paint, electric powered and it's going to be under 5kg. Wow!

Greg Grigsby

Derek.Koopowitz 06-23-2009 04:59 PM

Very nice... long nose though.

Derek.Koopowitz 06-23-2009 05:02 PM

I don't want to hijack this thread... so please PM if you have an answer.

Does anyone know if one can buy those center "cabane" struts that hold the top wing to the fuselage? I don't mean those particular one's that are for the Ventura - but for any 2M size bipe will do.

vbortone 06-23-2009 05:34 PM

Long nose makes sense to get equivalent dinamic balance with the glow. This is good sign because means that the plane is really design for electric motor that is much lighter than the glow versions.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone

shannah 06-23-2009 06:04 PM

These things just keep getting cooler. I guess it is that time for the WC aircraft to begin getting unveiled. Today we got JAS' and QQ's. We've seen Jesky's Spark. Can't wait to see the rest. Looking forward to seeing the Japanese team aircraft.

Silent-AV8R 06-23-2009 06:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Looking forward to seeing the Japanese team aircraft.
Not sure how accurate this is, but I got this sent to me saying it was a spy shot taken recently in Japan.

Looks kind of retro to me.

mjfrederick 06-23-2009 09:18 PM

Removed...

Rendegade 06-23-2009 10:50 PM

PICS or STHU!

Derek.Koopowitz 06-23-2009 11:03 PM

ORIGINAL: shannah

These things just keep getting cooler. I guess it is that time for the WC aircraft to begin getting unveiled. Today we got JAS' and QQ's. We've seen Jesky's Spark. Can't wait to see the rest. Looking forward to seeing the Japanese team aircraft.
Here is the biplane that Onda will fly... [link=http://homepage3.nifty.com/naru/azura.htm]Naruke's website[/link]. There is a monoplane out that is the next version after the Altair as well. I don't have a pic for that since I didn't save the link.

Ricardo M. 06-24-2009 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For me is the same plane with a different color scheme. Maybe the tail group (rudder) is a little smaller is his new design.

Ryan Smith 06-24-2009 08:43 AM

Yes, Ricardo. It's just a modified Euphoria.

vbortone 06-24-2009 09:11 AM

Clearly the nose is a little longer which is very good for electric power.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone

Ryan Smith 06-25-2009 10:33 AM

Vince,

The nose is not longer at all. It has the same moment as the Euphoria. The chin cowl is not removable on this airplane, so that may contribute some to any illusion you have of the nose being longer. Also, the empennage is a little smaller, contributing to any optical illusion. Otherwise, they're the same airplane, only the Ventura is built solely for electric power.

I have some pictures of the airplane completed that I am trying to find to post on here. My first impression was that it was a Euphoria with new colors. The Oxai pictures are taken at odd angles that you normally don't see an airplane at while at the field, as well as the airplanes not being finished in these pictures.

mups53 06-25-2009 11:04 AM

It's beautiful! Mike

highfly3D 06-25-2009 02:18 PM

i didn't like the color scheme....

Ryan Smith 06-25-2009 03:54 PM

To each his own. It's far different from the typical cookie cutter colors on pattern planes. I love it personally.

mups53 06-25-2009 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: highfly3D

i didn't like the color scheme....
That's why there's vanilla and chocolate. Beauty is in the eye of beholder.
Sarah Jessica Parker is pretty to some men but to me she's always been bigtime ugly. It's all in how you see it.
It's strange how many times I've seen a plane or say a car and initially I hate it. Then over time I somehow grow to like the looks.
I didn't initially like the Spark but after seeing it fly and seeing it at the field I've grown to like it. Initially I wouldn't have thought that was possible.
QQ's new plane is sharp. I my eye's its different and beautiful. Mike

Ryan Smith 06-25-2009 04:30 PM

I couldn't have said it better, Mike.

FWIW, I hated the Spark at first, but it's grown on me. And Sarah Jessica Parker is hideous.

Silent-AV8R 06-25-2009 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: mups53
That's why there's vanilla and chocolate. Beauty is in the eye of beholder.
Like they say, beauty is only skin deep, but ugly cuts clear to the bone!!

I agree about SJP [:'(]

Ricardo M. 06-25-2009 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This plane is useing a RASA folding prop and a Plettenberg motor. I really donĀ“t know if this will be the set up he will be useing in WC Portugal.

mups53 06-25-2009 06:44 PM

Ryan will QQ be flying at the US nats this summer? I hope so I love watching him fly. Thanks, Mike
PS: Ricardo I have the same pletty Rasa folding prop setup on my Sickle.