RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   St. Clairsville Aerobatics/Trimming Seminar CANCELLED (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/9092819-st-clairsville-aerobatics-trimming-seminar-cancelled.html)

petec 09-13-2009 06:20 PM

St. Clairsville Aerobatics/Trimming Seminar CANCELLED

Since the weather is not cooperating we are going to cancel and do this in the Spring.

Our appologies to those who planned on attending but temps in the high 30s and low 40s and rain does not bode well for fingers that need to hold a transmitter.

Pete

JCINTEXAS 09-13-2009 09:58 PM

RE: St. Clairsville Aerobatics/Trimming Seminar CANCELLED

Pete,
Trimming for aerobatics is a subject of great interest to me and I sure wish I could travel to Ohio for the seminar. But that's a long way from central Texas and I still have to work so I can play with model airplanes. May I offer a suggestion which I hope you'll consider? Get someone in the group who is a good note taker...and get the most important points in writing. Then please share this info with us here in the Forum.
I hope you will. It would be very much appreciated.
Tailwinds my friend,
JC

petec 09-13-2009 10:31 PM

Arch Stafford and Mark Atwood are to be on hand to help those of us who aspire to fly well. Rick Cilles and myself are going to do the grunt work and there is a handout that I could post somewhere depending on size limitations.

rcpattern 09-14-2009 06:33 AM

JC,

It's not that far..only a good 2 day drive. I know because I just made it. Just kidding. It was a grueling drive, especially hauling all of my stuff moving here to MD. I am one of the guys putting this on, so I'll be happy to send you a copy of the documentation. I actually have a couple of copies of the stuff that I did in the spring there just outside San Antonio and if you email me your address I'll be happy to pass that along. Should be a good time. Thanks to Rick, Pete, and the St. Clairsville club for putting this on.

Arch

Jetdesign 09-14-2009 07:44 AM

If it wasn't during the school year I would really consider making the trip. I could really use something like this.

petec 09-14-2009 07:55 AM

C'mon Joe...it's only 11 hours each way...that's a good weekend roadtrip.

rcpattern 09-14-2009 08:50 AM

Joe,

Since I'm not on the east coast and significantly closer, you are more than welcome to come down here to MD and go fly with me for a few days. I have plenty of room for you at my apt and can work around your schedule. It still isn't a quick trip, but if you came down and spent a long weekend or something, we could get a lot of good flying in.

Arch

Champ-RCU 09-17-2009 08:34 AM

PeteC,

I've never been to a Pattern Aerobatics/trimming seminar. Question, is this a hands on event where we bring our planes and others with more knowledge help to get it trimmed. Or is it a demonstration where the student watches how one goes about trimming a pattern plane? Also if someone doesn't have a pure patttern plane but say a 120 size Sukhoi would that be an acceptable plane to bring? :D

Thanks in advance.

Mark

rcpattern 09-17-2009 09:07 AM

Mark,

I am one of the guys putting on the instruction. It is very much hands on. Please bring your plane / planes. We will initially start with about an hour or so ground school, covering initial bench setup and basic radio setup. Then we will move into the flying portion which will take the rest of the day. We will cover everything from trimming and setup to actually how to fly the patterns and little flying tips and tricks which can make your life easier as a competitor or a sport flyer. We will also go over how to use your radio to best suit your needs for aerobatic flying. I am a Futaba Rep, and Mark is an Airtronics rep, but both of us have been around long enough we can help, no matter which radio brand you fly. Feel free to write down any questions and bring them with you or shoot me a PM. Mark Atwood and I will be also be happy to fly anyone's planes and help do some hands on trimming.

This applies to any aerobatic type airplane, IMAC or Pattern, so your Sukhoi will be perfect.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

Arch

petec 09-17-2009 09:14 AM

It's hands on and demonstration...so yes

As for needing a pattern plane...no...your Sukhio is fine. Last time I went to one of these a guy brought out his 33% Yak

It's about helping people get their planes set up properly and how to fly the manuevers. Sure the people putting it on fly pattern but all that means is there is a preoccupation with trying to make what is flown match the technical description. the more the merrier.

PM me with your e-mail address so I can get your info for the head count.

Gungadin 09-20-2009 08:55 PM

Is Oct. 24th a firm date ? I would like to come down if I can. It's a one day only deal right ? Dan

rcpattern 09-21-2009 06:25 AM

Correct,

It is a one day event and October 24 is the date. We'll work on getting a flyer made up soon.

Arch

RC11 09-21-2009 07:46 AM

Hey Gungadin, Is that you Dan?
RC

Gungadin 09-21-2009 06:16 PM

Boy there goes my anonimity. Just kidding. Hey Rick how the heck are ya ? Good I hope. I may be able to come down for this seminar. Dan:)

RC11 09-22-2009 12:23 PM

Hey all,
The date will be October 17th. A flyer will be available soon. Pattern flyers bring next years new competitors!

More info soon,
Rick Cilles

petec 09-27-2009 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here is the Flyer.

Also make sure you email EITHER Rick or i if you are planning to attend so we get enough materials for handout and food.

Pete

petec 09-30-2009 07:29 PM

T minus 17 days and counting...how many plan to attend?

RC11 10-01-2009 08:09 AM

Pete... RC and MC. Michael is now mending. Rudder???? Don't need no stinking rudder!
Anyway, If you are planning on attending give us a heads up so we can be properly prepaired. 10/17 is my daughter's birthday and that date has consistently had some of the most beautiful weather of the year over the past 22 years now. WOW does time fly! The trees should be at their peak color. Typically low 70s and sunny with light winds. I am ordering up the weather now.
Hope to see ya there.
Rick Cilles [email protected] richard.cilles@ momentive .com
home 740-695-2021
cell 740-338-8386

AAbdu 10-01-2009 09:46 AM

I will be there unless the weather request is denied.

Anthony

petec 10-01-2009 11:00 AM

You were on my list already, but thanks for the reminder.

Strat2003 10-01-2009 12:36 PM

I'll be there, Pete, and two others from the club (besides Michael and Rick) are almost certain.
Scott

rcpattern 10-01-2009 02:11 PM

Michael only counts as 1/2 since he can only use one arm at the moment. Rick did say he was playing X-box though, so that is a good sign.

Arch

RC11 10-02-2009 07:45 AM

I talked to the CHICKEN MAN!!! Lunch provided means Houston's world famous chicken and Cathie's fixins. World famous Booth baked beans and pasta salad for Mark!
Anthony... the weather is promised and an appearance from Sponge bob is mandatory!!!!
RC:):D;)

AAbdu 10-02-2009 09:54 AM

Consider it done! I am there rain or shine if only for that delicious roasted chicken [sm=tongue_smile.gif]

rcpattern 10-02-2009 10:40 AM

CHICKEN MAN!!! CHICKEN MAN!!! CHICKEN MAN!!!