Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tower TS-53 with JR trans/receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 12:27 AM
OldschoolG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower TS-53 with JR trans/receiver?

I have a cub with 5 new TS-53 servos in it and a Tower system 3000 radio (very limited) that came with it..

Can Ileave userthe TS-53 servos with my JR-6102 TRANS and JR 6 channel reciever? Ichecked operation of a JR servo in with the system 3000 and the rotation is reversed. So at minimum I would have to revers the servos if using the JRtrans/rec.

Is there any other issues with this i need to beware of (couldn't find a post on this using search).

Thank you.

Oldschool.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tower TS-53 with JR trans/receiver?

ORIGINAL: OldschoolG I have a cub with 5 new TS-53 servos in it and a Tower system 3000 radio (very limited) that came with it.. Can Ileave userthe TS-53 servos with my JR-6102 TRANS and JR 6 channel reciever? Ichecked operation of a JR servo in with the system 3000 and the rotation is reversed. So at minimum I would have to revers the servos if using the JRtrans/rec. Is there any other issues with this i need to beware of (couldn't find a post on this using search). Thank you. Oldschool.
As mentioned, JR & Futaba servo operate in the reverse direction.
The channel assignment order is different between Futaba & JR, if not shownon JRRX case,
RX...............Channel Assignments as determined by different brands of TX
......................Futaba/Hitec......Graupner/JR
Channel 1....... ailerons.......... throttle
Channel 2....... elevator..........ailerons
Channel 3........throttle............ elevator
Channel 4........rudder............. rudder
The TS-53 is simply a re-badged Futaba S3003 servo and works well with a JR system.
The Futaba J plug is easy to amend to a JR style as per
Servo - Wiring Diagrams = use with other brand RX.
and more at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Regards
Alan T.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:08 PM
OldschoolG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

So in summarry, I can just cut the tab off of the TS-53 servos and plug into the JR receiver and all is good (same wiring configuration (but will need to reverse servos)

Using the Futabo reciever w/ JR trans is out of the question right?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: OldschoolG Thanks for the info. So in summarry, I can just cut the tab off of the TS-53 servos and plug into the JR receiver and all is good (same wiring configuration (but will need to reverse servos) Using the Futabo reciever w/ JR trans is out of the question right?
Givendomocile shows as CA, USA, your systems are most likely on 72Mhz in which case they are not compatible. Thisunless either TX or RX is shift selectable - not usual in the case of JRor Futaba..
Negative and/or positive shift in Transmitters and Receivers - 101 re Differences

regards
Alan.