RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   NEVRC Conyngham Pattern Contest (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/9754888-nevrc-conyngham-pattern-contest.html)

DaveL322 05-23-2010 10:38 PM

NEVRC Conyngham Pattern Contest

1 Attachment(s)
Despite intermittent showers and some pretty strong winds, 6 rounds were completed by 1pm Sunday.

Very well prepared field, and smoothly run by the small but dedicated NEVRC group. Registration, flightline, scoring, food (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and any extra assistance was provided by the club....which does not have a single pattern flyer (but lots of aerobatic enthusiasts and some IMAC flyers). Thanks to all of these guys who were at the field at 7AM each morning to get things perfectly in order.

A first for me.....there were TWO gasoline powered planes at this contest.....Syssa 180s of Matt Kebajian and Bob Moulder....both are running well.

Regards,

DaveL322 05-23-2010 10:40 PM

RE: NEVRC Conyngham Pattern Contest

1 Attachment(s)
More pics.....

rcpattern 05-23-2010 10:43 PM

Great contest. Great site and the club did a great job. Most amazing thing about this club is they have NO pattern flyers. They just like precision aerobatics and put on a first class contest.

Arch

JAS 05-24-2010 03:30 AM

results?

rcpattern 05-24-2010 06:29 AM

From memory.

Sportsman: Jerry Smith (only pilot)
Intermediate: 1. Gary Veit, 2. Bob Moulder, 3. Jeff (sorry, can't remember his last name)
Advanced: Joseph Szczur (only pilot), flew really well though
Masters: 1. Archie Stafford, 2. Steve Miller, 3. Joe Lachowski, 4. Ed Alt, 5. Anthoy Romano (total of 9 pilots I think
FAI: 1. Dave Lockhart, Don Szczur

J Lachowski 05-24-2010 06:45 AM

Great contest as usual.

The big question is. Where were the rest of the D1 regulars?

cmoulder 05-24-2010 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a few photos... would have been more but I was coming down with a virus and felt very "droopy", as my Dad likes to say. Thankfully Dave Lockhart took some great photos (for once I got a good shot of ME!) and I saw some other guys taking photos that I'm sure we'll see here.

petec 05-24-2010 08:11 AM

Even though I took the gear out of my plane and didn't fly after the first (horrible) flight it was worth the 4 1/2 hour drive just to hang out. It's already on the list for next year with wife and son in tow since Hershey is 1 1/2 hours away.

2Sunny 05-24-2010 04:55 PM

Looks like you guys had better conditions than we had last weekend in Jersey. Sure wish I could have been there, and especially sorry I missed out on seeing Bob Moulder as he was a great coach for a day or two last year, and I'm excited to see him re-joining Pattern. I promise to make this contest a priority next year.

As always - great photos Dave!

Joe

cmoulder 05-24-2010 08:04 PM

Hey, Joe P!

Yes, I think we had less wind, but we made up for it with overcast and rain!:D

PM me if to see if we can work in some practice days locally. I need a lot of help learning to fly in crosswinds.

The next contest I will be able to attend is the Poconos event June 26-27.