RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Pattern Flying (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/)
-   -   European Championship In AUSTRIA (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-pattern-flying-101/9891188-european-championship-austria.html)

macleote 07-27-2010 06:22 AM

European Championship In AUSTRIA

Hi,
In one month it will be the European Championship in Austria.
Organisator web site : http://www.f3a-ec.eu/

Benoit PLR won't be there for personnal reasons.
French team will be:
CPLR
L. BURBAUD
J. QUELLIER

++
Seb

PS: French NATS are beginning in two days.

Rendegade 07-27-2010 09:41 PM

RE: European Championship In AUSTRIA

I see a few names from RCU on there! Good luck to all.

papaone 08-20-2010 07:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi

New pattern of Gerhard Meyr named Toxylen. Totaly finished with Oracover
(Pics seen on Julien Quellier's blog)

can773 08-20-2010 09:39 AM

Papaone

Do you think you could have someone find an explanation for the second aileron on this model?

wvr 08-20-2010 09:42 AM

Nice plane

What is the idea behind the large and small aileron?
Butterfly braking?

Good luck to everybody at the EC... especially the Dutch team ;-)

jim woodward 08-20-2010 10:29 AM

Those guys put a lot of work into this model! Congratulations!!
Jim

Gregg G 08-20-2010 10:44 AM

When you first look at the Toxylen you don't think much of it, but when your really start to look at it you get a good look at the amount of work involved. What a gorgeous airplane and I remember when pattern airplanes were only half that complicated. Well done!

Greg Grigsby

apereira 08-20-2010 11:27 AM

And when you think we have reached the design limits. I saw his flights with the Osiris at the World Champs, he as an incredible pilot, and the Osiris flight unreal for how slow it flew but retained the necessary authority.

I really want to see this one fly!!

Regards

Alejandro P.

papaone 08-20-2010 02:02 PM

Hi Chad

Do you think you could have someone find an explanation for the second aileron on this model? I don't know.

Friend of mine told me that throw of aileron on tip is larger. So there are 4 servo on ailerons.
Plane is made all in wood. Weight is 4650 g. New Plettenberg (diameter is larger).
Claude

ram_z 08-20-2010 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
HI
This is the team from Israel.

WVR
Send my regards to Job and Derk.

Ram

can773 08-20-2010 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: papaone

Hi Chad

Do you think you could have someone find an explanation for the second aileron on this model? I don't know.

Friend of mine told me that throw of aileron on tip is larger. So there are 4 servo on ailerons.
Plane is made all in wood. Weight is 4650 g. New Plettenberg (diameter is larger).
Claude

Curious, why not just use a bigger aileron and avoid all the complication of a second set of servos etc.?

shannah 08-21-2010 01:01 AM

Weight is 4650 g.
Huh? With 4 aileron servos and all wood construction it is 4650? What batteries are used? A 3900mah pack or 8s? That is unbelievably light. I would love to learn more about how it can be so light.

macleote 08-21-2010 03:17 AM

Hi Chad

Claude

Maybe for Snap, Mayr use to fly slowly, so maybe it help the plane to snap with slow speed.

jaaskela 08-21-2010 07:19 AM

For those of us who won't be there on site it would be highly appreciated if someone took the effort of shooting some videos of the contest flights and putting them online, especially of the F:s and the unknowns.

We need to see a video of a flight by Gerhard Mayr! :D There are these stories about his special flying style and these pics of his own-design planes, and he's always at the top of the score lists, yet there are no videos of him flying to be found, or pretty much any other info for that matter. The same actually goes for a couple of other top Euro pattern pilots as well...

macleote 08-21-2010 07:31 AM

He is a urban legend!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

FlyingWorks 08-24-2010 08:18 AM

Spain team non official practices: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vARLU1EWQg (By Andrés Girabel).

Regards.

Federico Hinestrosa

David Bathe 08-24-2010 09:34 AM

That's the stuff.<div>Lot's of films needed of the key players.</div><div>Looking forward to watchin'</div>

Benoit 08-24-2010 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,

I will leave to Austria on thursday morning.
The 2 other belgian pilots are Brice Jacquemin and Christian Hans. ( Bert Delaere from "Aerobertics.be" had to leave is place as he will be father for the 2nd time one of those days [sm=regular_smile.gif])
Philippe Marquet will be our "de luxe" team manager [8D]
It seems that the Austrian wheater is great and I expect a superb competition.

I am a happy ZN Xigris C2 owner :)
It's a marvelous "F3A machine"
The F3A flying abilities of this plane are amazing! Great lines-tracker, very neutral, wonderfull knive edge performance (the rudder power is impressive, it took me several flights to adapt) , the spin and stall turn are delecfull, the snaps are neat and crispy (when my fingers follow )
What else can I say? [sm=teeth_smile.gif] It's just a GREAT plane.

I put the new Plettenberg Xtra 30-9 EVO II (great power :D ), the Jeti Spin Opto 99, and Savox SC1257 servos all the way.

I will be happy to meet all my friends in Austria :)
All the best to everybody, C.U. there
Benoit from Belgium

FlyingWorks 08-25-2010 08:01 AM

Spain team non official practices 2nd day (Spanish language): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ilEiG__0tg (By Andrés Girabel).

Regards.

Federico Hinestrosa

wagen017 08-26-2010 08:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Benoit

I put the new Plettenberg Xtra 30-9 EVO II (great power :D ), the Jeti Spin Opto 99, and Savox SC1257 servos all the way.

Benoit, what prop are you running now on your Evo 30-9? I'd be curious to know.

Volkert

highfly3D 08-26-2010 11:59 AM

I hope at least this time i will get to see the sequence videos of the pro pilots... from EC

FlyingWorks 08-26-2010 03:08 PM

Another one from Spain team (By Andrés Girabel): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85i2BLzCBfY

Regards.

Federico Hinestrosa

highfly3D 08-27-2010 12:44 AM

Hi

New pattern of Gerhard Meyr named Toxylen. Totaly finished with Oracover
(Pics seen on Julien Quellier's blog)

What is the advantage of to ailerons on a single wing or is it a king of flap?? Also i see there is a small wings on the top & bottom of the main wings what is the effect of this in real

guille2006 08-27-2010 01:56 AM

ORIGINAL: macleote

Hi Chad

Claude

Maybe for Snap, Mayr use to fly slowly, so maybe it help the plane to snap with slow speed.

1- It's the typical solution for several big planes (airliners or so): the smallers outside ailerons gives you an excelent roll performance with smaller deflections without increasing drag too much. A combination with the inner ones gives you excellent performance at low speeds...
2- Also there is the flap thing. You can use the entire aileron as a flap too but you risk some tip stall or loose of roll presition (due to close stall condition on wing tips) specially with this type of wing planform.
This is the basic; now it's necesary to ask the plane's owner how he uses that surfaces... may be he focuses only on point 1; may be a combination with point 2 too.
Hope it helps.
G.

JPZ 08-27-2010 03:53 AM

Hi Volker

Ben is using the 21X14 apc

JPZ